October 2017 Moms

Work out check in 7-10

1. How was last week? Plans for this week?

2. Still motivated or dragging your butt to the gym?

3. GTKY: fitness goal after baby? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Work out check in 7-10

• 1. How was last week? Plans for this week?
    Good - except for the day the WOD was 21-18-15-12-9 pull ups. Even with some bands, it was terribly frustrating. 

good question. Little bit of both. 

Get pull ups back. 

it was tiring but good 

yes!!

not really
  • Loading the player...
  • abaumeabaume member
    1. How was last week? Plans for this week? Last week was okay. Got in four sessions. Go a little heavier on the weights for legs. Upper body I still feel close to normal. 

Motivated but dragging ass. Lol. Definitely slower over here. 

3. GTKY: fitness goal after baby? To get my butt as hard and perky as possible! Also, work on my pull ups. I want to do 10 strict. 

*please excuse my chicken scratch;)
    ok, the 4th threw me off. i am looking forward to working out normally this week.  plan on 4-5 days.

still motivated.  this is baby #2 so i am trying to workout as much and for as long as last time.  also, i have gained a bit more weight with this baby so the mental struggle with that rears its ugly head...

so many!  i would like to hit a 6:30 mile, deadlift 300#, surf 80 days in a year to name a few :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • abaumeabaume member
    @lola4411 Those are some sweet fitness goals. I am so jealous you live in a place that you can surf. 
  • abaume said:
    @lola4411 Those are some sweet fitness goals. I am so jealous you live in a place that you can surf. 
    I was thinking the same about yours! I would LOVE to do 10 strict. My PR is 5 and 10 feels so much further lol. Surfing is so hard to do with a kid. 80 days is probably a bit ambitious with two...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • abaumeabaume member
    @lola4411 Yep, getting solo time is much harder with the little ones. 5 strict is awesome though. 10 is definitely an ambitious goal. I convinced hubby to build me an outdoor pull station though. So hopefully that will help!
  • 1. How was last week? Plans for this week?  I was sick over the holiday weekend and it lingered for most of the week.  I was able to make it in on Friday, but not all was lost.   I tested my one rep bench press and got up to 125.  I've PRed my 5RM deadlift and bench press the week before.  Call it crazy preggo strength, lol.

Motivated, but the heat does make me move a little slower.  Plus I entered the third trimester this week and the fatigue is hitting me like a ton of bricks.  I'm starting a second cycle of starting strength programming rather than going back to WODs (still going to Saturday AM group WODs though) because the scheduling is a little more flexible, so I can show up early/late to class and still get my work in.  

3. GTKY: fitness goal after baby? To stay active after the baby is born and are medically cleared to move around.  It's going to be tough not being able to jump right back into things like before (scheduled c-section requires longer time to recover).  I want to be able to sign up for a powerlifting meet next year in October.  DH just signed up for his first one to take place at the end of October.  I'm really excited for him but also a
    little jealous, lol.

@abaume and @lola4411 I can't wait to get my strict pull-ups back.  My max was four, so 10 is amaze-balls!
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker