Infertility
Options

New To The Bump --- PCOS

cloeelizabethcloeelizabeth member
edited July 2017 in Infertility
Hello Everyone! 

My name is Cloe and I just signed up to The Bump.
Im so thankful to have found a place to go to for advice and to give any advice/encouragement that I can! 

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year now. We found out last November that I have PCOS. Which explains so much for me! Weight gain, twice a year periods, depression, etc. 
I am also  pre-diabetic because of it. 
We are both turning 22 this summer. We are hoping to be pregnant this November (although that might be a bit of a stretch.) 
I am on the Keto Diet (Just started so super moody XD) And will be scheduling an appointment with an all natural Doctor tomorrow. 
If anyone has any experience with all natural remedies, PCOS, Keto diet, or just wants to jump into this conversation feel free. I'm excited to talk and get to know everyone 

Many blessings to you all on this journey 

Cloe 

Re: New To The Bump --- PCOS

• Options
    Also since I'm new, if I do break any rules please let me know. 
    I have read the guidelines 
  • Options
    Hello.

I am sorry you have to be here but glad you joined us.  I have spent most of my time on the TTTC board so I am new to this board as well!

I don't have a whole lot of advice regarding the PCOS as DH and I are diagnosed with unexplained infertility.  Have you ever read "It Starts with the Egg" by Rebecca Fett.  I read it earlier this year and wished I had read it when I started this whole thing.  It talks some about diets in there and is a very interesting read.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cloeelizabethcloeelizabeth member
    edited July 2017
    I have not heard of this book! Thank you so much for the suggestion I actually ordered it now. I feel so lost at times because I feel like I don't know anything about PCOS, infertility, or solutions. 
    So thanks for the comment and recommendation. 
    Best wishes to you and your partner on this journey 
  • Options
    If you are looking for a support group for PCOS, an excellent place is Soul Cysters. Their infertility board was the first place I joined when I was diagnosed with a "very mild" PCOS after seeing an RE.  Great place to be, especially if you want to try natural and timing methods for a while. I ended up migrating over to the bump after moving up to IVF. Sucks to have PCOS, but I've seen a lot of ladies with PCOS have success. Good luck to you!

https://www.soulcysters.net/
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with pcos too and had very few periods a year since puberty.  When I wanted to try to get preg, I saw a Chinese herbalist to regulate my cycles.  For the first time in my life after only one month, my period was regular and I conceived the second month.  It worked on both my kids who are now 6 and 9.  Those herbs also help in other ways as it was explained to me with fallopian tube, etc.  You are young so you have good egg quality and time on your side.  I am also a pharmacist so know that pt with pcos often take metformin to increase insulin sensitivity...helps with pcos.  Clomid can be helpful too.  I was in my late 20s at the time and only relied on Chinese herbs.  It was successful in other younger pts too.  Make sure you find someone reputable.  I am not a reg on here.  First time in several years just browsing through.  Good luck!