July 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check-In 7/11 - Inside and Outside babies

Hey first time mamas!

How far along are you/how old is baby? 

Changes since last check in?

Appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: What do/did you like most about being pregnant & what do/did you like the least?
ME: 34 | DH: 36
Married: 6/2016
TTC:6/2016
BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

Re: FTM Check-In 7/11 - Inside and Outside babies

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    37+4

Having a lot more Braxton Hick contractions. Last night was extremely uncomfortable. The pressure was driving me nuts. I could feel LO hitting my pelvis (at least I think I did, it felt like a grinding sensation). Started getting some minor cramps and back pains, but nothing else! Sat on my exercise ball until I could get comfortable in bed.

I had my first weekly visit on the 6th. Blood pressure is good, baby is head down, heartbeat is nice and strong. Was sent to get a final thyroid check. TSH is higher than I usually have it, but it's still within normal range.

Rants/raves? 
    I REALLY miss sleeping on my stomach...and the insomnia is happening again. 

GTKY: What do/did you like most about being pregnant & what do/did you like the least?
    Liked: shopping around for baby stuff! It was fun! It allowed DH and I to really bond and spend time together. Baby shoes and booties are just the cutest things!

Disliked: the swelling and my feet growing!! Pretty sure none of my shoes fit me now besides the sandals I bought to allow for swelling room! 
  • Options
    37+3

nope

Had my weekly last Thursday.  Found out I'm GBS+ which is a bummer because antibiotics usually make me feel sick. 

Rants/raves? 
    I hate everyone all of a sudden. That's all. 

Most - baby movements. Sometimes they're uncomfortable or painful now but I like having this connection to her that no one else has. 

Least - first trimester nausea and vomiting. I've never been so miserable in my life. I'm uncomfortable now but I'll happily take swollen feet and aches and pains over the hell that was the first 4 months of my pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    37+3

Actually found that if I don't sleep with my body pillow, my hips hurt less.  Really tired all.the.time. but that's not getting better anytime soon ;)

Appointment this afternoon.  Still closed but soft and thinning and baby is at -1 station.  If I have any dilation next week, she'll strip my membranes.  :)

Rants/raves? 
    @cielaw89 I miss sleeping on my stomach, too.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? ---

Best: falling in love...with my baby and with DH.  I always knew that he would be a great dad but how supportive and excited he's been has made so much of this pregnancy easier.

Least: the utter exhaustion; physical and mental.
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    39wks, 4 days
    Nothing.  Baby hasn't dropped yet
    BP is still a little elevated but not enough to take action
    Rants/raves? 
    Dr is so calm and doesn't mind waiting.  I prefer a plan of action! 
    Most - wearing fitted clothes without feeling fat, people being a lot nicer 
    Least - heartburn,  carpal tunnel
  • Options
    37+6

Less swelling which is awesome but also kind of weird. I'm working way less hours now that my summer job started but I'm on my feet a good amount and I'm out in the sun so thought it would be worse. 

Everything's normal, got my GBS+ test but no results yet, no progress but wasn't expecting any. Finally got to meet a different doctor in the group, she was ok but greatly prefer my own. 

Rants/raves? 
    I saw a cockroach run out of my bedroom last night that I couldn't catch. I definitely freaked out, I hate my apartment complex. It's so much more frustrating to see one after I've been disinfecting everything like a crazy person. 

Most: I was never one for asking for help or even taking a break, being pregnant definitely taught me that it's ok to take it easy when you need it. 
    LeastDefinitely the lack of sleep. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you/how old is baby? 39+3

Changes since last check in? more pelvic pain and discomfort. I've been trying to do positions and exercises to move baby from ROT to a better position. 

Appointments since last check in? How did it go? had one Monday, heard about the positioning thing 

Rants/raves? rave: husband booked a prenatal massage for tomorrow. I'm also going to get waxed. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? is it stupid to get a wax this late in the game? Like is it going to be torture? 

most: I agree with the wearing tight clothes answer. Also just having a default conversation topic with strangers was kind of nice. I didn't get any weird advice or anything. 
    least: the nausea during the first ~5 months. I knew it wasn't going to be pleasant, but totally underestimated how terrible it would be. 
  • Options
    Baby Evie (Evelyn) is 13 days old. 

Swelling has finally subsided and my stitches from tearing during labor don't hurt as much. I just wish the postpartum bleeding would end soon. 9 months of no periods really spoiled me. 

Appointments since last check in? How did it go? Baby had her 2nd pediatrician visit on Monday. So far so good (although she HATES all the tests). 

Rants/raves? 
    Rave: DH has been so amazing. He makes sure I get some rest to recover and boost my milk supply. Plus, he's such a great papa already and is officially the swaddle master. 
    Rant: His paternity leave ends this week so he'll be back at work on Monday. I'm so scared about being on my own with baby. 

Most - feeling baby inside interacting with me. It's weird but every now and then I'll feel a phantom kick and get nostalgic.
    Least - the SPD and inability to bend. It's so nice to be able to put lotion on my legs and feet again!!  
  • Options
    How far along are you/how old is baby? 39 weeks & 3 days

Changes since last check in? More aches and pains but that's it

Appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had one on Tuesday and it went alright.

Rants/raves? Nothing yet

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nothing yet

GTKY: What do/did you like most about being pregnant & what do/did you like the least? I enjoyed most of it. I don't enjoy the back aches though lol
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you/how old is baby? 38 weeks 4 days

Changes since last check in?  Appointments since last check in? How did it go? Cervix dilated another 1.5 cm, according to the OB this morning. 

Rants/raves? Just getting impatient!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nope.

What I like most: That DH looks at and treats me like I'm a walking miracle. 

What I like the least: All the damage and stress that this pregnancy has and will do to my body.  I haven't felt like myself for months, and probably will never feel like myself again.

• Options
    RubyRedPirateRubyRedPirate member
    edited July 2017
    @rjoys8 I got a full wax at 35w and hated it. I got waxed all the time prepregnancy and never had an issue. This time it was a lot more painful, I had a thumb sized bruise, and I battled ingrown hairs for 2 weeks. Obviously its different for everyone but I will never do it while pregnant again. 

How far along are you/how old is baby? Im 39+5 today 

Changes since last check in? Im starting to get uncomfortable. I feel guilty taking tylenol so often

Appointments since last check in? How did it go?  had mt 40w appointment today. Still 4cm, scheduling an induction for next thursday when Im 40+5

Rants/raves? Im selfishly impatient that 40+5 was the soonest they could schedule my induction. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? do your glasses get in the way during labor? I have horrible eyesight but no contacts. 

GTKY: What do/did you like most about being pregnant & what do/did you like the least? The most- watching my husband fall in love with the baby. The least- not being able to sleep on my stomach
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers