Pregnant after a Loss
Options

When did you start to think about baby names?

I've always thought about what names I liked since I was a little girl, but I am so afraid of assigning a single name (boy or girl). I am 10 weeks, 3 days and I feel guilty about it, but it would be so hard losing a "Noah" or "Amelia" than it would to just "have a miscarriage". I hate PGAL brain. When did you start to think about or pick out a name?
Me: 28 DH: 29
Married: 4-25-2014
TTC: March 2015
BFP: 2-18-16
Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
D&C: 4-2-16
TTCAL: May 2016
IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: When did you start to think about baby names?

• Options
    My husband likes to talk about names right when we find out I am pregnant--I don't even think about it until after first tri.  We do blood work, so with DS, we didn't talk about names until after we knew he was healthy and it was a boy.  We went back and forth most of my pregnancy about names and had one picked out, but not set in stone, by induction day.  

I do, however, have a running list of names I like in my phone.  If a name sticks out or I think it's clever, I throw it on the list.  
  • Options
    We spent a long time prepping to TTC so we had locked down a great list of girl's names years before this pregnancy. Boy's names were always harder; they seem so much more limited and skewed towards the aggressive (or are totally overplayed) and we have very specific tastes and wants. We had a few almost-loves but continued to kick ideas around casually while struggling to conceive and then until we found out the sex at 18 weeks. Once we knew the sex, we resumed serious discussions. The night we went through the top 1000 I had nightmares of horrible, awful, misspelled and try-hard names literally chasing me so no more baby name lists for me. 

Now we're pretty sure but waiting to meet him juuuuust in case he's a real goofball baby who needs one of our less regal back-ups. 
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!