August 2017 Moms

Weekly Appointments 7/10

Any appointments this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Appointments 7/10

• 37 week appt Thursday. Excited for my first cervical check even though I know it doesn't really mean anything. I assume my cervix will still be closed and long from the progesterone shots but it would be nice to know my body is making changes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • OB tomorrow, but that's about it :)
  • OB thursday, and US on Friday.  Its a biometric scan, and I have to go weekly now.  I was overweight when I got pregnant, so my new OB is forcing me to get the scans for the rest of my pregnancy.  My old OB had told me that if I kept my weight gain under control, I could skip them, but the new one didnt care, so ugh.  I basically have two appointments every week from now until baby! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @smallbutmighty77
    At 36 weeks, my son measured 7lbs15oz.  My water broke at 38 weeks, and he weighed 8lbs11oz at birth.  Hopefully if your measurement was on track, you will deliver early also! :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• 37 week appointment on Wednesday. I anticipate a very "boring" appointment. I was told to schedule an ultrasound to see size but I didn't  :#. All they want to do is tell me if they think a VBAC is unlikely due to size (not a true factor). So, yeah, I'm refusing them. I'm guessing my OB isn't going to be happy with me...

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• JCPSand2BJCPSand2B member
    edited July 2017
    36 week appointment on Friday, first cervix check. Be interesting to see if it's different then with my first. When I was pregnant with her, at 41.5 weeks I was still not even dialated 1 cm or effaced at all so I was induced. Having a RCS this time so I'm perfectly fine with nothing happening. It would be interesting to see between now and Aug 4th if my body even knows how to do it on its own.

Edited because words are hard
  • @JCPSand2B they might not do cervical checks if you are electing a csection. I asked at my appointment today and he said he doesn't feel like they are necessary since we are planning for another csection.
  • @Leni410 I'd be okay with that, but my OB already said I'd be getting one at my next appointment. Maybe if all looks good, I won't have to get them at the following ones.
  • I have a rcs scheduled for 8/8 but my OB is supportive of vbac if it happens before then. Doing a cervical exam does seem to be a bit useless either way. I dilated early with my first but still went a week over my due date. Seems like it doesn't really for sure communicate anything
  • I'm going back Friday for my weekly biophysical profile. LO was measuring in the 30th percentile last week. My blood pressure was a bit higher, but still within the normal range, so hopefully it stays that way. 
    My only concern is that baby isn't head down yet. Doc says we wouldn't worry about it until around the 36 week mark, but I'm already 33 this week, so I can't help but worry a bit.
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @MrsVP614 I wouldn't worry too much about baby not being head down yet. From weeks 32-34, mine went from head down to head up to sideways and back to head down. He's been head down ever since and I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bwing10 congrats that is very exciting!!! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Hard to believe more babies are coming this week!!

Just came from a checkup; I'm 36+5. Everything is normal. The baby is still head down but not quite engaged; the OB thinks she has a couple inches to go. Also said the dropping usually doesn't happen for another week, so that was nice to know.

Here's the thing- she had her hand with her fingers splayed over the baby's head, and honestly, that's really far down already. The fact that it's not considered "dropped" yet is kind of mind-blowing. Once she's dropped I feel like she'd have literally an inch to go before she's crowning. The video animations don't make it look like that! 

Did the swab for strep and should know those results in a few days. 

Because I see a practice with rotating OBs, I've just been telling each one that I plan to have a medication-free birth. The doctor today said that's totally acceptable- they recommend constant monitoring but I could still move around (and be disconnected to shower if I want), and they recommend the IV but you can opt for the heplock so it's just there and ready if they have to hook you up quickly. I'm fine with that. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my 34 week appointment yesterday (you all seem so much further ahead!). This weekend my constant BH started being accompanied by period cramping so she checked my cervix and he was "right there", but my cervix was still long/closed. She suggested that I stop doing 5 mile runs (until August) so I am going to cut back mileage and split between running and walking. I think it is probably more a combo of the running/cleaning/2 kids/summer heat that happens on the weekends. She said the 3-4 an hour I'm getting is fine/normal for a third time mom, but if it goes up to 6-7 to stop everything and lie down/drink water and if they don't go away then to come in. I finally downloaded my contraction timing app! I feel like I'm going to have no idea when real labor begins!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• I had a growth u/s this afternoon.  The baby is estimated to be in the 40th percentile at 4 lbs 10 oz and could be between 6.5 and 7.5 lbs at full term.  It doesn't look like my carbohydrate/glucose intolerance will result in a large baby.  Everything looked good.  The baby didn't cooperate for pictures, but we'll meet him or her soon enough.  The baby was moving around a lot during the u/s and pushed back on the wand when the tech was pressing down.  It looks like I'll have another feisty one.  Eek.

Pregnancy brain was in full effect as I mentioned something about wanting a prescription for a pump to the woman taking my vitals, but by the time the doctor came in, it totally slipped my mind.  I go back in 2 weeks so hopefully I'll remember then.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • tova24tova24 member
    @donehue holy sh*t! You're still doing 5 mile runs? How? I can barely run a mile without my bladder screaming "you have to pee, pee right now!" I remember a couple years back there was a lady who finished the Chicago marathon when she was like 39 weeks. I give you props for just running! I'll applaud you while I am eating ice cream on the couch o:)
  • @tova24 I remember that lady too! That is not me! I run (very slow) one mile loops from a bathroom and repeat several times ;) I think heat is probably the biggest problem for all of us right now, but TX must be 100 times worse than MA. You are def protecting that baby by eating ice cream on that couch! 

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• tova24tova24 member
    @donehue I remember hearing that the lady who finished the Chicago marathon being that pregnant went into labor like 1 hour after finishing it! I can't even imagine!!! I ran Grandma's Marathon when I was 20 pounds heavier than my normal marathon weight, and I thought I was dying! Now I feel accomplished just waking up and getting dressed. 
  • 35+5 today and went for my appointment. Non-eventful. Heart rate was 136. The rest of my appointments are scheduled (only 3 left  :o)
  • I have to have 3 appointments a week starting next week!   Two nsts and a biophysical!    It seems like too much, but he already told me I won't go past 40 weeks so the end is in sight because I'm 36 and 4!
  • I had an OB appointment today, and despite having the same annoying OB as last time, it was better.  There was a second person there, who was either a mentor or someone evaluating her, becuase she seemed much more careful with her language (no more telling me my belly looked funny) and she listened to my concerns about USs.  I have a biophysical US tomorrow, and then depending on how it goes, I might refuse the rest of them.  If everything looks good, then I dont want to stress each week about another US.  Either way, the end is near! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • tova24tova24 member
    Had my 36w appointment. During the sono, Landon kept his arms in front of his face the whole time. Every time the tech would poke him with the prod, he would kick at her! He's measuring at 6 lb and 57 percentile. Also had the strepB test and HIV test. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!
  • Had my prenatal checkup today (currently 33+5). Everything was normal. My next one will be at 36 weeks and will include an ultrasound, Group B strep test, and they'll start to check my cervix. They also mentioned that they won't let me go past 41 weeks. I also thought it was interesting that if I wanted to be induced on my due date (or just before) that I could be. The doctor just mentioned that unless I was already somewhat dilated and effaced, that it might not be a great idea since it increases the risk for c-section. We'll just have to see the way things shake out but it's crazy that the time is getting nearer!