Baby Names

Needing feedback on girl names shortlist.

Hi all. 

I've posted before about being stuck on names for our soon to be arriving girl. I really cannot decide how I feel about these because they seem to be out of my usual style. List has changed slightly since last post with a few additions. Big sister is Rosalie. Last rhymes with line but starts with a K. Looking for feedback on name list please. 

1. Georgia- Love but seems plain next to big she's name. 

2. Magnolia- For some reason this is sticking with me. But seems odd with big sis being Rosalie. Too flowery?

3. Stella- Seems so common when I read name lists. Weird flow with big sis's name. 

4. Eloise- Feeling meh about it the more I think. 

5. Alice (Only name DH even partially likes but it's not love for me.) Really common here and plain compared to the rest on the list.

6. Penelope- Love how it flows with big sis's name. 
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Needing feedback on girl names shortlist.

• I like Alice the best of your list. I personally don't find it plain at all. 

1.Alice
    2. Eloise
    3. Penelope
    4. Magnolia
    5. Stella
    6. Georgia

Maybe Eloide or Elise feels fresher to you than Eloise? I also feel Margot would go well with Rosalie.
  • If you like Georgia the best (not sure if they are ranked?) you could always do Georgina which doesn't feel as plain. That or Magnolia gets my vote.
  • Loading the player...
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    I like Alice a lot.  Elise might be an option too.

With Rosalie I also like Penelope nn Penny.  

Suggesting:

Gabrielle
    Virginia
    Serena
    Francesca
    Beatice
    Fiona

• I don't think Georgia sounds plain at all. You could use one of its variants like Georgette, Georgiana, or pp's recommendation of Georgina.

I also like pp's suggestion of Elise if you're having a hard time getting behind Alice, though I think Alice does sound quite lovely with Rosalie, too. 

If Alice/Elise and Georgia/one of its variants end up being your top 2 frontrunners, I think they sound nice together in a first and middle name combo. Then you both could have your top picks included. 
  • Georgia is my favorite
    not a fan of most of the others
    IMO alice is a cold name and rosalie so pretty it doesnt go together at all
  • I don't mind Rosalie and Magnolia together at all. Do you use the NN Rose for big sister? Would you use the NN Maggie for Magnolia? Because Rose and Maggie sound lovely, and not at all too matchy when used together. 

Of all the female George variants, Georgiana is my favorite. You could use Giana as a NN option.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Georgia and Magnolia are my faves. I'm with queenbone all the way: Rose and Maggie are adorable!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • queenbone said:
    I don't mind Rosalie and Magnolia together at all. Do you use the NN Rose for big sister? Would you use the NN Maggie for Magnolia? Because Rose and Maggie sound lovely, and not at all too matchy when used together. 

Of all the female George variants, Georgiana is my favorite. You could use Giana as a NN option.
    Big sis does go by Rosie exclusively but I hadn't thought of Magnolia shortened. I love the idea of Maggie with Rosie. By far this is my favourite together. Thank you!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I like Georgia and don't think it's plain. Same with Alice! Eloise I really like but dislike all the "Ellie" nn's of the world. Don't really like Magnolia or Penelope. Stella I like but honestly it seems to be a big dog name :-/ 

you didnt ask ask for suggestions, so take them or leave them... :-)

Caroline, Sadie, Iris, Fiona, Lorelei, Aurelia, Calliope, Seraphina, Gemma 
  •  Magnolia and Penelope  are my favorite:)