August 2017 Moms

Birth Stories

Feel free to share your birth story here!

Note: I do not plan to have this post pinned. We have enough up there already. 

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Birth Stories

• @secicc12 despite being scary, it sounds like things went as smoothly as possible. I'm so glad! She's beautiful!
  • Loading the player...
  • @secicc12 congratulations!   She is beautiful and perfect!   You did a great job!!
  • @secicc12 such an incredible story. Love that it seems your body knew baby needed to come out since you'd already started progressing!! Glad you're both home and safe!! Thank you for sharing!!
  • @secicc12 a beautiful birth story for a beautiful baby girl and mom! Did your OB switch to the other hospital with you or did you have a new one? Hope you and DH are adjusting well!

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• lewlivlewliv member
    I loved reading your story. Thanks for sharing. Lily is a gorgeous girl and I'm proud of you!
  • @secicc12

Absolutely beautiful! Aside from a few minor details, your story sounds identical to my DD birth story....so much so, I almost forgot it wasn't my writing! So happy for you.
  • tova24tova24 member
    @secicc12 congratulations!!! She is absolutely stunning! I'm so happy everything went well and that Lily and you are home safe and sound. 
  • themrsthemrs member
    @secicc12 congratulations on your beautiful little girl!!
    H & I: Both 28
    Married: June 2015
    TTC #1: June 2016
    BFP: 11-24-16 ~ EDD 8-9-17
    IT'S A BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 So glad everything went so smoothly after Lily made her grand entrance! In your 2nd photo, she looks like she's planning to be a dancer  :)
  • @secicc12 that's such a beautiful birth story! Lily is too cute  <3
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Ahhh @secicc12 ... I loved reading that; I'm so so thrilled for you. Lily is just stunning!!  <3
  • Congrats @secicc12 she is beautiful! Glad everything went smoothly! 
  • EmyB30EmyB30 member
    She's absolutely beautiful. Looks like a little doll!! Glad that everyone was proactive and things went well for you!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations, @mrsw2017! It sounds like a crazy adventure, and I'm so glad you had such an attentive, caring team on your side!
  • Thank you so much @HappyToBeHere! I hope that you all have such a great team on your side as well!
  • @mrsw2017 wow!! What an adventure! Thank you for sharing! Hope that writing it out helps process it all, and know that it's still okay to feel all the feels about your birth! 
  • EmyB30EmyB30 member
    @mrsw2017  wow so glad baby is here and you both are doing well!!! Thanks for sharing! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats @secicc12 and @mrsw2012! So glad that your babies are both doing well! 
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• Congratulations @bwing10!! Glad you and baby are doing well :)
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    edited July 2017
  • @kathryn0903 I'm so glad all is well. That photo you posted in particular, the one with you and the baby staring into each other's eyes- it's too precious!! Feelin' the love! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • A lady in my last BMB had her baby at 31 weeks. He spent a little over 2 months on the NICU, and she said that statistically white baby boys (like hers) take the longest to graduate, whereas black baby girls tend to thrive the best in the NICU and have the shortest stays. I'm not sure where other demographics fall, but I thought that was interesting info!  
  • gwtw733gwtw733 member
    edited July 2017
    @PinkPrincessPiper Yes, they call it Wimpy White Boy Syndrome!

@smallbutmighty77 There's not a day when someone here doesn't call my girls feisty - I know I am in trouble when they get home!!
  • Wow, that is crazy! Do you know how far dilated you were when you started to push?
  • My water broke, an hour later I was in L&D, contractions got worse, delivered the baby an hour later after pushing 2x - DS.
    Contractions started at 10am, by 11:30, I was in L&D, delivered the baby 20 min later - DD.
    Easy peasy.
  • LeA2017! said:
    Wow, that is crazy! Do you know how far dilated you were when you started to push?
    Not really. One of the nurses had checked me but for some reason was having a hard time telling she said I was an 8 (I'm pretty sure I was complete and she was just wrong)...and then they were waiting for the doctor to come confirm but the sensation was just so overwhelming. Even though they kept telling me not to push, I knew my body was doing the right thing because it felt "right." And it did not matter how much I tried, I could not stop the urge. I knew that my body knew what it was supposed to do. They were just concerned because nobody could find the doctor (right during shift change). By the time they found her I was delivering the placenta and a midwife had jumped in to help. 

• @mokay19 wow, that was a fast delivery! And you make it sound so easy too. Glad it went so well for you. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker