November 2017 Moms
Options

Still Breastfeeding? How are we doing?

We had a thread about this ages ago bUT it's buried now.  Those who were planning on weaning, how's that going? Those still going, how's your supply keeping up? Any discomfort or nursing aversion?

Re: Still Breastfeeding? How are we doing?

• Options
    av2323av2323 member
    We don't have our babies yet....

• Options
    There was a thread at the beginning about STM+ who are pregnant and bf a toddler/older infant. Apologies, should have been more specific 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    av2323av2323 member
    Ah, that makes more sense :)
  • Options
    I never saw the first thread, but I weaned about 6-8 weeks ago when she was 28 months. It was becoming too painful and I feel bad saying this, but it was getting kind of annoying. It was easier to wean than I expected but she will still ask to nurse every now and then. 
  • Options
    @littlemissc17 that's how I got, I just developed a major aversion to it. We were already working on weaning when I got pregnant but it sealed the deal. 
  • Options
    I wasn't nursing when I got pregnant but I also felt the aversions when we weaned a couple of years ago.  He was two.  Isn't that such a weird feeling?  I loved nursing and NEVER would've thought it would start causing me anxiety and aversions.

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @BayCamp congratulations on weaning. Goodo work following through! So cute that he still says hi to his friends. @littlemissc17 don't feel bad admitting it got annoying, it's 100% normal especially during pregnancy. We were doing well with weaning but then my toddler had a bad run of getting sick and weaning plans went out the window. I'm debating getting back on the wagon or just leaving him to it. My aversion isn't as bad as it was in early pregnancy.
  • Options
    @Jsmith8484 I also thought it was so cute what @BayCamp said about her little boy and I was going to say that but was like, ooh that may sound creepy. Haha!