October 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 7/10

Image result for random gif

Because we all need a little dancing/flailing Handsome Squidward in our lives this morning. 

I was advised yesterday by my MIL that she and DH's stepdad are getting me the travel system. Probably this coming Sunday. *Insert happy tears* Oh and his grandma is getting me the PNP. That's already two major things down and it's another month before my shower. I cannot even with all the gratitude feels. 
Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
Married 9/27/2014
TTC Since 1/1/2017
BFP: 2/6/2017
Due Date: 10/13/17
pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/10

• Totaly feel you @feeislove on the gratitude thing. MIL recently closed her daycare for good and has spoiled us with : the bed, the changing table, the baby chair, the nusical station, and looots of other stuff. She wanted to buy us the travel system, but we did find one on CL used 3 months for 150$. So she offered to pay for our babys circumcision (300$). 
    Overwhelmed with gratitude feelz!! 
  • melarowanmelarowan member
    edited July 2017
    @feeislove That's so awesome! <3  I know how yow are feeling.  My sister told me that in addition to the expensive hypnobirthing class she's gifted me, she'll be setting up and organizing my nursery after the shower. Organization is a minor challenge for me normally, and a major challenge lately with my mobility limitations (my back, hips and legs are pretty f-ed up and can't be fixed until after pregnancy).
     The tears of gratitude... so much.

ETA: my sister's sister-in-law found out she's having a girl in January, so is gifting me all the hand-me-down boy things she has. happy tears x2.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @feeislove @yasandson FREEEEEEEE stufffff <3  

@melarowan With mobility limitations, the relief that comes with practical help like that is tremendous. I hope that there are many more such surprises as you come closer to meeting your babe and beyond.

Our friends are kinda deadbeats so no windfall of stuff for us. I'm not close to my family (physically or emotionally) but DH's family aren't too far away. My MIL sent DH a t-shirt with a matching onesie for baby. She's amazing; DH has never ever mentioned how much he wants to wear matching clothes with this kid so I have no idea how she managed to pick that out. She's also refurbishing her nursery glider for us, which I found very touching. We're borrowing a swing and bassinet from the literally one couple we know who have a baby and the rest is on us. We're almost done buying and setting up. We didn't want to wait as our cats are needy and change is obviously very stressful. No interest whatsoever in the crib on their end.

On a non-baby note: we ran into one of the lead singers from a favourite band of ours at the inn we stayed at this weekend! They're pretty successful in Canada, and do tour elsewhere, but not super famous or anything. He was in town to put on his one man play, which we'd already seen in its first run in Toronto. He was a gracious angel and it was really wonderful to be able to tell such a hardworking guy how much his art means to both of us. <3 Babymoon was relaxing and one day is the exact right amount of time for me to be away from home. 

Friends are coming for dinner tonight and I plan to bbq a pile of vegetables, and tofu, buy dessert and send them home early because going to sleep is the best part of the day.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• @tyannej my mom has a concoction that works well.  Soak garlic cloves in olive oil, then apply the oil to them hemorrhoid. The longer you can soak the garlic the better! Hope it helps. 
  • Speaking of which....
    *GROS TMI (NO PIC LOL)* Ive got a dumb question. What do hemorrhoids feel like? Is it something you can see or is it inside? I saw a tiny drop of blood in panties and been sore there for about two days... But thought maybe i cut myself while shaving... 
    Thought id ask you ladies before i ask H to have a look... 
  • My random is the pregnancy gas. Omg the gas.
  • @yasandson they can be either internal or external. The internal ones you won't really feel most of the time unless you are going to the bathroom. If it's external you can see it. If you are brave, you can Google pictures lol. 
  • Our first big purchase for the baby? A new washing machine... no fun. BUT I did check my registry and saw that someone bought our stroller, pack n play, and nursing bras! 

@tyannej so sorry about your pain! I have no tips but I'm hoping you find some relief! 
  • @tyannej my doctor actually prescribed suppositories for me. I used most of them but stopped because I wasn't really pooping I and ain't about that life. 
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My doctor is wanting me to come in tomorrow and look at it, they aren't sure it's really a hemmorhoid, because it's more irritated and there's more pressure on my vaginal area and then bump that I thought was a hemmorhoid is on my pernieum area. I'll keep y'all posted on it. This is seriously the most uncomfortable I've been this whole pregnancy. 
  • @tyannej that sounds like something my sister had, called a bartholin gland. She said it made it really hard to walk. Hope you get some relief soon! 
  • I'll have to look that up! Thank you, I hope so too!
  • @tyannej yikes! That does sound uncomfortable. Please keep us posted. 

I'm supposed to be vacuuming and tackling the dishes situation in the kitchen but I've been procrastinating all morning. I'm going to my parents' house later to go for a swim in their pool because it's been really hot lately. I should get this all done before I leave. Will I though?
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay for relief @tyannej!!! 
  • @tyannej Ooof, I'm sorry. DH has bad flareups sometimes. Are you using a squatty potty or a bidet at all? My friend had bad hemorrhoids in her pregnancy from early on and kept them under control with that combo of toilet helpers. You can get a little inexpensive bidet attachment for your toilet (suppose that wouldn't help at work eh).

@yasandson No internal work at the physiotherapist so no Kegels tips. But I can say it was tremendously helpful for my joint pain. My left pelvic bone is currently higher and tilted forward so we did some work on that which has made it possible for me to walk again. I'm combining her treatments with a specialized massage to work out the tension from walking on my wonky joints and hope to be able to reduce my pain further. FX we cover Kegels next time!

Afm, I woke up weepy and have cried at least five times today for no apparent reason other than hunger. It is absolutely effing delightful to be me today. My pregnancy has been smooth sailing emotionally and I'm not a moody person so I've been totally thrown for a loop the couple other days I've had like this.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• @reneeannemm im a very sensitive person. Not moody, but i do cry very easily (someone i love/care for raises their voice at me, or if i watch the news and something terrible happened.... Which i dont anymore lol) so ive had loooots of those weepy days since the begining of this pregnancy, as my über sensitive person got worst lol. Really hoping i go back to "normal" after giving birth! 
  • @yasandson Oh yeah don't get me wrong; I'm extremely sensitive - it's why I left the board - but I'm not usually a crier; I curl up and writhe in pain from anxiety, which usually related to an empathetic response to someone. It's exhausting. I guess I've been very protective of myself in pregnancy and pretty isolated since I'm too tired to socialize, read or interact with most anything/anyone in the world. I hope you get to go back to normal, too! It's not any fun feeling out of control emotionally.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• We had a mouse a couple of weeks ago. DH put out glue traps for it. THE CAT STEPS ON THE DAMN GLUE TRAP. So she starts running around the room with this thing stuck to her. I finally get a hold of her and have to grab her by the scruff of the neck to keep her still so I can get it off. Some more scruff-grabbing and vegetable oil and she's fine. But then the dog spooks himself while eating and dog food goes everywhere. 

I was reading some people's reaction to the glucose drink and now I'm nervous about it. DH is coming with me to the appointment but I still do NOT want to pass out. 
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @feeislove dont be nervous. Its really not as bad as people describe it. Went veeeery smoothly for me! A woman even vomitted hers in from of me, and i didnt budge. Deep breaths :) 
    Finhers crossed for good results for u 
  • @feeislove I was nervous because of the horror stories of the glucose drink too! I had it yesterday and it was totally not a big deal. It was like drinking flat orange crush at a kid's birthday party then sitting for an hour, haha. Really not all it's made out to be (at least for me). I hope it goes well for you!
  • @feeislove I did the same thing. And I had a couple of my pregnant friend fail their 1 hour so I was sort of panicky. But I downed the drink in less than 3 minutes and it was super sweet but not bad, I passed with flying colors and about an hour after I got super shaky from all the sugar but I was fine. Good luck!