January 2018 Moms

Names

Re: Names

• @GraceUponGrace09 ahh man. Now I sound like a total jerk. I don't mind the name, it just sounds dated. But whatever. It'll work. haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supercoolstephy No, not a jerk! It actually made me lol! I completely agree with you; I'd never want to name my daughter after myself!  ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • @britmanering73 If I didn't have a close friend named Sloane, that would absolutely be my girl's name!
  • @GraceUponGrace09 and @britmanering73, DD is Wren! I was SO surprised that DH went for it because he's super traditional, but he loved it from the moment I suggested it, and we never even considered any other girl names. I better be having a boy this time because I don't know if I can come up with another girl name!
    I totally like Sparrow, @Cricket99!!
  • I'm having a difficult time as well.

Boy: a done deal and after my SO, Robert Charles and I'm okay with that. I think the nickname Bobby is great. It was also ironically the name of my brother that passed away at 6.5 from congenital heart disease so it has meaning for me as well. 

Girl: here's the hard part. SO and I went on our first trip together to the Finger Lakes and stayed in a town named Aurora. It was there that we decided our first daughter would be Aurora. Thought I was so out of the box with that and now bam! It seems like it is everywhere. He still loves the name and so do I but I am torn. 

Ugh I guess there's still time to decide lol. 
  • steph30032steph30032 member
    edited July 2017
  • steph30032steph30032 member
    edited July 2017
    @caeilievalor Jackson is a super popular name now. I believe it's in the top 5 for 2016 and has been in the top 10 for like 4 years now. A different variation of the name however, that is less popular would be Jaxon. It's pronounced the same, but the baby could have the nickname Jax or still just Jack. Something to consider. I prefer the traditional spelling of Jackson, but DH's cousin has a son named Jaxon so neither name will ever be an option for us. 
  • Thanks everyone for the advice! Ugh, I never realized how hard it would be to give someone their name, haha! Here are the ones I'm currently looking at:

Oliver Stephen
    Maxwell Stephen
    Franklin Stephen
    Finley Stephen

DH likes the first two and I'm leaning towards Maxwell. We may just wait to meet the little one and see what he seems to like. Has anyone tried this?

And yes, @steph and @Eags I think Jackson is getting too popular for me. 

@missblaze We definitely have similar styles!!!
  • @caeilievalor I think Franklin is a cool name!  I like really masculine names for boys but I also like some more feminine sounding names for boys too.  Like I like the name Stanley. I won't use it but I just like how masculine it is. 

Also chiming in to say Sparrow is cool but I love the name Wren too.  I will probably consider it for this baby too. We haven't even discussed names yet. I'll probably try to wait until we know the sex.  About unusual nature names, for our last baby my husband wanted on the list for a boy Oak and Cedar.  I didn't hate them but those names don't really match the rest of our names. 
  • @trudytudy it's funny you say those two names because we ended up naming DS Cedar and I absolutely cannot see him as anything else. It fits him so perfectly. 

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on Sparrow. I think it goes so well with Cedar. Unfortunately DH has declared that he does not like it for some reason he cannot explain (I told him "just because" is not a valid reason). I'm keeping it on the list and hopefully it will grow on him! He didn't like Cedar at first either and that's what we ended up with!
  • This thread is giving me the think about it itch. Our daughters name is Lorelei and we picked it bc it was so unique. I'd like another unique name for baby number 2. 

We havent came up with ANY girl names, it feels like it will be hard to come up with a name we love that much. 

Boys: We both like Rowan. He likes Magnus.  :s
    I also like Elias.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is Chase Michael and I absolutely adore his name. It took a long time to agree on something last time but this time we've already narrowed down our list!

Boy: Evan Joseph or Nate Joseph (Joseph is my dad's name)
    Girl: Mila Belle or Brielle (MN TBD...open to suggestions!)
  • ryannenikoleryannenikole member
    edited July 2017
    DH is set on Jack and has been for years (we were TTC for almost 6 years!) and as soon as I got the BFP he said "it's Jack!" Lol. And he was right! We're having a boy! So it'll be Jackson, but he'll go by Jack. I just need to pick a middle name because DH said if I like it, he likes it. Lol. He did veto almost my whole list of TV character names though.  :D

Also, I insist that my son go by his name and not by his initials. My ILs mentioned JD as soon as DH told them about the first name and how DH's uncle goes by JD to some of his friends. No. I'm not a fan. 
  • Having a terrible time with names. We are having a boy and I'm mourning the loss of the girl name I had picked out. Our daughter is Aislinn, it's Irish and we'd like to stick to a Gaelic name (we are Scottish and Irish background with an Irish list name). Middle name needs to be Colin or McLeod (DHs deceased grandfather). Last name also starts with C. 

I like: Kieran, Fraser, Lennon, Ellis and Cullen. But I dont LOVE any of them like I loved DDs name. DH is fairly uninterested in the discussion and says it's too early to talk about seriously. He suggested: Tyrone. NOPE. And I have a horse named Ty. 
  • valeriee03valeriee03 member
    edited July 2017
    Ha, we are doing the Irish/Scottish route too to represent our back grounds and our last name starts with a scottish last name starting with a C :)  We have 2 boys already Heath & Grady but we're struggle this time.  I had a 3rd boy name figured out, Reid but we just found out we're having a girl and i'm completely at a loss.  Good LUCK!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jaclyn0405 I seriously LOVE the name Aurora. Sleeping Beauty was one of my favorite Disney movies as a child and would definitely name a daughter after it. 

@WildMagelet Your post made me tear up because my Nana's name was Evelyn and my mom's name is Margaret (darn pregnancy hormones). Love those together.

The names that we have picked out:

Boy: Corbin Nolan or Corbin Parker -- Corbin from The Fifth Element (one of DH and I's fav movies)

Girl: Averie Rey or Averie Belle -- Rey from Star Wars: The Force Awakens (another fav movie)

DH and I are nerds. Honestly we were debating on some Game of Thrones names. 

Me: 34 | DH: 32
    Married: May 2015
    DS: 12/17
    BFP#2: 12/26, EDD#2: 9/5

• I've been stalking this board so hard. I have no idea on names. We won't be finding out what we are having this time around and I think it's making it hard for me. DD is Adalynne Jane.  At least there's still time!  :)
  • That moment when you realize DH is not gonna change his mind about the name you love but he hates ☹️
  • We have had Declan picked out since before DD was born. I like it because a) it's Irish and b) it means "man of prayer" which is meaningful to us.

My girl names for this time around were:
    Annabelle 
    Nora
    Cara
    Claire
    Caroline 
  • @valeriee03 the Scottish girl name I had picked for this time around was Marsali. I also love Fiona. Boys names are way harder. I like Heath, that's a nice one! Good luck in your search!
  • @valeriee03 my friend has a daughter named Isla Grace and she gets compliments on her name all of the time.

+1 for the Aurora fan club! Although I couldn't say my "r"s easily when I was little so that would have been a toughie for me! Haha.

@steph30032 gah! Sorry to hear that. DH hasn't vetoed my name but won't agree, either, and that's already frustrating me! 

• We like u ique names so to speak and it was important that our kids like the names to. However we are all hoping for a girl

Boy name was easily picked we chose Emmett Michael. Michael is my fiancée and its my favorite brothers middle name. 

Girl names are a bit harder bc we are rhyming them bc my name is samantha. My step daughters names are kayla who is 18 and Aleah who is 12 and her bff who we say is my adopted daughter name is Gena.
    And mae bc it was his late mothers middle name
    Two choices

Arabella Mae (bell, bella)
    Ariella Mae ( ari, elle, ella)

• @FireLily0 and @libbberty thanks ladies! We are still so in love with the name and I have a gut feeling baby is a girl!

And @libbberty I am cracking up! Never thought of the r's! We will practice if need be lol!
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    @RC1014 I love the name Declan. My nephew's name is Declan. 
  • Girl: Pearl Marie
    Boy: Henry Robert (subject to change)
  •  I'm pregnant with my third girl, my first two are Camille Rose and Georgia Faith.  I love old names! My choice for this girl is Harriet (Hattie, Ettie, Etta for nns) Mae. I am in love and felt so decided. Then I told a few people and almost everyone HATES it. I honestly don't care except for the fact I don't want my daughter to have to deal with a name that is so hated.  I still am leaning towards it, but it just put a little of a bad taste in my mouth :| .
  • 3xmomma86 said:
     I'm pregnant with my third girl, my first two are Camille Rose and Georgia Faith.  I love old names! My choice for this girl is Harriet (Hattie, Ettie, Etta for nns) Mae. I am in love and felt so decided. Then I told a few people and almost everyone HATES it. I honestly don't care except for the fact I don't want my daughter to have to deal with a name that is so hated.  I still am leaning towards it, but it just put a little of a bad taste in my mouth :| .
    I like it and your opinion is what matters. 
  • clc515clc515 member
    3xmomma86 said:
     I'm pregnant with my third girl, my first two are Camille Rose and Georgia Faith.  I love old names! My choice for this girl is Harriet (Hattie, Ettie, Etta for nns) Mae. I am in love and felt so decided. Then I told a few people and almost everyone HATES it. I honestly don't care except for the fact I don't want my daughter to have to deal with a name that is so hated.  I still am leaning towards it, but it just put a little of a bad taste in my mouth :| .
    I looooove the name Camille. DH vetoed it though :-(
    Harriet is pretty with great nicknames, so go for it! 
  • Girl: I think I really like Tegan/Teagan (not sure which way i'd spell it?) and Norah.  I'm torn.  Thoughts?

@libbberty we have Isla Maeve on a short list, i showed a coworker the name and his response was "oh i like the name Is-la". It kind of put a hold on it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @missblaze you know my love for Lorelei. I love that middle name. DH wanted to do his mothers name, Deborah, but now that we know it's a girl he's not so sure. I tried to give him the middle names of both Lorelai and Rory from Gilmore Girls (because ultimately thats who she's being named after) but he's not down with them. So I don't know now. haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @valeriee03 there are few words to express how much I love the name Maeve! 

Also love the name Faye if that opens any doors for you.

my DH is german, which unfortunately means some of my faves are no gos. If it doesn't sound good in both languages or a german wouldn't be able to pronounce it properly, it's out :( we are really having a challenge with boys' names (team green).
  • @valeriee03 I love both of those names! I had Norah on my list with DS, because it's a family name on my mom's side. Might have to float it again if this one is a girl...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• vjraabvjraab member
    @3xmomma86 I love the older names too. With DD I wanted to name her Camille, but DH wasn't a fan. We agreed on Ava.  I love Hattie!

We are thinking Elle for this baby, assuming it's a girl, but I'm having trouble coming up with a middle name. Our last name is one syllable too, so any suggestions?
  • clc515clc515 member
    @vjraab
    Elle Mackenzie popped into my head right away haha.
    Elle Charlotte
    Elle Harper
    Elle Victoria... 

Just throwing out classic names haha!
  • vjraabvjraab member
    I like Elle Mackenzie and Charlotte! I'll have to see what DH thinks. 
  • @vjraab

This is hard now that I am thinking of it, I would think you would need a longer middle maybe?

Elle Charlotte is pretty!

Elle Corinne

Elle Beatrice

Elle Genevieve

Elle Catherine

Elle Juliet

Elle Susanne

Elle Florence (I love the name Florence but my husband HATES it so I think I just want someone to use it :D )

I'll keep thinking! I like Elle, it's pretty!

• trudytudy said:
    @caeilievalor I think Franklin is a cool name!  I like really masculine names for boys but I also like some more feminine sounding names for boys too.  Like I like the name Stanley. I won't use it but I just like how masculine it is. 
    Growing up we had two black cats named Franklin and Stanley. Both named by my brother. You guys have similar taste!
  • Ours are Landon Nicholas and Mallory Marie
    Pregnancy Ticker