Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

4 month old has hard time sleeping at night

My son is almost 5 months old hates sleeping in his crib. He will only do it for maybe a couple hours cause for one thing, he is a light sleeper and also he wiggles sooo much when sleeping. The only way i get a good stretch of sleep is to have him in the bed but again, he moves and kicks a lot. I dont know what to do. In the crib he cries, screams and scoots all over the place and in the bed, i have to have my arm around him so he doesnt flail around. Any advice so that we both can get good sleep?

Re: 4 month old has hard time sleeping at night

• Options
    Dcm43Dcm43 member
    We have used the baby Merlin magic sleep suit! It has helped the transition to the crib so easy! I had my little girl taking all her naps in the crib, just to get her used to it...I also put her to bed tired but awake- this helps her learn to fall asleep on her own, even during the middle of the night. I've noticed that even if she wakes up and fusses a bit- she gets herself back to sleep.

it could also be a growth spurt! Keep in mind little ones have to learn to be good sleepers, and eventually they will get it!

i hope this helps, even a little bit!!

Baby Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit Cotton - Cream - 3-6 months https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KHZPH74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_inFXybZW9EM57
  • Options
    I used the baby Merlin sleep suit with my first. It did wonders, in retrospect, I realized that it constructed any type of movement a lot!!! I think it may have affected him in his motor skills (that's just my personal opinion). With my second, we are using the zipadee zip
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers