1st Trimester

Threatened mc

So really might sporting last Friday nite turned to mild bleeding on sunday. It got better and nearly disappeared sat, then came back worse Sunday afternoon/evening. Mom morning it seemed better, then I want to work conference and it was bad again. I'm not bleeding thru oads, and i passed only one tiny bright red clot, but I went to urgent care, who sent me to the ER. I'm only 5 wk. They did bloodwork, an ultrasound, and checked cervix, and day everything looks fine, but they don't know why there's bleeding. I have my first offical obgyn appt tomorrow. When I came back from hospital, there's still bleeding and had some "debris" pads. Looked like old tissue.... mostly brown, nothing red. (Sorry if tmi) I'M just super nervous,esp since it's out first pregnancy.

Has anyone had this happen and still had a healthy pregnancy?

TIA!

Re: Threatened mc

• So really might sporting last Friday nite turned to mild bleeding on sunday. It got better and nearly disappeared sat, then came back worse Sunday afternoon/evening. Mom morning it seemed better, then I want to work conference and it was bad again. I'm not bleeding thru oads, and i passed only one tiny bright red clot, but I went to urgent care, who sent me to the ER. I'm only 5 wk. They did bloodwork, an ultrasound, and checked cervix, and day everything looks fine, but they don't know why there's bleeding. I have my first offical obgyn appt tomorrow. When I came back from hospital, there's still bleeding and had some "debris" pads. Looked like old tissue.... mostly brown, nothing red. (Sorry if tmi) I'M just super nervous,esp since it's out first pregnancy.

Has anyone had this happen and still had a healthy pregnancy?

TIA!
    Probably not what you want to hear, but just see what your Ob/Gyn says tomorrow.  ER doctors tend to diagnose bleeding similar to your situation as "threatened miscarrage" as they are not specialized in pregnancy.  It's almost a blanket diagnosis if it can't specifically be explained.  

Things might be ok, they may not. Each case, person and pregnancy is unique and the best answer or plan of action you will get is at your appointment, with a specialized doctor who deals with this all the time.  
  • Hoping everything goes well for you with your OB apointment. Sending good vibes and prayers your way
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks. Everything is crossed for this afternoon.
  • Any update?
    Thanks for checking in. Theres a sort of update... want in and they said my hormone levels were in the right range, but they did an intravaginal ultrasound. Unfortunately, the tech had to go get the ob, because apparently my uterus is longer and retroverted, so they couldn't see much. I'm supposed to go back on Thursday for another ultrasound because the ob says by then baby should be big enough to see. She said she didn't feel the need for a serial hormone test, and I'm trying to stay calm and pray for the best. There's still been a little bleeding, but it's better.
  • Oh wow!  So Thursday!  That was today... were they able to see anything more today?
  • Sorry - has some issues with the app! Thankfully, they did another internal ultrasound and the sac showed up right away. She saw fluid, yolk, and after a lot of maneuvering, we did see a fetal pole and heartbeat! It was 102bpm, and when she measured everything she said I was only 6weeks and 1 day - a week earlier than they thought. There did appear to be a subchronic bleed too, but no one seemed concerned and they told me is be fine until the next appt on the 19th. Whew! I'm still taking it easy, just in case, but I feel so much better since we saw a heartbeat!
  • Sorry - has some issues with the app! Thankfully, they did another internal ultrasound and the sac showed up right away. She saw fluid, yolk, and after a lot of maneuvering, we did see a fetal pole and heartbeat! It was 102bpm, and when she measured everything she said I was only 6weeks and 1 day - a week earlier than they thought. There did appear to be a subchronic bleed too, but no one seemed concerned and they told me is be fine until the next appt on the 19th. Whew! I'm still taking it easy, just in case, but I feel so much better since we saw a heartbeat!
    Glad to hear everything looked good and that you can breathe a sigh of relief!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker