Infertility
Options

Amh suddenly low ?

Hey ladies I had my amh measured in 2015 and it was 3.02. I was 33 at the time. Now two weeks ago I had it measures at 1.0!!!! Does this sound normal ?? I'm freaking out. We just finished our egg retrivel and had 10 eggs that fertilized. 
Google isn't helping me lolll 

Re: Amh suddenly low ?

• Options
    I went to the doctor in February 2016, my AMH was 0.68. In November 2016 it was 0.48. So it can drop dramatically especially if you are getting near those 13 years before menopause...
    DOR (FSH 13, AMH 0.48, AFC 6-9)
    IVF #1 -2016 March, antagonist, 5 eggs, 2 fertilized, 3DT - 8 cell and 6 cell no frag, chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 - 2016 June, micro dose lupron, 3 eggs, 1 fertilized, 3DT 6 cell, BFN
    IVF #3 - 2016 November, estrogen priming + antagonist, 9 follicles, 3 eggs, none fertilized
    IVF #4 - 2017 March, testosterone priming + micro dose lupron, 2 eggs, none fertilized
    IVF #5 - 2017 May, A/ACP protocol, 4 follicles out of 7 seemed to get to required size, ovulated before retrieval, converted into IUI - BFN
    IVF #6 - 2017 July, A/ACP protocol, 3 follicles one stopped growing, LH rising, converted to IUI - BFN
    IVF #7 - 2017 September, antagonist, 5 follicles, 6 eggs,  3 immature, 3 injected, 1 fertilized, stopped growing day 3
  • Options
    I just went crazy online. I actually checked my lab work and my vitsmin d is very low. They say sometimes a low vitamin d can give a false low amh have you heard this ? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SP128SP128 member
    @sarajasonivf  Hmmm no I haven't but will google that now.  I have low vitamin d and started taking supplements per my REs recommendation.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    A few case studies where women took 50,000iu weekly saw major improvements. 
  • Options
    It doesn't make sense for my Antral count that has stayed the same and then all of a sudden my vitsmin d went down. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about the AMH value if you currently have a decent AFC.  If you were able to get 10 fertilized eggs, then that's pretty good.  That said, if this is your attempt to get baby #1 and if you want more kids in the future, you might start thinking about banking embryos now.  

I had my first AMH test in 2015, was also diagnosed with low vitamin d. A year later I remeasured and got pretty much the same AMH value. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    Thank you ! I guess I'm just going to ignore it and bank those them embryos. :) this is our first. Trying to load on up on vitamin d meanwhile too. That's good news though that your amh didn't change though ? My re said " a year in the fertility world is huge " 
  • Options
    Just be careful. With the vitamin D.  You doctor should be making a recommendation for how they want you to supplement if it is clinically low. I wouldn't advise taking more than 2000iu daily without the express recommendation of your doctor.