Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat - July 2

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

Feel free to add to this post through out the week!

What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 

Random thoughts?

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why?

Re: Weekly Chat - July 2

• I can't believe it is July!! Where did June go?!? Also, I am loving all these cute pets in the siggies :)

What are you looking forward to this week? Relaxing :)

What are you dreading? Working on and finishing a project for grad school, potty training DS, and I need to do a round of closet cleaning :(

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? See above

Random thoughts? I am feeling conflicted. On one hand I am glad that June went by so fast and I hope that July does too because it will be August at the latest that I'm TTC. On the other hand, August also means summer break is over  :'( 

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? This is a tough one. I really like summer because I get to play instead of work but it is so darn hot! So I think I am going to say fall better - cooler weather, (when I used to live farther north) fall leaves and the beginning of so many fun holidays :)
  • ChloandCocoChloandCoco member
    edited July 2017
    It really feels like June just flew by! July will probably go by slower because we don't have anything planned on the weekends. 

@glitzandglitter - You are getting so close to TTC! 

What are you looking forward to this week? Tomorrow is a holiday which means it's a 4 day work week! 

What are you dreading? Work. It's great that it's going to be busy, but the project already has issues so it will be a little bit harder to deliver it in a week. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I want to finish organizing DD's bedroom and bathroom. 

Random thoughts? I'm going for bloodwork on Tuesday and I'm really hoping to have my hcg level below 10. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? Fall. I can wear cute boots and sweaters. It also means that it's getting close to Christmas. 

Edit * Formatting and it won't let me change the last paragraph on mobile *
  • Loading the player...
  • I also can't believe this year is half over already!

@glitzandglitter I'm so excited for you, that you're so close! I have no advice for the potty training, but good luck with the closet. I keep trying to get DH to go through his side of the closet and it's such a chore even to just talk to him about it.

@ChloandCoco Yay for a four day work week! I hope the issues with the project get sorted out easily. When will you get the results of your bloodwork?

What are you looking forward to this week? I have to call HR. Again. I'm not sure when I'm supposed to get my training schedule and the transfer is effective a week from today, so... Kinda need to know. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see if they're there; if not, I'll call on Wednesday.

What are you dreading? I need to get that schedule because (aside from the obvious), I have an OBGYN appointment coming up on the 25th. I need to find out if I'm scheduled that day or if I'm able to request it off, or if I have to reschedule. Which would mean pushing it into August or September. The office I chose is very popular, so I actually booked this appointment back in MAY.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I'd like to do a little cleaning before I go back to work. There isn't much left, thanks to doing it bit by bit.

Random thoughts? I was able to get the book I wanted last week! I finished it in one night, and it was a really good read.

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? I love fall. We don't get much fall here in Florida, but I love that whole season. Spring is too damn, summer is too hot, and I hated winters up north. Plus, fall has Halloween and Thanksgiving.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @ChloandCoco - I hope your blood work goes well.
    @dreamscapes_ I am with you! I have been trying to get DH to clean out his dresser and side of the closet for over a year. No luck yet :( FX that your schedule doesn't interfere with your appointment.
  • @ChloandCoco GOOD LUCK!!! I hope you're body is ready and you can soon TTC
    @dreamscapes_ What book ?
    @glitzandglitter I've been having the same problem with DS room and getting it "orgainized" It's really to small to do much of anything with.  I've quite trying to orgainize it now and am just waiting util DSS is gone to college and we can move DS over to his room and DS room will be the nursery hopefully. 

What are you looking forward to this week? July 4th get together/BBQ at my BIL's shop, yes a day early :). Always good food and good company and generally good fireworks. Also hoping to have pool time tomorrow.

What are you dreading? I probably won't get to stay for the fireworks tomorrow because DS is really sensitive to loud sounds. We're talking he got so nervous about the hand mixer he puked. But DH really wants to try and see how he does. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I'm sounding like a broken  record here. We really need to finish the last of the painting for the playroom downstairs but stuff keeps coming up. We are determined tomorrow and Tuesday to just get it done. 

Random thoughts?One of my sons favorite books is missing and I hope we didn't leave it somewhere when we were on vacation. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? I can't pick one I have something I love and hate about every season. Fall is probably my favorite if I have to chose. 

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @glitzandglitter My DH has some mild hoarding tendencies that I'm trying to work with him on, so it's difficult for him to part with ANYTHING. He still has essays he wrote back in college over a decade ago. I'm hoping that if I am scheduled the day of the appointment, I can get them to switch the schedule, since I booked the appointment two months ago.

@kindbytealikat Believe Me, by Eddie Izzard. He's my favorite comedian ever and it's his autobiography. I think he's fantastic. Is there somewhere for your DS to go if he can't handle the noise during the fireworks? Hopefully you'll find the book, though! Maybe it's just tucked away somewhere.
  • @dreamscapes_ Maybe? Idk yet if my sister is planning on having the RV out there like she did last year for the kids who aren't a fan of FWs I haven't asked. I may see if DH will go in there with him if it is b/c I don't trust that he wouldn't still be nervous without one of us b/c you'll still clearly be able to hear them in there. 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• izza2izza2 member
    @glitzandglitter - I'm on the same page about how quick June went! I'm hoping July flies by so we can get the train on the tracks, but it also means we're so much closer to winter. :neutral:
    @ChloandCoco - Keeping everything crossed that your BW results are below 10. *hugs*

What are you looking forward to this week? Last week of my micro class, and then I get to actually work FT hours again ($$$) and enjoy my time off instead of worrying about homework.

What are you dreading? Rain and finals.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Clean the floors and catch up on laundry.

Random thoughts? I'm so exhausted this morning and I have no idea why. I slept 8+ hours, didn't wake up in the middle of the night, and took my benadryl at my normal time. I'm thinking AF is going to arrive a day sooner than expected.

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why? Usually fall, because the turning of the leaves is absolutely gorgeous. But now-a-days I lean toward spring, because that's equally as gorgeous, and means summer is coming.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @kindbytealikat - Have you tried noise canceling earphones? Maybe that would help.
    @izza2 - I hate when I wake up still tired :( especially when it's for no reason. I am thinking/hoping July will go by quickly. I think it will because grad school will keep me busy and summer break always goes by quickly. Hopefully it is the same for you!
  • @izza2 Good Luck with finals!!! You got this!
    @glitzandglitter I have not tried earphones I didn't even think about that honestly, good idea

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• KFrobKFrob member
    What are you looking forward to this week?  Besides getting out of work early today and having tomorrow off, nothing really.

What are you dreading? Same, I guess it's going to be a boring week!

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I would like to get in three workouts this week.  I can't seem to get a consistent schedule going.  The babe will be 18 months week and excess "Harper home" that still exists needs to be gone!    

Random thoughts?  The end of last week I gave DD my blush brush while I was getting ready for work and doing my makeup since she likes to pretend with it.  In the matter of seconds she made it disappear.  DH and I have looked EVERYWHERE and it's just gone.  It was a good one from MAC too :(.  Also, a few months ago DH asked if he could play in a lacrosse tournament in NY (we're in CT) without me, DD, and SD coming (we all went last year and it was a nightmare for me).  Part of the deal was that before he left he'd put a baby in me.  Well, we are a month away and its not going to happen. I just feel really disappointed in myself for getting my hopes up and thinking it was realistic for us to start trying.  At this point I feel like we don't even have a time line.       

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why?  Fall!  I'm with @ChloandCoco and I can't wait to get back into boots and sweaters plus snuggles on the couch with a blanket!  I love the leaves turning and Thanksgiving.  It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!  
  • @KFrob - I'm sorry -  that is so frustrating to feel like you don't have a timeline :(
  • @kindbytealikat I was going to suggest headphones and forgot, but I see @glitzandglitter did!

@izza2 I hope this last week of class goes by quickly! I pretty much always wake up tired. Dunno why.

@KFrob Hopefully you'll find your brush! I'm sorry that you feel you don't have a timeline right now :( That's not a good feeling. What's "Harper home", if you don't mind my asking?
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @dreamscapes_ haha! not at all!  Harper is DD.  Harper home is my left over belly  :)
  • @KFrob That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure! :)
  • @glitzandglitter Ooh, potty training.  I'm thinking we should start thinking about that, but I don't even know where to start.  I hear it's easier if you do it early, but I'm not sure DS is even a little bit ready.

@dreamscapes_ Good luck!  I feel like jobs should always be super accommodating of medical appointments, but I know that's not always the case.  Oh! But I got my appointment for the 17th!  I was originally told they had nothing before the end of August, but then a cancellation came in while I was on the phone.  So I got super lucky.

@izza2 Oh, I would love some rain right now.  We used to always have our "monsoon season" in July that would cool things down and stop everything from catching on fire.  But now it's far from a guarantee.  Or, it will all come at once and we'll have flash floods.  So feel free to send your rain my way!

@kfrob Ha, I definitely still have the house DS grew in. I know that from the wrong angle I look pregnant (which is depressing for a number of reasons).  I just can't figure out how to fit exercise into my schedule.

What are you looking forward to this week?  My job gave us both Monday and Tuesday off this week!  So I'm in the middle of a four day weekend, followed by a 3 day week!  Plus, BBQ with friends tomorrow!

What are you dreading?  We do have a deadline at work, but I can't finish my part until certain coworkers do their part.  And those coworkers tend to make everything more difficult than it needs to be.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Um... With so much time off, I really should...  Mostly just keep on top of the standard stuff.

Random thoughts?  There's a baby shower at work this week, so I bought some baby girl clothes yesterday.  The baby section always makes me feel a wide range of emotions.  I love the tiny clothes, and I can't believe DS was ever so small.  I got excited about buying girl clothes for a change.  I got irritated at how many more girl clothes there are than boy clothes.  And then I got irritated at some of the girl clothes that perpetuate  certain stereotypes.  And I got excited about having a new tiny person soon, then I started worrying that it will take a long time to get there, or we somehow won't get there.  In the end, I bought more than I meant to, because the clothes are just so stinkin' cute.

GTKY: What is your favorite season and why?  I gotta say winter.  I love sweaters and scarves and hats and boots, and I really love snow, although we don't get a ton here.  Of course, I think I'm also just really sick of the heat here, so I may be biased right now.  Fall came really late last year, though, so it was really short and settled into winter before we really got to enjoy it.

• dreamscapes_dreamscapes_ member
    edited July 2017
    @Secretstapler Unfortunately, my employer tends to be very "Well, this is your schedule", but sometimes, depending on the manager, they can fiddle with it. If I hadn't been on leave for so dang long, I could have requested the day off, but that's not an option. And since I'm starting at a new location, I don't know what my schedule will look like, what my regular days off will be (we're open 365 days a year), or if anyone would be able to switch with me to work that day. So... We'll see what happens.

I'm very very glad that you managed to get a soon-ish appointment! Two weeks isn't a very long wait, so that's awesome :) Yay for your short work week, too! I know how you feel about the buying of baby clothes. When we were at Walmart last week, they had two big carts full of clearance baby stuff, so I ended up grabbing things for my sister's new tiny human, and then ended up grabbing more things from the regular section. DH wasn't very thrilled, but oh well. Shades of when we're the ones with the tiny human.

ETA for spelling on the tag.
  • ChloandCocoChloandCoco member
    edited July 2017
    @dreamscapes_ - I'm hoping to get them this afternoon, if not it will be tomorrow around lunchtime. I hope you can get the day off or at least switch your shift!
    @kindbytealikat - I hope you DS has a good time at the fireworks. Maybe the lights will distract him from the noise.
    @izza2 - Good luck on your last week of classes and finals!
    @KFrob -  I'm sorry you are feeling frustrated with the lack of time line. Could you try discussing it with YH in order to solidify a plan?
    @Secretstapler - Hopefully your co-workers won't make it too difficult for you to finish your part. I hope you enjoyed you long weekend!
  • @dreamscapes_ I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!  I would imagine it is pretty difficult for an organization that size and scope to accommodate everyone's schedule.  Here's hoping, though!

@JennyColada Gah!  I have become so old!  I find myself wanting to yell at all these kids with their music and their skateboards and their jaywalking and their fireworks on my yard... 

@KFrob Hooray for timelines!  I agree, I have a really hard time when I don't have a plan in general, and for something like this, when so much is already out of your control, it's just too much to not even know when you can start trying.  Six months is totally manageable.  And I'm terrible about bottling things up before losing it in a pit of despair.

And I barely know the pregnant girl at work, but I was so excited to have an excuse to buy tiny baby clothes that I bought a whole mess of them.
  • @JennyColada Also: I just realized that it's your fault that I keep getting that "if you like piña coladas..." song stuck in my head.
  • @Kfrob - Yay! I am so. Glad you were able to talk it out and get a start date :)
  • @chloandcoco - yay! GL this cycle:)
  • Good Luck @ChloandCoco

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @ChloandCoco I'm so glad you're not benched anymore! It's a good feeling! :D

@JennyColada Oh, I'm the same. There's a picnic table and grill right outside of our apartment, and there's usually teenagers sitting at it smoking and stuff and it drives me crazy.

@KFrob I'm so glad you have a timeline! I also bottle things up, so I understand that. It's difficult for me to talk about things, and my DH is still learning to deal with it. But yes, it's hard not to buy baby clothes! Disney has some of the cutest stuff, and I know a lot of people who just had babies, so it's hard for me to not buy them all of the things.

@Secretstapler Well, I finally got at least the first couple days of my schedule! I have a transfer class on Monday since I'm going from food and beverage to attractions, and then I can get the rest of it on Tuesday at my property orientation.
  • @dreamscapes_. Oooh, how exciting!  I actually have so many questions about working at Disney world, but I don't want to type them all out here.  I guess I'll just say I hope your pastry chef skills (am I remembering that right?) transfer over to your new position!  It is really great that they are able to work with your accommodations and keep you on.
  • @Secretstapler You can PM me if you want! And unfortunately, no, they won't transfer to the new role. I can still bake at home, but I can't do the heavy lifting anymore and because they determined that my situation with my back is a disability, I don't know if I'll ever be able to get back into the kitchen. So I'm going to be working on an attraction instead. But at least I'm working and haven't lost my insurance or my seniority!
  • @dreamscapes_ I was hoping that there was some magic way that you needed to know how to bake in order to run attractions?  It is Disney, right?  But yeah, it is really great that you don't have to start over with a new company.  Especially with insurance!  Do they offer any maternity benefits?  My University only offers FMLA, which is 12 weeks unpaid.
  • @Secretstapler Yes, it is Disney :) Unfortunately, they don't offer any maternity benefits beyond FMLA. We do have excellent insurance, though, and my DH and I specifically enrolled in the more expensive of the three insurance plans they offer. He has a heart condition and then I have everything with my back, so it just made sense, even without the possibility of pregnancy. They do have a way that they try and keep people working for as long as they feel comfortable, but as far as actual benefits, it's just FMLA.