October 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check-In / 7-5

Hey there first time moms!! I hope you all are having a good week!! Share what you wish! :)

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: What skill would you like to master?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: FTM Check-In / 7-5

• Options
    How far along are you? 25 weeks, one day

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?  Just feeling huge.  My belly feels so much heavier than it did last week

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Glucose test today and heard the heartbeat.  143 and I'm up around a total of 30 lbs.  Really can't imagine gaining much more!

Rants/raves? I got some peanut butter cup popcorn from TJ Maxx today and ate the entire bag in about 10 minutes.  Amazing but now I'm struggling to stay awake at my desk

GTKY: What skill would you like to master?  Self control with food but everything tastes amazing and I'm always starving
  • Options
    How far along are you? 25 weeks today
    I don't remember when I last did this check in but I'm feeling huge this week. I know it's gonna get worse. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had a stressful week last week. Failed my 1 hour glucose test badly. (Everything else looked good though). Took the 3 hour on Saturday and passed according to my online chart. So relieved. Oh and I totally recommend doing the test on Saturday if that's an option for people.

Rants/raves? No

Questions for FTM, or STM+? No

GTKY: What skill would you like to master? Folding fitted sheets. I'm so bad at it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27 weeks

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I have started to get sharp lighting bolt pains occasionally.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Glucose Appointment Tomorrow! Not so much excited for the test, but for the U/S after!

Rants/raves? 

GTKY: What skill would you like to master? I would love to be able to speak another language! I know bits and pieces of Spanish, but not enough to communicate. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    nhoover88 said:
    Hey there first time moms!! I hope you all are having a good week!! Share what you wish! :)

How far along are you?

Rants/raves? 

1. 24 weeks + 1 day today! 

2. Heartburn seems to be under control- yay! But my hip joints are so loose that swimming and sleeping can be painful. 

3. Going in on Monday - I think just for blood work and a check up. Glucose test will be next month. 

4. Rave- My hubby painted the nursery on his July 4th holiday while I was out of town!

5. Has anyone used or heard of using evening primrose oil and red raspberry loose leaf tea to soften the cervix as prep for labor and delivery? (I plan to ask doc about this on Monday.)

6. Freezer meal planning! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 26 weeks yesterday

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Not really. Just getting rounder.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Doctor said I was gaining weight too quickly but i feel like he exaggerated a bit. He said I had gain 8lbs in 4 weeks which translates to 2lb a week but in reality it was 8lbs in 5 weeks so more like 1.6lbs a week. Trying to eat a bit better and exercising. Its tough when you don't feel like moving and everyone keeps offering you all this awesome junk food. 

Rants/raves? This is my last week working my current schedule. My new schedule is working 4 10 hour days like I do now but instead of them being spread out with days off in between they're going to be all together. So work 4 days and have 3 days off. I don't know how much I'll like it. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? For those of you who have had girls and chose to have their ears pierced, when did you have it done? Where?

GTKY: What skill would you like to master? I would love to be able to play an instrument. Or be able to paint or draw. Just make something with my hands. But alas, I have no talent. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    yasandsonyasandson member
    edited July 2017
    How far along are you? 29w2d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Its been a while since i havent checked in here, but my guess is ive already reported being gassy lol so ill just go with cankles every time i remain standing for more than 2 hours. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Had a routine one tuesday. Went great, no GD and all seems well, TG. 

Rants/raves?  I just cant look at the scale anymore. Im done. 

GTKY: What skill would you like to master? Stripping! Totally joking, maybe not. But soccer!!!! Id love to be the female version of Sergio Ramos, or Christiano Ronaldo lol

Edited cause i got my weeks wrong 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 25weeks today!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? My back hasn't been as sore since I've been seeing a chiropractor, which is great! I do get swollen ankles when sitting or standing too long and I've been having (TMI?) some discomfort in one labia :/ I hope it's not a varicose vein starting!! Has anyone else had some swelling or pain in this area?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? My midwives group does group appointments with a quicker 1-1 check in. I like the model because you build relationships with other moms due in the same month. At my last appointment I got the results of my anomaly scan and everything looked pretty good. I do have a low lying posterior placenta that they said should move up so they're not worried. 

Rants/raves?  @yasandson I feel you on the scale thing. Thankfully at my midwives office the scale is in kg and I don't look at the conversion chart. I already feel big!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? anyone else feeling varicose veins? What can I do to help the discomfort? I ordered a support garment hoping it will help

GTKY: What skill would you like to master? I would love to be great at decorating and being crafty. I just don't think I have the patience or dedication to finish crafts. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    26w2d
    Heartburn! It used to be occasional but now it's been nearly every day and sometimes twice a day
    Next appt is tomorrow and I think I'm taking glucose test
    Rants/raves? 
    Rant: work has been extra annoying with this summer program and I'm trying really hard not to stress out because last summer was miserable and I don't need that again while pregnant
    I feel like I only have big expensive items on my registries because my husband doesn't want me to add diapers, wipes, or clothes. Did you end up getting those as gifts anyway?
    Cooking. I don't really have much patience for it, so I won't make something if it takes longer than half hour 

Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers