January 2018 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating 6/29

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

Re: What my pregnant self is eating 6/29

• Bagels almost every morning for breakfast (one half with strawberry cream cheese and one half with chive and onion). French bread pizzas almost every day for lunch which I know I need to chill out with but literally nothing else sounds good for lunch. Dinner has mostly been ramen noodles except over the weekend because we traveled so we ate out every night Friday - Monday.

Loving peaches right now and desperately wanted cantaloupe recently but never got any. 
  • missblazemissblaze member
    edited June 2017

I'm back to feeling pretty hungover during the day so I'm having difficulty finding food that sounds good. I had oatmeal for breakfast and right now I'm eating some full fat plain yogurt with berries. I'm trying to get as much protein as possible because that seems to make me feel better. Lunch will be a ham and cheese sandwich with jalapeno chips. I have some clementines and an apple for this afternoon. I think DH is making pizza for dinner, but honestly that doesn't really sound good either. French bread pizza does sound awesome though, @gusgus14. Oh, I also have a few pieces of brownie brittle from Costco (they were B1G1 last week lol). Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to get in more veggies.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Apple fritters  :s and I need to cool it on those!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • I'm slightly grossed out by my eating habits these days. I love fresh meat, veggies, fruit-mostly.
    Yet, I never know what I'm going to feel like eating. Breakfast today was raisin toast with butter and strawberries. It's just after 10 am here and I'm about to go put some french fries in the oven to dip in A-1 sauce (Don't knock it, til you try it!)
    Tried to have a pulled pork sandwich last night and could only eat half of it. I did eat an entire bag of salad for lunch yesterday with steak on top so I am getting veggies in on certain days now! 

• @KatieEl I would totally kill for an apple fritter right now. They don't exist over here and I will make up for it in approximately 14 weeks when we get back to the states. 
  • Cream cheese!!!! Just with anything, enjoying the texture. Also made a batch of Tapioca pudding last night and ate half of it. Will most likely need to make more after I eat the rest of it today. 
  • @ottergirl81 omg yes I love Tapioca pudding, I just picked some up at three grocery over the weekend.

Having these days on and off where I am just starving. Today is one of those days, I've had cereal, then yogurt then a bagel. And I'm still hungry
  • I just really don't have a great appetite these days. I'm forcing myself to eat because I'm even more nauseous when I don't. I just got home from Costco and they had sooooo many samples that I'd normally find quite yummy...couldn't stomach the idea of eating any of them. I do look forward to breakfast. I've been making oatmeal with blueberries and it's been delicious to me. 
  • Haven't eaten enough this morning, just two breakfast bars and some milk. I'm waiting for lunch right at a restaurant right now and might have ordered too much (omelet with cheddar, broccoli, avocado, and tomatoes; fresh fruit; and whole wheat toast). My lunch the past three days in a row (no joke) was baked potato soup and salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Finally got sick of it. Lol.
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been doing pretty good with what I actually eat, but keep getting hit with random cravings through the day. The cafeteria's cheesy scrambled eggs smell amazing and I keep almost going to get some. At 10am today I really really wanted some noodles with butter and a ton of parmesan.

This week I'm enjoying Outshine frozen fruit bars (while DH eats ice cream... see, I'm being good!), and I put Nutella and raspberry jam on an Eggo which made it taste way fancier than an Eggo has any right.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• It changes everyday- today I went to target and bought a can of cheese whiz so there's that. I realllllly want lunch meat- how can that become a reality for me? I dream about the day I can have a jimmy Johns sub. 
  • I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one going heavy on the carbs haha I've been having whole grain toast with butter and avocado on it almost every day...it's different but amazing. The other day a coworker got Popeyes for lunch and I had to go buy a biscuit because it just looked so good. Still getting lots of fruits in, and the only vegetables I can stand are carrots, sweet potatoes, and steamed broccoli. I found some great recipes for healthy muffins and granola bars, so meal prepping has been much easier this week and really healthy. Meat is hit or miss...I swear my husband is a saint because we will be driving to one place and then change to go elsewhere sometimes more than once because my appetite is all over the place. 
  • I just ate 20+ olives. The big ones. 
  • It changes everyday- today I went to target and bought a can of cheese whiz so there's that. I realllllly want lunch meat- how can that become a reality for me? I dream about the day I can have a jimmy Johns sub. 
    I eat lunch meat. Everything in moderation is the key! My OB is very much a "whatever you can get down first trimester" type. I've been doing a few pieces of ham or turkey heated up in a skillet and rolled up with cheese. It's keeping the cravings at bay.

As for me, give me all the hotdogs! 
  • @Cricket99 I've been wanting hot dogs so bad! But only hot dog cart hot dogs and I'm too lazy to go get one which is probably a good thing because I know you're not supposed to eat them all that often during pregnancy.
  • Actually had an appetite today and made ziti. I was basically drinking the sauce all day, yummmm
  • Pickle juice. OMG It was sooooooo good. 
  • For the full two months of May and June I ate exclusively refined all-white carbs and prenatal vitamins. Working on my wheatie belly baby. But in the last four days I have had falafel wraps for at least one meal. After my hair appointment this afternoon I popped a U-turn when I saw a sign that read, "Turkish wraps: donairs and falafel". Oh well, at least there's some veggies getting in. :-) 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • I ate an actual salad today!!! After patting myself on the back I ate a whole bag of corn nuts.  :'(
  • Just spent the past 10 minutes looking up eggless cookie dough recipes. Now I'm so freaking hungry. Thankfully I have s'mores in the fridge to reheat, which surprisingly they taste amazing.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Apparently I'm craving macaroni salad. I not only packed a scoop in with my leftover burger, I also packed some in an entirely separate container and included that in my lunch bag. lol.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I know I'll regret it later but caffeine free Pepsi has been severely helping my nausea. Also PB and strawberry jelly sandwiches. No crust. 
  • Still eating whatever doesn't make me gag. Yesterday we had a delicious BBQ rib dinner. Before that was seared tuna steaks and lemon butter shrimp. As long as I don't eat past satisfaction, I'm ok.  I had explained it to my DH that is feels like I'm hungover on the verge of puking, but for weeks. 
    I've been wanting to bake peanut butter cookies and pumpkin cream cheese muffins, but knowing me once they are done I wouldn't be able to enjoy them. And feeling like crap has halted exercise. Waiting for life to resume, come on 2nd Tri!!!! 
  • @LemmyRN omg those muffins sound amazing!
  • @schaze   
    Right! As soon as I'm out of these symptoms I'm making those muffins. For breakfast with coffee  <3
  • I'll take some in Maryland @LemmyRN hahaha! Give me alllll the pumpkin!
  • @missblaze I went a little nuts on Mac salad this past weekend, yummm lol
  • I'm so freaking happy to be eating again period! 2.5 days of nothing staying down (water included) was no bueno. Yesterday it started to stick again so I was cautious but today we are in the clear! Trying to stick to better options though; bowl of cereal, chicken sandwhich but hamburger helper for dinner... could be better but not really up to cook the last day of my vacation.