Infertility

Anyone doing IVF in July/August?

Re: Anyone doing IVF in July/August?

• Oh I forgot to mention. I own and run a preschool so you could imagine how fun it is to see and hear our moms getting pregnant every minute. I have 4 moms at the moment pregnant. Love hearing them say " don't worry so much just relax it will happen " 
  • @sarajasonivf - haha! Thank you for the introduction! Nice to meet you! ;) Sometimes the age plays a factor because it will determine the pace and type of treatment you receive - I thought moving from IUI straight to IVF with seemed fast, but maybe your RE thinks it's best if you're over 35 - I dunno. Keeping FX for you and for this weekend!!!

Personally, I'm a nutcase too. ;) I mean, I love my husband, he's great, and I have a great life and so much more than I deserve... But IF has made me really impatient and frustrated and I cry easily and often.

Most of the time, I think I'm fine, but then something will rub me the wrong way, and I get so mad. A friend called me and complained today because she's having some minor postpartum complications with her stitches, and it was too much, you know? I would give my eye teeth to have a baby as sweet and healthy as hers- I just snapped, like: "Look, life is tough sometimes. Ok? Deal with it." And then I felt so guilty. And then I felt angry because I'm just so tired of having this draining, sh*tty cloud hanging over me, making me sad all the time. 

Anyway, here's hoping this is soon over for all of us!
  • Loading the player...
  • @funkykey I feel you on that dark cloud. I have a couple friends who recently became pregnant and I was pissed... trying to be better about not being upset but it's hard. I don't think people truly grasp how hard IVF or infertility in general is. 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • @BusinessWife - keeping FX for you! Welcome!

@HottLemonade2886 - welcome! Sounds like you have experience ;) I'll be interested to see what impact the changes you have made have! Keeping FX for you!

@Holls214I don't think people truly grasp how hard IVF or infertility in general is. Exactly. It's so hard!

I have one friend, and she can always explain it better than I can. She's not IF, but she'll say things when I'm down, like: "Well, for a lot of people, their children are their reason for being - what gets them up in the morning. Of course IF is hard - it's dealing with that reality. It's not like wanting shoes or a car -this is life and death stuff - the actual nature of life and bringing life and the purpose for living it."

And I'm like: "Yep!" It's brutal - even when it's not as physically demanding (eg. during the TWW as opposed to during stims), it's mentally taxing - it feels like I'm constantly dealing with this low-grade headache like: "You may never have the life you wanted for yourself. All this work you're doing, it's never going to work out."

For me, finding out that a friend is pregnant -it's not that I'm jealous of my friend, I'm honestly happy for my friends. It's that it's such a reminder of what I'm dealing with and how sh*tty IF is, and how some people have no idea what this is like and never have to go through this. Now, when someone tells me they're pregnant - 12 weeks along or whatever - I think about where I was 12 weeks ago, what treatment I had that failed, and I wonder how many more months I'm going to have to keep trying. Ugh.

Anyway, enough from me! 

Just about to take my last bc pill! Finally!
  • @funkykey I totally agree. I think all of us would be totally cool with going this route if we were told it would definitely work. The unknown is the worst parts. People are always like "I don't know how you do all the injections, bloodwork, appointment." But for me it's the periods of waiting to start a cycle or the 5 day wait or PGS testing wait that are what really can affect a person. 

I'm also like you were I'm not really jealous of my best friend or even my sister in law that's 6 years older than me and just gave birth to the healthiest looking twins that were also naturally conceived on their first try. I'm happy when anyone that wants a baby gets pregnant. It's just the wondering when and if you will get to also experience the same. But I do feel when you have to work hard for something you appreciate the success more than the people that get it easy. I also believe that you have to be a strong person to go through this because it could break a person. All of us are strong souls and we can make this journey and come out on top no matter the outcome.
    Me: 31 DH: 31 Married: 8/2007
    MFI - Due to blockage
    IVF#1 Feb/Mar 2017 - ER: 14 Eggs, 13 Mature, 7 Fertilized, 1 Blastocyst (PGS tested abnormal)
    IVF#2 May 2017 - ER: 16 Eggs, 14 Mature, 5 Fertilized, 1 Blastocyst (PGS tested abnormal)
    IVF#3 July/Aug 2017 - ER: 15 Eggs, 13 Mature, 12 Fertilized, 6 Blastocyst, 5 PSG normal (3 Girls, 2 Boys)
    FET# 1 September 29,2017 1st Beta - 236 2nd Beta - 806 3rd Beta - 2932
    Due Date - 6/17/18 Father's Day!
  • @businessWife You totally go here. Welcome! I hope

@sarajasonivf You are one strong lady. There's no way I would be able to not know my count but I understand your reasoning completely. I always wondered why the acupuncture place is right next to the clinic. Maybe I should try it out!

@Funkykey I 100% feel you regarding friends complaining and not understanding how blessed they are. **TW I'm part of a group of 60 FB friends since 2013 and at least one of them becomes pregnant and a baby is born every month end TW**. I love them all to death but some of the things they vent about. Major side-eye.

@hottlemonade2886 Those sounds like some really good changes and I hope third times a charm!

AFM, They saw a 40mm cyst on my right ovary this morning. I left thinking I was going to be benched for a month but Doc called back and said my bw levels are low so we're going ahead with 4 more days of BCPs and then I start Lupron on the 6th. What a roller coaster ride of a day!   

Me:35 DH:37
    Married 09/2013

*TW* TTC #2 since June 2016 *END TW*

Endometriosis

March 2017- IUI#1- Clomid - BFN
    April 2017 - IUI #2 - Clomid, Ovidrel - BFN
    May 2017 - IUI #3 - Clomid- cancelled cycle

July 2017- IVF #1-Microdose Lupron protocol, Gonal-F, Menopur, HCG trigger- 12 mature eggs, 9 fertilized, 4 frozen- 2 PGS normal!!

August 2017- FET #1

• @holls214 Great news! I was wondering about gender selection and if that plays into anyone's choice. 

I was also also wondering how some of you have been able to do multiple cycles. Are there programs or grants that people are on? I have coverage but it's still alot of money. 

Married 09/2013

Endometriosis

July 2017- IVF #1-Microdose Lupron protocol, Gonal-F, Menopur, HCG trigger- 12 mature eggs, 9 fertilized, 4 frozen- 2 PGS normal!!

August 2017- FET #1

• @allycheer00 thank you! We're excited. There are programs out there like attain and others were you pay more but if it doesn't work the first time it covers the second. We just paid for everything out of pocket unfortunately and opted against the programs. 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • Aera11Aera11 member
    Woohoo!! Congrats @Holls214 that's awesome news!
  • Congrats great news
  • Sorry I was off here yesterday! Crazy days trying to get ahead of my upcoming vaca. I may be off for some days (but will try to read and love tit a lot)
    funkykey It is so hard to hear about pregnancies while going through this... I even get jelly of total strangers with baby bumps :(
    sarajasonivf That's so awesome you are in your cycle! Hoping all is going and growing well!
    BusinessWife  OMG its like off the bench and away you go! Actually... my benching is going fast too! I tried myo inositol (just side hustle without my docs permission lol) and it totally jacked up my cycle. I know its supposed to mainly be for PCOS which I don't have, but I heard it helped some ladies like myself. I've added maca back (with my docs permission) otherwise I'm on all the good stuff, CoQ10, cray prenatals, magnesium, probiotics, all the antioxidants, royal jelly, Nicotinamide RIboside (a super power B vitamin) and I cant think what else, but I'm sure theres more! SO hoping they get some spermies for you!!
    HottLemonade2886 Glad to see you here... I also am working on embryo quality so got rid of all the toxins I could too! I think I'm also doing a dual trigger but that's because I have been getting OHSS so they are hoping cutting the hcg and adding Lupron helps with that.
    allycheer00 So glad that cyst is not benching you!! Cray!
    Holls214 Lucky duckie!! That's amazing!

AFM... Still just waiting to O so I can get to estrogen priming. Right now I'm using a CBE fertility monitor because I cant even with using my eyes to see a positive OPK. After I get a pos, I go in a few days later for monitoring (hopefully I will have ovulated by then... July 11th is my appt).
    My meds are a little weird this time, I think. I have always done like 350 follistim but this is what the lady has me on now:

oral estrace (for estrogen priming)
    150 Follistim
    150 menopur
    1ml Omnitrope (HGH)
    later adding
    Ganirelix (AM shot...they say its better that way for some reason)
    Lupron and Pregnyl for triggering
    The time is going to be open. My doc says she may coast me on estrogen at the beginning instead of just starting on day 3 or 4 (depending on my follicles) So this will be all new to me!
  • Holls214Holls214 member
    edited June 2017
    We got our potential transfer date of August 17th. So far away! I'm still thrilled but nervous already. :) 
  • Out of all of the things I could be stressing over... I'm starting Suprefact nasal spray tomorrow. (No bc pills, not sure why, but whatever.) I HATE spraying nasal spray up my nose. It grosses me out and I vomit 100% of the time. Give me a belly injection any day. Ugh. 
  • Hey ladies I finally caved in and got the numbers for my eggs. First off I had a very bad reacfion to menopur so that caused some drama for me. I woke up with entire left arm burning from the inside and it scared the whole fertility office. They thought I had a blood clot but turned out to be a reacfion to menopur. 
    I thought I was going to do my er Sunday but now it's Monday :( I have to do one more day of meds tonight and my antagonist again tmw. I still have my doubts about ovulating early. 
    RE told me I have around 20ish eggs but looks like I have 11 matured that will be gold. As of now they are 20-17mm so he is giving them a few more days to cook. Maybe the 9 other ones will catch up too ?  I have no idea what any of these numbers mean. Is this good ? My amh was normal and fsh 5 so I was expecting more. Maybe it's because I am a short protocol ? 
  • Out of all of the things I could be stressing over... I'm starting Suprefact nasal spray tomorrow. (No bc pills, not sure why, but whatever.) I HATE spraying nasal spray up my nose. It grosses me out and I vomit 100% of the time. Give me a belly injection any day. Ugh. 
    I've only heard of the nasal spray and most ladies say they dislike it too. Did you ask your doc why he/she prefers the spray?

• Hey ladies I finally caved in and got the numbers for my eggs. First off I had a very bad reacfion to menopur so that caused some drama for me. I woke up with entire left arm burning from the inside and it scared the whole fertility office. They thought I had a blood clot but turned out to be a reacfion to menopur. 
    I thought I was going to do my er Sunday but now it's Monday :( I have to do one more day of meds tonight and my antagonist again tmw. I still have my doubts about ovulating early. 
    RE told me I have around 20ish eggs but looks like I have 11 matured that will be gold. As of now they are 20-17mm so he is giving them a few more days to cook. Maybe the 9 other ones will catch up too ?  I have no idea what any of these numbers mean. Is this good ? My amh was normal and fsh 5 so I was expecting more. Maybe it's because I am a short protocol ? 
    I think it depends on the size of the smaller ones and where your estrogen is. I think it's like 2 mm a day at the end (I can never remember). It might be due to your protocol length, but I'm guessing if you have good hormone levels they may be trying to avoid over stimulating you and over cooking your eggs. The truth is, many clinics do mini ivf for good responders because they are looking for quality instead of quantity. I say don't stress yet, if all your mature eggs fertilize that would be a great number of embies!
  • Thanks so much I think you are right. My RE doesn't even bother looking at Eggies under 15 so let's see if any of them make the cut. The hormones levels checked out but they are so secretive loll 
    he has me on a short protocol but was against the mini for me. He said if I produce only 5 for a mini and 3 fertilize I would have to do another mini ivf to try again. 
  • @sarajasonivf I always tell the docs/nurses that I'd like my cycle sheet after every appointment. If you are not comfortable asking for it for your own info, you can tell them you need it for your acupuncturist.... that usually shuts them up and they will give it to you. I always made a copy for my acupuncturist anyway, but now I have my cycle sheets where I can see all my follies, my hormones and the exact amounts of meds. If you don't want the info, no worries, but it IS your medical info and they have to give it to you if you want it.
  • That is a great idea will ask them on Monday. 
  • Ladies, maybe one of you will know.  I just had my new health insurance kick in today!!!!

I want to call for preauthorization, but I'm not sure if I talk to BCBS or WINfertility (or if anyone will be around on a Saturday). I will start with BCBS and go from there, but my bigger question is the acupuncture.  My coverage says only as pain management / part of a surgical procedure.  So I'm sure I could get it ER day, but how are people getting all this acupunture covered/ partially covered in the cycles/weeks leading up to treatment?  I would love to go.  But with this huge paycut I can only afford to do it regularly if we're talking co-pay rates, not full cash rates... :/
  • Ladies, maybe one of you will know.  I just had my new health insurance kick in today!!!!

I want to call for preauthorization, but I'm not sure if I talk to BCBS or WINfertility (or if anyone will be around on a Saturday). I will start with BCBS and go from there, but my bigger question is the acupuncture.  My coverage says only as pain management / part of a surgical procedure.  So I'm sure I could get it ER day, but how are people getting all this acupunture covered/ partially covered in the cycles/weeks leading up to treatment?  I would love to go.  But with this huge paycut I can only afford to do it regularly if we're talking co-pay rates, not full cash rates... :/
    Most places have someone on call on weekends... I've always been able to call at least an answering service and have someone get back to me. My insurance company takes all 24/7 so even with prescription stuff I can call anytime. As for acu.... I get like 24 visits a year so I'm good till I use those up.... unfortunately I think I only have about 4 left so I'm not sure what I'll do this cycle. I guess I may/will oop some visits after these 4 are gone :(  I feel like once a week is better than none (my place is over 100 bucks a pop) :/ 
    if you can find a place to code it so your visits are counted as pain mgmt that would be bomb! 
  • Ladies I'm so nervous my er is tmw morning. Any words of advice ? I started a juice cleanse today and making tons of soup to have for the next few days. I feel like I have gained 20 pounds and am waddling everywhere 
  • @sarajasonivf you will do great! The procedure itself is very fast. I just tested for the couple days after as I got moderate OHSS. The only hard part was the bloat. FX for lots of quality eggies. 
  • Ladies I'm so nervous my er is tmw morning. Any words of advice ? I started a juice cleanse today and making tons of soup to have for the next few days. I feel like I have gained 20 pounds and am waddling everywhere 
    Good luck today!!!
  • Thank you ladies 2,more hours left so scared I ovulated already was so sore yesterday and now I feel perfectly fine. Hopefully it was the trigger. 
  • @BusinessWife All my acupuncture stuff is OOP. However, I've found a provider who does fertility acupuncture for $60/treatment. Compared to the rest of what we are spending, I just write that off as a tiny expense for helping our odds/making me feel better.
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • @sarajasonivf How did your er go?

Married 09/2013

Endometriosis

August 2017- FET #1

• @sarajasonivf - keeping FX for you!

AFM, a quick update - I'm off to pay for the actual IVF procedure at the clinic (GULP), and then I start stimming tomorrow. Holy crow! 
  • @sarajasonivf Great report!!!!  That is amazing! Rest up and feel better, okay? ❤

@funkykey. Oof.  But yay for stimming!!!  :D
  • @sarajasonivf that's great news!!! :) And ouch for the IVF bill. Never fun!! 
  • @sarajasonivf that's a great report! Rest up and do things that make you feel good!
  • @Holls214 we have the same transfer date! This is my first and only Ivf. We have one normal boy embryo waiting to be transferred. I will be starting meds around the 20th if everything looks good. Does your clinic do the "scratch test"? I'm not looking forward to it. 
  • @sarajasonivf Hope you're feeling better today. 10 is a great number!

@funkykey I'm a day behind you! How is your first day going?

@bababatty Welcome! I really hope you're approved for the program. That will for sure help your stress level go down.

Married 09/2013

Endometriosis

August 2017- FET #1

• @allycheer00 - first shot down, roughly 25 more to go! LOL!
    My H woke up early to help me prepare the injection - we're both off today. 
    I'll go in for bloodwork on Sunday to see where my levels are, and once we have that, then I'll know when I'm going to need an u/s - likely early next week.
  • @amynico yay! Cycle buddy. They don't do a scratch. Is that for endo? What's your protocol leading up to FET?