October 2017 Moms

Workout check-in 6/26/17

1. How was last week?  What are your plans for this week?

2. How are you feeling?

3. What is your favorite, go-to post workout meal/food?

June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Workout check-in 6/26/17

• 1. How was last week?  What are your plans for this week? Deload week last week, so it was super light weight.  Saturday's group workout was fun.  It was teams of three, group run 400m, 150 KBS, 150 calories on the rower, 150 box jumps/step-ups, group 400m run. The 150 reps of each was total, so we partitioned it into 25 reps each turn.  I rowed instead of ran, so it was a very row heavy workout for me, lol.

This week is 5RM testing. I PRed my bench by 20 pounds (105).  I tried 107 and I got it for 4 and 3/4 rep...soooo close!

2. How are you feeling?  
    Great!  

If I workout in the morning I usually have breakfast right afterwards which is usually eggs and sausage or bacon with fruit.  If in the afternoon it's usually a protein shake with chocolate protein powder, almond milk, banana and some PB.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • abaumeabaume member
    @Brambles23 dang girl you are a best. I totally can't handle any jumping while prego, it makes me so nauseous.

1) I mainly lift and do the elliptical or rower. I am always more focused on my squats and all things leg related. So I get that in first and then work on upper body later in the week.

2) Feeling good but definitely not at my normal activity level.

3) I am all about a protein shake after workouts. My fav is blueberries, peanut butter, vanilla protein, ice and a little milk. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @abaume thanks girl.  I didn't jump, the option was there but step-ups were the preferred option (honestly they are always the preferred option for me, pregnant or not).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Past few weeks have been super tough for me. I have a strong yoga practice, usually 5-6x a week, and I like to do a lot of walking. But I've had to stop exercising the past few weeks due to a combination of carpal tunnel, a torn LCL and now a sprained ankle! I'm trying to be zen about it since I know my body needs time to recover and heal, but not exercising is driving me crazy and making it difficult to get a restful night's sleep. Hoping I can finally get back on my feet soon, but in the meantime getting a lot of sympathetic looks from my coworkers with all the wrist/knee/ankle braces I'm rocking!
  • Thanks @Brambles23 ! I am on full vacation mode this week 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • abaumeabaume member
    @Brambles23 scaling is the only way I survive my workouts these days. Glad to hear I am not the only one
  • @Brambles23 congrats on the bench! 
    I think the last time I did box jumps was in the CF open 17.1 workout 4 months ago. 

1. How was last week?  What are your plans for this week?
    Last week was good - made in through deload week with modifications and extra breaks. Testing 1RM this week which will be a test of my patience with myself not hitting PRs.   

2. How are you feeling?
    Good! 

During the week I did morning workouts so have a protein shake of chocolate protein, collagen, 1/2 banana and peanut butter. Weekends I make eggs. 

• lola4411 said:
    Thanks @Brambles23 ! I am on full vacation mode this week 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • abaumeabaume member
    edited June 2017

Here is my workout from today. I only did 65 on the squats. I probably could have went heavier.
  • @abaume nice job!  That looks like a fun WOD!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • worked out today after being away for a weeks vacation.  moral of the story: dont take a weeks vacation lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • abaumeabaume member
    Kind of random but do any of you ladies have favorite fitness people you follow on instagram? TIA
  • Brambles23Brambles23 member
    edited July 2017
    @abaume I follow a few women crossfit athletes on IG.  They are total beasts!  Lauren Fisher, Mandy Myers, Samantha Briggs, Lindsey Valenzuela (she gave birth last year to her first kid and then competed in the regionals just recently), and Lisbeth Darsh (not a CF athlete, but she's funny, inspirational, and posts stuff other than fitness).  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • abaumeabaume member
    @Brambles23 Sweet and thank you. I follow a few people but I am always looking for new ideas and ways to be creative. Also, I just like badass chicks. Most of the people I follow are trainers and The Rock of course, although Jason Mamoa is quickly becoming my favorite. Ben Bruno and Alexia Clark always have good stuff on their IG. 
  • 1. How was last week?  What are your plans for this week?
    I think I got in 3 3-mile runs last week.  Most of the time they feel like a monumental effort.  I'm also running in the summer heat in NC!  Thankfully the fit splint belt has helped and I'm generally not hurting.  I try to do a 10 minute yoga video after my runs.  
    I'd like to run several times this week and maybe do weights a time or two.

2. How are you feeling?
    I'm feeling pretty good a majority of the time.  But I can definitely feel that I'm running with extra weight on me (and little guy is not pulling his fair share. ;)  He's just along for the ride.  Ha! )
    Do you think it's too early to worry about diastasis recti?  I feel like my abs have separated and there's an inch or two wide squishy spot between them.  I may be imagining things.  But I'll check with my midwife at my appt next week.  

Nothing in particular.  I generally just eat dinner after.  If I'm out I may stop and grab a mocha frappe.