October 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly B-Fest (06/26)

Re: Weekly B-Fest (06/26)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The front plate of my truck fell  :s im not looking forward to speding my whole day waiting to get a new one. 
  • Options
    @feeislove oh man that is frustrating. A puppy is a lot of work. Does he realize all of the potty training and destruction that they do? 
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @feeislove LOL and an American bulldog puppy! Those babies get BIG!

• Options
    At my last appointment 22 weeks, my Dr said I was gaining too much weight... I've gained 12.
    He wanted a 15 pound weight gain. 
    I know I'm obese by my bmi, but its frustrating because I've been more active then pre-pregnancy, eat healthier, and stopped the soda when I found out.
    My starting weight was 208. I'm already swelling bad were I barely can move at night. I actually told the dr I didn't want to hear it and he even put on my chart that I eat healthy. So pissed.
  • Options
    Thanks @melarowan. It's a different Dr then my first. I was sick 24-7 with her and barely ate for 40 weeks, but still went to 214 to 236. I was extremely swollen and when she was born I dropped to 200. I don't think it's fat I'm gaining. 
  • Options
    Thank you @bluejeanbabi05 I'm just so nervous for my next appointment. I was pretty happy with the gaining until that. 
    My first was actually 8lb 15oz lol.  This one is measuring smaller so far, but I'll just try to ignore it. I have a thyroid issue too and I'm not blaming that on my weight, (I always battled it) but I can't get my metabolism up. 
  • Options
    People in general are annoying the everlasting mess outta me right now.  
  • Options
    My BF: I am the type of person who would love to do a "fresh start" every few years.  Like, new job, new city, new lifestyle.  When I have done it in the past on the small scale (moved for school or work or just because DH wanted to but never more than an hour-and-a-half drive from where we were before), I have been able to carry on old friendships while building new ones, so essentially our lives and social circles grew.  DH is more of a steady lad, who is happy to stay in our current house forever and just follow the current trajectory.  I really want some adventure right now, nevermind that I am pregnant, work is going reasonably well, and our neighborhood is wonderful.  Maybe I am crazy but a fresh start would be fabulous right about now.
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife @bluejeanbabi05 he knows in theory but not in practice. It's very easy to read on the internet what all is involved with raising a puppy and decide "oh I can do that." But it's obviously a completely different thing in practice. Hopefully, he lets this go.

@MommyKay I was told by my doctor today that the rate in which I was gaining could become an issue. I gained 8lbs in 4 weeks so 2lbs a week when they would rather see 1lb a week. But I have myself to blame since I haven't been eating the best or being very active. So I need to cut back on the sweets and try exercising a bit more. From what you describe it sounds like you're doing good. The doctor sounds like he's just going by a number on a chart which isn't always accurate. Keep doing what you're doing  :)
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @feeislove I just had the same conversation with my doc about how my weight gain "could become an issue."  I probably would have taken his comment personally, but the day before I had had 3 hotdogs at lunch and an excessive amount of pizza for dinner and before walking into the doc's office I had finished off a large vanilla milkshake.  Like you said, I definitely earned a polite comment about keeping control of my weight gain since I had not been eating or exercising properly.  @MommyKay It sounds like you have been paying a lot better attention to your body and your health than I have been, so just shrug off the doctor's comment and keep up the good work!
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • Options
    My BFest is, I'm trying to find a pediatrician. All the ones I want are "only taking patients if mother or father saw them as well" okay well sorry I had the best and first pedi here in my town and he's no longer here because he was like 80 when I was seeing him and I promise if he was still here I wouldn't be having this issue... but come on. *eyeroll* 
    im not being that picky but I like the old school doctors. The ones that aren't trying to shove antibiotics down everyone's throat, the ones that are willing to say "she'll be fine just do this" instead of bringing her in and trying to pump her full of amoxicillin! 
    okay rant over.
  • Options
    abaumeabaume member
    @tyannej Ug, that is so stressful. Finding that person/doc that you can really trust is no small task. Are you in a local mommy group on fb? They are good for asking who is a good doc in town. 
  • Options
    @abaume oh I know, luckily the hospital system I'm using is the main one here in town so I have a lot of options and they are one of the best in the state. I'm not on Facebook, unfortunately. But I have several mom friends that I have asked and I actually have an appointment scheduled with one of the doctors that came highly recommended to me at the end of next month after the whole fiasco! 
  • Options
    abaumeabaume member
    @tyannej What a relief. I had to find a new obgyn after I found I was pregnant because my old one didn't take my insurance anymore. I loved my doc so I was heartbroken and freaking out. I found a new doc who is great though, but man I was worried. Glad to hear it all worked out!
  • Options
    I don't think we've had a symptom thread in a while so I'll just post this here because this is a combination of a b-fest and a question.

**TMI Warning**
    I think I mentioned already that my doctor put me on some rectal suppositories for about 9 days to treat a hemorrhoid. The hemorrhoid itself doesn't hurt if I poke at it or when I poop (it's external) but my rectum will hurt randomly and it really hurts. Doctor said it's better to treat it now than to let it possibly get bigger and then have to have surgery. Ok cool. Now, I am a healthy pooper. But for the last two days when I did poop it was very little and it looked weird. I assume it's due to the suppositories. Anyone have experience with this?
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have an anterior placenta and I can barely feel kicks every so often and it's giving me anxiety! I am constantly panicking over the fact that I have barely felt her all day and my husband is always having to calm me down. Ughhhhh.
  • Options
    abaumeabaume member
    @megggosaurusrex that would be stressful. Plus feeling kicks is definitely one of the only prego perks. I do not blame you one but for stressing. Sending good vibes to you!)