November 2017 Moms
Options

Fitness Friday - June 30

Morning Ladies-

How's the week been? My work week was just about as low (awful) as it has been since I started this job.  Definitely had a close my office door, give in to pregnancy hormones, and silently cry morning in there. Combine work with 3 days of no running water due to a major well malfunction- life was rough. Getting outside for regular walks and exercise has helped get through the week. 

I got in a great hike with the dog on Sunday, long morning walks before work 3 days this week, and 2 days of Pilates. I keep checking for DR, and do no feel any an separation yet.  That said, the corework I did on Monday (even heavily modified) made my torso feel very tight all day. I think I'll have to avoid any dedicated core-focused workouts for now. 

Re: Fitness Friday - June 30

• Options
    I did really well this week, M-F I made it to the gym and did min of 30 minutes cardio and some light strength training. I have a hard time on days off and the weekend getting my workouts in though. When I get off my normal routine I tend to get lazy. I need to be more accountable on the weekends for sure.

I am struggling not being able to push myself like I used to and with always being hungry.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I went to barre on Monday and the gym on Tuesday, so I'm considering that a win. We're supposed to go hiking Sunday, but it's projected to be 90 deg out sooo prob not gonna happen.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went for a few jogs but have really been slacking otherwise. I'm blaming my cold for my lack of energy. Hoping to pull it together over the weekend though because I've got a 5k to run on tuesday! Also I try to only do side core work because I got DR with my first. 
  • Options
    I went to the gym for the first time in 13 weeks today. I went to what I thought was going to be a restorative yoga class but quickly learned after class started it was a flow class. Fortunately it was a beginners class. I did yoga/barre  2-3 times/week before my HG started up. I really hope to start working out more - my body feels like crap! 
  • Options
    I went to zumba today and stayed for the whole class and im very proud of myself 
  • Options
    My kids are finally healthy enough to check in at the gym!!! We've gone the last 3 days and it feels great. Just biking 45 minutes each time. I still have a cold, maybe turned sinus infection? Will be so good to go back to feeling normal and working out. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I went swimming while my son had preteam. But after about 10 minutes I got a bad side cramp and stopped. I hope to go back for more laps and water walking today.
  • Options
    Activities as usual 
    Just reducing anything that lays on my lower abdominal and have cut out any abb straining exercise that can contribute to the muscle separation . Like planks and crunchesor full front sit up and abb cycles 
    And trying to keep front crunching pole moves to a minimum focusing on leg strength and upper body and keeping up with the cardio . 
    Still at contortions but will talk to midwife at our next appt. On Friday about how to proceed with stretching especially through the hips . I be level I'll need to stop being pushed into any kind of hip opening stretch like splits training soon because of relaxin and injury risk but that leaves shoulders which being hypermohike mine are already a Lil vulnerable and backs which with a now starting to show belly is just getting uncomfortable to train so need some advice on how to continue but so far just keeping up with moderfied version of my regular exercise . 

• Options
    kaitlinlizkaitlinliz member
    edited July 2017
    This week we did Zumba and a community walk with work. That was my exercise and I floated in a pool yesterday for a little bit. Last week I was in Salt Lake and walked 6 miles every day ....I was hurting lol. IDK what this coming week brings