Trying to Get Pregnant

TTA/Benched Check-In Week of 6/26

*please notice*

This thread is for those who have started TTC but are now TTA or Benched. (There is also a TTCAL "sister" thread.)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: When you do laundry, do you meticulously sort your loads or just throw everything in the machine and hope for the best?
Me: 35 DH: 28
TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
Our journey has come to an end.
~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~

Re: TTA/Benched Check-In Week of 6/26

• I'm wondering what it's going to be like too, @BusinessWife. I've already gained weight from my foot injury recovery and I'm not looking forward to playing 20 questions. Hopefully we both magically escape physical changes from the hormones. (It's totally possible... right?!) I'm totally a laundry sorter, too.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • @dragonette505. Ugh I'm so sorry.  I can imagine the second time musy be so much harder emotionally. :/  I miss my ballet so much!  I was never thin, but I had strong ankles and danced in the pointe classes with the older girls (like I was 12 and they were up to 18ish - they hated me lol)  I am so jelly of ppl who are still dancing in adulthood.  I even went back for classws at alvin ailey and then sprained my foot reallly really bad and havent been back :p 

I did get a couple maternity gowns to try, like basically goddess-style maxis?  And I have one similar goddess-style one shoulder blakc/gold even (the invite said black tie optional, but its a Sunday afternoon (??))  So that remains to be seen - will these things camouflage?  Or accclentuate :/  could go either way....

For you this weekend, what about something A-line or fit and flare that shows your waist but then has a fuller skirt?

@Alohakumu  oh dear, i'm so sorry you're having such a long recovery with that too.  How's the foot feeling???  In the past 2 years, I have pretty much gained back <i>all the weight</i> I lost before the wedding - so if I'm going to gain another 15 lbs during stims, I feel like I gotta get on that and lose it NOW so at least I'll be breaking even!!! Lol
  • @dragonette505 Yeah, I figured it was wishful thinking that I wouldn't show any sort of weight gain. Maybe I'll just wear muu muus to work for a few months...

@BusinessWife The foot is feeling better in that there's no pain. It's still a bit uncomfortable and I'm going to resume my acupuncture treatments/check into getting an orthotic. It's really frustrating to not be able to do mega workouts like I used to, but I did go back to the gym for the first time in a long time yesterday. I can do 25 minutes on the bike and 5 minutes on the elliptical before my legs let me know that I'm done.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • @AlohaKumu When I was recovering from an ankle injury I def got to do the stationary bike... hopefully that plus the elliptical will at least help take the edge off..

@BusinessWife I have to admit.... because of dance, I'm old but ive always had a great body. I have been fine with that being a hot mess with the bloating and hormones and OHSS making me look KU... because its all been for the goal. Right now, I guess because of the losses, looking KU feels awful. A lady just offered me a seat on the subway a little while ago. No words! I am going to be ok and its all vanity really so none of it is life or death. I have two dresses I ordered when nothing I was seeing was working. I'll try them on tonight. If they don't work then I'm screwed.
    I went for long dresses because I hoped it would help distract from my belly. I really should've just got a maternity dress but it just made me sad to look at them.
    @BusinessWife ps are you in NYC? I used to be a regular at Ailey but now I take classes at Joffey ballet.
  • I'm in NJ, so not too far!  But not as close as I used to be... :/ @dragonette505

• Are you benched or TTA? 
    Benched. 

What brings you here? ECT/psychiatric treatment 

How long do you think you'll be here? 6 months, maybe.

How have things been going? Eh. Back to work/the grind this past week, but hasn't been too bad. Sister, BIL, and 8 month old nephew are visiting this weekend. Looking forward to kayaking with my sister on Monday. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? Been trying to make temping/charting a habit, but not sure if I should temp during my period? Didn't bother this cycle. 

GTKY: When you do laundry, do you meticulously sort your loads or just throw everything in the machine and hope for the best? I loathe laundry with a fiery passion. I'd go naked if it weren't frowned upon. I try to do as few loads as possible. 
  • I was trying to find a funny streaking .gif for @chellisam, but I think this is even better. lol!

Kayaking sounds awesome!
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018