February 2011 Moms

Should the DH's family throw a baby shower?

My husband and I do not live by either of our families. My family is 4.5 hours east, and his family is 3.5 hours north. My family is throwing us a shower in the town that I grew up in, and our friends in our current town are throwing us one as well. Is it rude to think that his side of the family would do something for us as well, since they are not close to either shower being held? If they do not host one, which shower do we invite them to? The one that is just friends? Or the one that is my side of the family?

Re: Should the DH's family throw a baby shower?

• wassuphoeswassuphoes member
    edited May 2015
    My husband and I do not live by either of our families. My family is 4.5 hours east, and his family is 3.5 hours north. My family is throwing us a shower in the town that I grew up in, and our friends in our current town are throwing us one as well. Is it rude to think that his side of the family would do something for us as well, since they are not close to either shower being held? If they do not host one, which shower do we invite them to? The one that is just friends? Or the one that is my side of the family?
    His family does not have to do anything. Throwing a shower isn't a requirement. If they want to do something, they can figure it out themselves.

If the host at the closest shower has the space/ability/finances to invite another person, I would invite his Mom just so she doesn't feel slighted. If the host can and is willing to host more, you can invite other relatives that your Husband is close too, but you don't have to and your host will have final say on how many people they can host. 

EDIT. sorry, didn't realize I was on a zombie of a zombie.
  • RRC216RRC216 member
    Couldn't have said it better!

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• Loading the player...
  • critianasaracritianasara member
    edited July 2017