Trying to Get Pregnant

When to test for ovulation

am getting conflicting answers when I look this up. I am using Clear blue Advanced, and the instructions say to use the first urine after your longest sleep. I interpret that as take the test as soon as you wake. However I am seeing sites that suggest differing instructions. One saying hold your morning urine for 4 hours then test, or test at 2 pm after holding urine for 4 hours, etc.

Anyone experienced with the same ovulation test and what yielded the best results?

Re: When to test for ovulation

• am getting conflicting answers when I look this up. I am using Clear blue Advanced, and the instructions say to use the first urine after your longest sleep. I interpret that as take the test as soon as you wake. However I am seeing sites that suggest differing instructions. One saying hold your morning urine for 4 hours then test, or test at 2 pm after holding urine for 4 hours, etc.

Anyone experienced with the same ovulation test and what yielded the best results?

QFP

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Reason why I ask is I am using apps like glow and it said when I entered my test results that a negative may be due to testing with morning urine so I wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding the instructions.
  • Thank you, I was trying to figure this all out including the changing user name, I will do so now. I appreciate the help, your answer clarified my question, I didn't know there was a difference in what it tested compared to others, I'll test first thing in the mornings
  • Reason why I ask is I am using apps like glow and it said when I entered my test results that a negative may be due to testing with morning urine so I wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding the instructions.
    Late to this thread. I used Glow for a while (before it became obvious that ovulation just isn't my "thing" apparently). I also used the CBDA. Always follow the instructions on the monitor rather than the app. I started using Glow because I read some article about how they tested a bunch of fertility tracking apps and it was one of the best at predicting. From what I'm hearing here, that's not true. Idk if it works (and I stopped charting a while back) because, again, I don't ovulate. But I'll be starting back up with charting next cycle using Fertility Friend because it seems to have way more options for tracking things and everyone here swears by it.