January 2018 Moms
Options

Why my pregnant self is crying 6/30

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying 6/30

• Options
    Reading all of the birth announcements from other BMBs. Oh man.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Reading Nancy Tillman's, "I'd Know You Anywhere, My Love" with DD before bed last night. Man, her books ALWAYS get me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    missblazemissblaze member
    edited June 2017

I'm also getting seriously teary-eyed reading my Welcome packet from my midwife. LOL. Yeah, it must be one of those days...

ETA: For instance, I'm reading about the private post-birth rooms at the hospital and the very last line says:

"If you have another child or other children, we like to recognize them as the Big Brother or Big Sister. This birth is a big event in their lives as well!"

Cue sobbing.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Totally had to turn off an ancient episode of Law and Order SVU this morning.  Episode started with a thrown away baby in the trash and then the switched to the scene of where the baby is in the hospital, obviously super hungry and wanting to be touched.  I start tearing up and if I hadn't just pumped I am sure I would have started leaking.  I seriously have not had that feeling since just after my LO was born.  Worst feeling!
  • Options
    My son received a package in the mail today from my gram. She sent three books to him for us to read about becoming a big brother. Cue tears for the thoughtful gift. Also cried reading one of them.
  • Options
    I wish mine was linked to sweet/sentimental/caring things...Instead I filled out a computer form that required dealing with a tax form, and then the connection got interrupted and I realized I would have to completely start over from square one. Started bawling like a 3 year old who missed nap time. Yeesh. 
  • Options
    I stress cried basically all day today. Every little thing that could stress me out did and every time I cried.
  • Options
    vjraabvjraab member
    I'm reading "The Light Between Oceans" by ML Stedman. It's soooooo sad, but I highly recommend it. I think I'd still cry even if I wasn't pregnant and hormonal. I cried for a solid 15 minutes last night and then couldn't fall asleep because of the stuffiness. STILL a good read!
  • Options
    Started crying during 2pac dear mamma on the radio ... 
  • Options
    I watched the birth episode of Counting On (the spin off of the Duggar's 19 kids and counting...go ahead, judge me
  • Options
    @carlyk414 No shame, I watched it too  :#
  • Options
    @vjraab, I balled like a baby reading that book NOT pregnant! 
  • Options
    EVERYTHING. 
    • no ginger ale left in the house 
    • my senior cat not being able to walk properly. It's time, I know. 
    • baby elephant videos 
    • facebook post re: babies dressed as Harry Potter 
    • needing to go to the gym 
    • fear of NIPT results (get those on Wednesday) 
    • stupidly signing up to work for 14 days during an otherwise 2 month long summer vacation 
    • not being able to decide what's for dinner 
    • dog rescue videos 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • Options
    I ordered the teen version by mistake of a book for the women's bible study at my church. Insert waterworks because I felt really dumb about ordering the wrong one, no wonder it was cheaper. My husband felt bad about me crying and offered to take it back for me. The study is tonight and I'm hoping there's extras to buy there 
  • Options
    vjraabvjraab member
    @cyanope I probably could've picked a better time to read such a heartbreaking book!
  • Options
    HBO is marathoning Game of Thrones right now, and I teared up when Sam was reunited with Gilly and Baby Sam after he thought they'd been killed. 

Also Ygritte and Grenn are gonna die during this episode, so that agony of sadness is coming for me.