Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO - Friday

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY:  search your first name in a gif search; post the funniest gif that comes up (FYI - typically the gif won't actually say your name... so, like, stranger danger, but keep it to a minimum y'all) 

Re: WTO - Friday

• Loading the player...
  • millpemillpe member
    Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: HIO eod, cm, bbt, OPKs, PNV, b6, CoQ10

R/R: I had a very long day at work yesterday. Was hoping to get out early today so I could go boating on the river (aka drinking) but doesn't look like that's happening. Unless I am a super productive all star. 

CS/Q:

GTKY:

Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @SkilledSailor Yay for positive OPK! I hope you have a productive Dr's visit. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @nitnat007 The game is called Netrunner.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @Dilynne OMG that is hysterical. I would have lost it. 

• @Dilynne That is awesome! I would still be on the floor rolling.  
  • @zamora_spin I talk in my sleep too but I don't think I've ever said anything that funny. Props to hubbie for the quick comeback. 

• Month/Cycle: 2/2 AL

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: bleeding

R/R: I have a lot of cleaning to do today. A LOT.

CS/Q: Okay, my doctor told me at my annual appointment in April that she'd put in a blood work request that I need to do on CD3, but I can just come in any time in the next six months to do it. Fine. I called just a few minutes ago to confirm I can just stop by, and they said yes, but they said the blood work request says it's ONLY testing progesterone. Isn't CD3 a weird time to only test progesterone? Am I nuts? (@kiki75  ...didn't we just talk about how CD3 is to test more than that?)

GTKY: 

• @doxiemoxie212 We're a little out of my wheelhouse here but I just looked it up on UpToDate and the article said FSH and estradiol level were recommended on day 3. Progesterone at mid luteal phase. 

• @fishsticks-n-custard right, so wtf, why was I told to come in on CD3 for a m$#%erf^&*%ing progesterone test???
  • @doxiemoxie212 Is he/she just a general OB? Maybe just a brain fart? But a very annoying one. 

*TW* When I was pregnant I had horrible blood pressure issues so I was told to collect a 24 hour urine to rule out preeclampsia. When I went to drop it off at the office, the nurse laughed at me and told me I did it wrong and all they needed was a urine culture. I told her she was wrong, that doesn't rule out crap, and to page the doctor to clarify. She refused. So I left, went to the hospital, and had them page the OB, who got extremely pissed at the nurse and put the order in for me. *end TW* 

So the TL;DR version: Be sure to advocate for yourself. 

• doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited June 2017
    @fishsticks-n-custard yeah, she's just a general OB... I know doctors are just well educated humans but still UGH

ETA: nope, just called to confirm, and my doctor said "CD3 to test for progesterone" WTF?

ETA pt 2: they just called me back and asked if I'm tracking my ovulation. I said yes, and they said they want to also do 7dpo blood work now, which I might be on vacation for so.... great. Yay! sigh. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Will they at least check the FSH and estradiol too at 3 days? It's annoying to have the unnecessary and non diagnostic progesterone but maybe they'll agree to the right tests. Found this link:
    https://www.reproductivefacts.org/news-and-publications/patient-fact-sheets-and-booklets/fact-sheets-and-info-booklets/diagnostic-testing-for-female-infertility/

• @fishsticks-n-custard they're only testing progesterone from the 5 phone calls I've had with them today. I mean, whatever, it probably IS related to progesterone given everything going on (mid-cycle spotting, menorrhagia, etc.), but I agree, it's annoying they won't test more. Whatever. Maybe they'll test the progesterone, realize there's an issue but aren't sure what it is, and then I can just keep coming back for blood work over and over and over and over and over because why not. 
  • @dragonette505 Have fun on your vacay!

@SkilledSailor GL today!

@Dilynne Oh my That is hilarious!

@kbamomma33 Thanks :smile: I emailed my OBGYN about doing a repeat, just waiting for her to place the order so we can schedule it. Yay for productive morning!!
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @doxiemoxie212 My most recent CD3 blood work was LH and FSH. (Also TSH bc I'm borderline hypothyroidism-ish.)  Progesterone is usually 7dpo.

Back when I started IF testing I did HCG, FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, AMH, Testosterone.

Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @doxiemoxie212 Ugh, I'm frustrated for you. But I hope you find some answers. 

• doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited June 2017
    Update: My doctor called me back... AGAIN... to say she changed the order to include FSH and estradiol in addition to progesterone, so. I guess now it's normal. But if I hadn't called FIVE TIMES, like, what? Today's blood draw would just have been entirely useless? The fack? 

ETA: omg @Pinky917 that penguin gif makes me so happy!!!
  • @Pinky917 Good luck on Sunday! Hope it shows all the good things so you can get the show on the road!
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Dilynne said:
    Month/Cycle: 17 

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Witchcraft and magic 

R/R: I'm at a new chiropractor and he comes in, introduces himself and he's like "I see you're having trouble getting pregnant?" Yes. "Well I have 6 kids between the ages of 30 and my youngest is 2" Awe kids. "I'm going to get you pregnant". Pardon? "Uhh. I mean. Uhh. Hold on" leaves, comes back. "Hi I'm doctor (name). I see you're having trouble getting pregnant. Chiropractic medicine can help with that. Not me, personally"  I laughed for longer than I care to admit. 

CS/Q:

GTKY:  search your first name in a gif search; post the funniest gif that comes up (FYI - typically the gif won't actually say your name... so, like, stranger danger, but keep it to a minimum y'all) 

My mobile gif isn't working so imagine something either kittens or maybe the raccoon one with cotton candy. 

I love your new Chiro!! lol
  • @purplg8r I just got the order from my OBGYN so I'm going to call and make the appointment (probably next Friday since he's off)
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @purplg8r GDTPT = "Get down to pound town." I think.

• **lurking**

@kbamomma33 Totally bookmarking that chart!! Great resource!
  • @kbamomma33 thank you! That's such a helpful chart! 

(Also when I went in to get my blood drawn the nurse goes, "JUST progesterone right??" NOOOOOO! Sigh) 
  • @kbamomma33 work, work, work so you can go drinking (er, I mean "boating")! ;)

@purplg8r awesome job on the run and skipping the sugary drink!  Running is my favorite thing to do...I had really good intentions to go for a run this morning. (I set out my clothes, set my alarm early, but I did not wake up!  There is always tomorrow....)

@zamora_spin. Your rave made me laugh out loud. Love your dream talking & your H's response. 

@Dilynne. Your new chiro sounds so personable and hilarious.

@Pinky917. Good luck with the scan on Sunday.

month/cycle: 3/3

CD: 9

WaYDTGKU: charting, was going to start temping again, but we came to the beach and of course I left the bbt at home :neutral:

R/R: at the beach, so I can't complain!

cS/Q:  I haven't researched this topic yet, so please don't laugh! Does anyone use coconut oil as a lubricant? (We use it occasionally--warmed up--a massage oil).  I was wondering whether it would be more sperm friendly than other lubricants...whether it could be used in place of pre-seed.

GtKY:  I'm mobile, so I may have to come back to this challenge once I figure it out! :wink: