October 2017 Moms

Any mommas going through this or have done it alone?

*if this isn't something allowed please just let me know and I'll delete it*
im very recently going to be going through this pregnancy/birth without the child's father. And I wanted either some mommas that have done it before or are currently going through it to let me know, not so much what to expect but, advice. How to make it a little better or anything really. I've shed a good bit of tears and been down but I need to be positive about it not just for me but these twins. 

Re: Any mommas going through this or have done it alone?

• yasandsonyasandson member
    edited June 2017
    Im not able to give you any advice but just thought id send positive thoughts! Ive known a few women who went through what you actually are going through and although it might seem like it will be very difficult at times, you will thrive i can tell you that much. Just surround yourself with good people (fam or other) and i know you ll always do whats best for you and your babies. 
    T&P ❤️
  • I'm going to second what @yasandson said, surround yourself with a good support system. My sister raised her two boys by herself since the oldest was 1 and they're 5 and 6 now. She's met someone since and are living together so things have gotten a bit easier but it was rough for a few years. While it will be difficult it is do-able. I believe in you momma!
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have any experience in this, BUT my MIL does. She did not have a support system and was also a very young mother. She was successful by working very hard (job wise) and being frugal. It was not easy and I know she feels hurt but getting her baby ahead was it's own biggest reward. I am faithful that you can do it too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @twinning2017 I'm sorry you're having to now do this on your own.  I don't have any advice or wisdom but I'm sending you love and support and praying for an amazing support system to build up around you.  
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Sorry you are going thru this! I have no experience with this, but just wanted you to know that you have support here too! 
  • VLillyV said:
    I don't have any experience in this, BUT my MIL does. She did not have a support system and was also a very young mother. She was successful by working very hard (job wise) and being frugal. It was not easy and I know she feels hurt but getting her baby ahead was it's own biggest reward. I am faithful that you can do it too.
    She must be a strong woman! I'm starting to get more and more confident that I can do this. Some days are better than others but I think it'll all come together in the end. It's not going to be easy but hearing that makes me feel better. I'll just have to remember other women have done it and it's not impossible. Thank you. 

Thank everyone for their positive input. You're all great kind hearted people. 
  • @twinning2017 I am so sorry for what you are going through. I can tell from your posts that you are an incredibly strong and brave mama already, and we are all here for you. Hugs <3
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited June 2017
    I wouldn't say I'm going through this alone because both of my parents and family are phenomenal,  but the child's father isn't in the picture and never will be. It was decided when I found out I was first pregnant. I'm only 22.

My situation was a bit negative in the way that he wanted to have nothing to do with it,  push me down the stairs, etc. I said I rather have my child myself and raise her full of love and kindness knowing she's wanted and loved by me. 

You're a strong mom, and I'm sorry you're going through it alone, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Everything will fall into place. <3
  • @joannabananajay I'm sorry, did you say he pushed you down the stairs? Or did I read/understand hat wrong??
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • From experience w my first... it sucks, it's sad, lonely, heartbreaking, emotional, strengthening, and rewarding. But the sad emotions carry a heavier burden at times. My parents were and are a great support system... But every first, every joyous moment, you don't get to share with someone else... which is heartbreakingly sad. Befriend other single mothers because married ones, while they complain about feeling like a single mother, they have no clue and it's horrible offensive, and honestly.. will piss you off. Dont tell me that having a spouse, regardless of how present they are or are not, IS NOT THE SAME THING AS BEING A SINGLE MOTHER. If you breast feed, join the local lactation group, new mom groups at the library, and even Facebook groups Be strong. Never accept pity. Making the decision, for your safety and your child's safety, to do it alone, is the most courageous thing you could ever do. Accept help, never handouts. Trust your instincts, they are in over drive bc you can't rely on the father. Give you child your last name. You've got this
  • From experience w my first... it sucks, it's sad, lonely, heartbreaking, emotional, strengthening, and rewarding. But the sad emotions carry a heavier burden at times. My parents were and are a great support system... But every first, every joyous moment, you don't get to share with someone else... which is heartbreakingly sad. Befriend other single mothers because married ones, while they complain about feeling like a single mother, they have no clue and it's horrible offensive, and honestly.. will piss you off. Dont tell me that having a spouse, regardless of how present they are or are not, IS NOT THE SAME THING AS BEING A SINGLE MOTHER. If you breast feed, join the local lactation group, new mom groups at the library, and even Facebook groups Be strong. Never accept pity. Making the decision, for your safety and your child's safety, to do it alone, is the most courageous thing you could ever do. Accept help, never handouts. Trust your instincts, they are in over drive bc you can't rely on the father. Give you child your last name. You've got this
    Your words are very encouraging! The twins will definitely be getting my last name. Thank you so so so much for your support. <3
  • feeislove said:
    @joannabananajay I'm sorry, did you say he pushed you down the stairs? Or did I read/understand hat wrong??
    Oh no. He certainly threatened,  and tried. Didn't succeed. Some people are outright disgusting, to be honest. Bleh!
  • feeislove said:
    @joannabananajay I'm sorry, did you say he pushed you down the stairs? Or did I read/understand hat wrong??
    Oh no. He certainly threatened,  and tried. Didn't succeed. Some people are outright disgusting, to be honest. Bleh!
    OMG. Good for you for getting away from him. He's garbage. 
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker