January 2018 Moms

Friday Ticker Change 6/30

Didn't see one yet so figured I'd get it started, happy Friday!

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What's your favorite 4th of July memory? Any big plans for the 4th this year?

Re: Friday Ticker Change 6/30

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    12! Baby is the size of a plum. 

2. How are you feeling?
    Meh. I was feeling better until the last few days.

Next week I have my pap and all that fun stuff. Not actually a pap because I just had one in March but she said she still needs to take swabs so it's basically the same thing.

None this week.

5. GTKY: What's your favorite 4th of July memory? Any big plans for the 4th this year?
    I'm not really a big 4th of July person. We threw a 'MURICA party a few years ago which was fun. No plans this year. I usually work on 4th of July because we don't get holidays and I'd rather not use my vacation time for a day I'm not going to do anything anyway. Our lot sits next to where the power lines run through and people from my neighborhood usually shoot off fireworks there so we'll probably sit out and watch those and maybe grill out for dinner.
  • @sjb2215 thanks for getting this started!

13 weeks so the size of a lemon
    2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty good. I still feel tired quite a bit and my body can feel uncomfortable at times, probably from the strain of expanding quickly.  
    I have my second prenatal check up this coming Monday and I had my pregnancy blood panel done this past Monday. 
    So excited I'll officially be in the second trimester next Friday! :) I really hope I get my energy levels back then! DH and I are going on vacation to Hocking Hills, OH in two weeks, and I need all the energy to go hiking and canoeing.  
    Hmm, honestly I don't have a favorite 4th of July memory. I grew up overseas, so the 4th was not a big deal over there. I think we are just going to my mom's on Tuesday, I have to work on Monday, so it really doesn't feel like a holiday weekend coming up. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @gusgus14 'Murica party sounds fun, we did a similar beer Olympics with that theme in grad school;)
    @darkrose88 enjoy your hiking and canoeing trip, that sounds right up my alley

10 weeks, size of a strawberry 
    2. How are you feeling?
    Still pretty good. First time I threw up was over the past week but it was after a dinner that didn't agree with me. Still tired and more burping/dry heaving
    Had our 1st OB appt last Friday now nothing for a month. 
    I asked this in the appts thread but it was at the end of the week-anyone have specific experience with Maternity21 or quad screen genetic testing? My doc said it's not required but if we do decide to do it, those are the tests they use
    5. GTKY: What's your favorite 4th of July memory? 
    When I was younger we always went to my aunt and uncles for the fireworks. We always had a hayride (country girl here), bonfire, and my aunt made the best raspberry cream puffs. Yum

10- Strawberry 

2. How are you feeling?
    every day is different but this is a breeze compared to my first pregnancy 

none till 12 week scan! 

am I really pregnant??? Lol 

just BBQ and beers, have no plans this year. Was also never a fan of fireworks 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 12, toy soldier

2. How are you feeling? Still not great, but it's getting better.

3. Any appointments this week? Just got home from our dating/ NT scan. Babe looks great!

4. Rants/raves/questions? So ready for 2nd tri.

5. GTKY: What's your favorite 4th of July memory? Any big plans for the 4th this year? We aren't huge on celebrating the 4th, we will probably just have a cookout at ILs. Probably no fireworks because DD is so scared of loud noises!

12 weeks - plum

2. How are you feeling?

I was feeling better around 10 weeks but last week went back downhill. Now I think I have a slight stomach virus. Yuck. With a side of canker sores down my throat. Gross. 

Ive got a routine MW appointment this coming Tuesday. 

Found out this week that we are having a boy. A little sad that my daughter isnt getting a little sister, but excited for the experience of having a baby boy. But boy names are SO HARD. I'm mourning the loss of the girl name I had picked out!

Im Canadian, so we have Canada day on July 1! Parade and beach front festivities for us :smile:
  • vjraabvjraab member
    13 weeks- lemon
    2. How are you feeling?
    Better, nausea and fatigue seem to be fading 
    None
    I felt the baby quickening for the first time this week. With DD I didn't notice until about 17 weeks. It was very surprising to feel this early...and NO, it wasn't gas. 

Favorite memory as a child was watching fireworks on the ballfield with my family. We will be in Grandfather Mountain visiting family for the 4th. This will be the first they learn of our pregnancy and the first our 16 month old sees fireworks (assuming she stays awake). I'm excited to see her reaction. 
    11 weeks; limw
    2. How are you feeling?
    Stressed but feeling good 
    None
    So ready for the sickness waves to fade and for my stress over our wedding to go away. 
    I AM GETTING MARRIED ON THE 1ST!!! Also will be announcing our pregnancy, which is our second. Can't wait!
  • vjraabvjraab member
    @reneelanderson You're getting married today! Congrats to you and your very soon to be spouse on the wedding and sweet baby on the way. So excited for you! 
  • @reneelanderson congratulations to you and your soon to be husband! That is awesome and I hope you have an amazing day! 
  • sjb2215sjb2215 member
    edited July 2017
    @reneelanderson congratulations! I hope you and your soon to be husband have an amazing day!!
  • Thank you ladies all so much!!! It was an absolute perfect day, the weather stayed on our side and I got to marry my best friend ❤❤