Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday - June 28

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What is one thing you are good at? What is one thing you wish you were good at?

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday - June 28

• Loading the player...
  • @KFrob - I would also like to know how to not lurk the BMBs...
    @glitzandglitter - FX you decide to TTC next cycle!!
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @glitzandglitter and @ChloandCoco lets be honest, it's not going well! lol I'm living vicariously through BMB Jan 18.  I feel slightly stalkerish. 

@ChloandCoco fingers crossed for you!

@glitzandglitter Thank you for the well wishes.  Me too with the voice!  I pretend I have an amazing singing voice in the car.  The child looks at me and says "no, no" and shakes her head.  
  • @ChloandCoco FX for you!

@KFrob I hope the kiddo feels better soon, and that you get some rest! What's your favorite thing to bake?

@glitzandglitter I really hope you guys get to start next cycle! When does your principal come back from vacation?

Are you benched or TTA? Benched still!

What brings you here? The conversation with you lovely ladies as we wait out these last few months.

How long do you think you'll be here? We're hoping to start in October or November!

How have things been going? They've been okay. *TW* Still waiting for my sister to have her baby, so that's been fun. Every time my mom calls, it's like "Is it time or do you just need someone else to talk to?" *end TW* I go back to work in about 11 days!

Any R/R? The AC in our apartment went out tonight, but we called our complex's emergency maintenance line and they had someone come out right away. They need to come back tomorrow to take care of something else related to it, which is fine.

GTKY: What is one thing you are good at? What is one thing you wish you were good at? Aside from baking, I'm good at writing and world building. I wish I was better at drawing. It would help me with cake design and things like that.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @kfrob Poor baby and poor mommy!  I hope she's feeling better and you get a break.  I'm betting she was born in January?  I like to stalk the December BMBs because that's when my son was born.  I've been good about this year so far and have only looked once or twice.  Of course, now I'm thinking about it and will probably go check on them next.

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? I'm ready for a second kid, but I need to get my iud removed first.  And DH wants to see what his theatre schedule will look like for the next year.

How long do you think you'll be here? Until next month, maybe?  I haven't made an appointment yet for the iud, and I don't actually know when they'll be able to get me in.  I also don't know how long it will take to get my body back to normal.  I keep thinking as if I can get an appointment next week and then have a normal period a week later, but then I have to remind myself that either or both of those might not be true.

How have things been going? Pretty good.  It took a year to get pregnant last time, so I'm eager to get going this time.

Any R/R? We're in the middle of this super fun heat wave and our swamp cooler broke again this afternoon.  It's like 90 degrees in our house.  And there's no shot at fixing it before tomorrow, so it's going to be a hot night. Here's hoping it's an easy fix and DH can do it tomorrow.

GTKY: What is one thing you are good at? What is one thing you wish you were good at? I am good at crafty stuff.  I wish I was good at adult things, like cleaning and calling for appointments and stuff.

• izza2izza2 member
    @ChloandCoco - Yay for almost being off the bench!
    @KFrob - If you win the lotto, just remember that sharing is caring. :wink:

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Nursing School

How long do you think you'll be here? Another 1.5 months, FX!

How have things been going? Decent. They were going great, and then I had an episode.

Any R/R? I had an incredibly realistic dream the other night that involved me being pregnant, and as a result I woke up and had a meltdown. I've had some BFP dreams in the past, but never "pregnancy" dreams, so it was different and hit me harder than it probably should have.

GTKY: What is one thing you are good at? What is one thing you wish you were good at? I'm good at taking notes. Short hand notes are my jam. I'm also really good at folding laundry, even though I don't like to. I wish I were better at explaining things, though. I tend to get off track and add in extra steps and things that aren't necessary.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @dreamscapes_ SHe gets back next week I think. Yay! I'm excited for you to be back at work soon! I bet you are so ready. Thank goodness your apartment management was able to get your AC back up and going. 
    @secretstapler - I suck at adulting too:/ I HATE calling and making appointments. Not really sure why it isn't that big of a deal but I will still put it off as long as possible.
    @izza2 - I'm sorry that is rough :( You are so close! I hope the next few months fly by for you :)
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @Secretstapler  Yup, she was born in January!  And there are a bunch of moms in that BMB that were in my Jan 16.  Glad I'm not alone  :)

@dreamscapes_ Anything I like to eat!  haha, I'm pretty good at pies.  I usual end up making a ton of cakes for all of the family birthdays.  I'm not a talented froster/decorator though.  I'm a cake school drop out!

@izza2  About a month before my DD was conceived I had an extremely vivid dream that I was pregnant.  I'm a fairly logical person but part of me feels like it was some sort of intuition that it was going to happen! FX for you!  
  • @Secretstapler I hope you get an appointment soon! I'd call them soon, to be honest. I got referred to an OB office by my PCP last month and am still waiting on the appointment >.< It's still not for another few weeks, AND it might have to get rescheduled depending on my training schedule for this new job (although hopefully they'd be able to work with it, since I've been waiting so long for this stupid appointment). I hope your husband gets everything fixed today! That's definitely no fun, especially during a heat wave. I think a lot of people aren't so good at calling for appointments. I used to be in the same boat, but I've had to do it so often lately that it's gotten much easier, which in some ways is a good thing. I do still make my DH call everything else, though, lol.

@izza2 I'm sorry your dream hit you so hard :( Are you feeling any better now? I'm so excited that you're almost there, though!

@glitzandglitter I'm definitely ready. I just haven't got my training schedule yet. They're supposed to email it to me, so if I haven't received it by Tuesday, I'm gonna call HR and ask about it.

@KFrob I'm the same, lol. I make things I like (or that people have requested). I have the stuff to make cheesecake, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. What kind of fat do you use in your pie dough?
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @dreamscapes_ I use shortening.  In a pinch when I don't have enough shortening I've added butter.  I've never tried lard though.  My grandmother and mom always used shortening so that my go to.  I know this is a hotly debated subject though!  :)
  • @KFrob I've tried using shortening, but I'm not a fan of the taste of it. I much prefer butter :) In my opinion, as long as it works for you and you like the way it tastes, it doesn't matter what kind of fat you use. Except human fat. That's just wrong.

My brain may have slightly scrambled in my super hot car just now >.<
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @dreamscapes_ Let's be honest, nothing involving butter isn't delicious 
  • @KFrob Definitely :D
  • izza2izza2 member
    Thanks guys :heart::heart:

@dreamscapes_ - I feel a little better. It was a little difficult to see babies at work today, and it usually isn't a problem. But I didn't break down so I'm counting it as a win. :wink:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 I'm glad you're feeling a little better! That's definitely a win that you didn't have a meltdown!

• @dreamscapes_ Okay, I'm convinced.  I'll make an appointment tomorrow!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates the phone.  I'm getting better, though.

And the swamp cooler is fixed!  We just needed a new pump, so DH took care of it today.

@KFrob I like to bake, but I'm not especially good at it.  And I hate the clean up after.  My MIL just gave us a cookbook for sweetened condensed milk and 2 cans of it.  I love sweetened condensed milk, and the recipes look really easy, but even with the air conditioner working again, it's just too hot to turn on the oven.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @Secretstapler The summer stinks cause its way too hot for the oven but you have all the glorious fresh fruit!  I want to bake so many pies, muffins, and crisps!  I also hate the clean up.  And I am a very messy cook, I destroy the kitchen.  But I am getting better at keeping things under control and doing dishes as I go along.