December 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY: registry top want

What's the #1 thing you want for this baby....either as a gift or self bought?

I really want the Uppababy Cruz, but DH has a hard time with the price....and we already have the Baby Jogger City Mini, which is still a good stroller. I just love how compact this is...
https://www.amazon.com/UPPAbaby-2017-CRUZ-Stroller-Gregory/dp/B01MT11067/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1498747990&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=uppababy%2Bcruz&smid=AUT6Z31O30EC&th=1

Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3

Re: GTKY: registry top want

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @breezybee...how old is your other one? My daughter is 3 and I am trying to decide if we would use the second seat feature enough. 

Or to other moms with toddlers and an infant, did you find those strollers with the standing platform helpful?
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    KirssKirss member
    On our registry we only have a crib, and sit/stand stroller. 

However first time around I can tell you the RnP was a life saver, and that's usually what I buy off peoples registries for them. 

@peachy13 We have that same PnP. I honestly don't think we ever really used the bassinet or changing table for it, our house was so small. However when we went out of town the thing was a life saver. But I loved the pattern and had to have it, still pull it out from time to time, its going on 5 years old.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Like @breezybee, Uppababy Vista is at the top of my list! I am buying it, and banking on it taking me through our next child since it can be converted into a double stroller. 
  • Options
    We already have a lot of stuff we saved from DS, but we need a new infant car seat, so that's the biggest thing. And because of that, I want to get a new stroller for the car seat to snap into for the first few months. Last time we just used a Snap N Go type frame, which was fine, but I want something this time that can be used longer term. We already have an Uppababy G Luxe which is great for a lightweight stroller, but I also want one that we can take on some of the gravel/ dirt trails around here.  Also, this time I want to get a nice video monitor.

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • Options
    We haven't even started our registry, but we're super frugal sooo there won't be any 'fancy' strollers, etc on ours (no, we won't be buying/registering for the cheapest item for everything no matter what, we will read reviews and all that). So really my hope is just that looots gets purchased for us off of our registry. Ha!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @anewadventure, I had the mamaroo for about 2 weeks w/DD. She hated it. She needed something a bit more....violent, lol. We bought an old school swing and it needed to be on the highest setting. 
  • Options
    LOL!! violent is right!! my son was never a "swinger" but it seems you sort of live or die by it with some babies. i never wanted to pony up for the mamaroo myself. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    breezybeebreezybee member
    edited June 2017
    @ameliabedelia-2 I don't have any other kids, but we're expecting twins. This stroller seems to be a favorite among twin mom groups in my city, and I've checked it out in store and I freaking luuuurve it. 

ETA - I would probably just try out the rider board with that stroller. I've found that kids who are 3 usually want to walk everywhere because they're such "big kids."  I've been a nanny for 4 families with 10 children, so that's just my experience. 
  • Options
    @peachy13 Love the look of that pack & play, just added it to my registry!

My top item is kind of a selfish one, it's a nice glider-rocker from BRU. DH insists we don't need one ("we have plenty of places to sit"), but he clearly isn't going to be the one BF at 2am and wanting a nice, glide-y snoozing place. So I'm hoping a few family members will pitch in and get one for me!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @djd0404 Yeah, glider/rocker is a good one. I would like to get one as well. I made do with one we had last time, and the back was so low and curved weird, it was just not comfortable at all.

And yes to the "violent" swings! lol We still have our Snugabunny swing from DS, and he looooved that thing. Was nice since it could swing forward and backward or side to side. He really liked forward and backward. Many Snugabunny naps took place.

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • Options
    kyrwynkyrwyn member
    I "want" to be able to finally settle on a stroller/travel system pick so we can move on to other registry things. DH & I have been debating, almost settling, then re-debating for about 3 weeks. 

My top want will probably be a rocker glider too.  @djd0404 I don't think it's selfish! You and kiddo will spend some quality time in the rocker and if everyone's comfy that's even better. (Warning: FTM assumptions at play here. But this is how I am justifying it for myself.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would say a double stroller, however I haven't decided on which one yet.
  • Options
    A glider/rocker is very helpful, but please go sit in them! There are some at BRU that look very cute, but the arms aren't the right height or the back is wrong or the cushion isn't actually stuffed that well. They are expensive, and it would suck to buy one that wouldn't actually be comfy/last. A friend had one of the wooden ones with cushions she let us have (her kids are 10 and 5, so no need for it anymore) and it has been great--except, I wish I had wrapped the arms with receiving blankets or something. DD has hit her head a few times by sitting up and then throwing herself back down into a lying position and my arm not being in the right place to cushion her head. 

As for me, we need a crib (hoping a friend might lend us one, but if not, we'll buy another convertible, probably). My main want right now are some cute New Orleans-themed swaddles (where I am from) that a friend just got for her babies. We don't really need more swaddle blankets, but I just love them!

We're also trying to decide whether to get another audio monitor (we have the VTech and it works great) or actually get a video monitor with 2 cameras instead. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    I am really hoping my mom gets us a double bob. Used is fine (god, that sounds so snobbish). She knows that's the double stroller I want and she is constantly mentioning when she sees them and how she doesn't see many of them in the BST group I invited her to on Facebook. I don't expect ANYTHING, but that would be HUGE!

MIL gets all of her grandkids their bedding so that will be nice, even though we won't get a full bedding set.

I'll be picking up a video monitor from a BST as I had major regret not getting one with DS.

We won't be registering (publicly at least) or having a shower so any gifts will be unexpected and greatly appreciated.

djd0404 get the glider! or a lazyboy-esque chair or something similar. It's worth it.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    1. Double stroller. Actually I need to find 3: an awesome one for walking around the neighborhood/shopping/to the park, a great umbrella because we do a fair amount of traveling, and a decent but cheaper one for my mom to have since she does daycare pick up twice a week and will watch both kids every other Friday. I've done far too much research and have thoroughly confused myself now and can't decide what I want. I'm also stalking a million BSTs, but I'm getting annoyed! I'd rather just buy a new Vista than pay you $600 for a 4 year old one! 

2. A video monitor that has two cameras; one for each kid. I still use one for DS (17 months) because it helps me decide if he's just fussing and will calm himself quickly or completely awake/upset and I need to go attend to him. 
  • Options
    cait5413 said:
    A glider/rocker is very helpful, but please go sit in them! There are some at BRU that look very cute, but the arms aren't the right height or the back is wrong or the cushion isn't actually stuffed that well. They are expensive, and it would suck to buy one that wouldn't actually be comfy/last. A friend had one of the wooden ones with cushions she let us have (her kids are 10 and 5, so no need for it anymore) and it has been great--except, I wish I had wrapped the arms with receiving blankets or something. DD has hit her head a few times by sitting up and then throwing herself back down into a lying position and my arm not being in the right place to cushion her head.
    That's great advice, thank you! I avoid going to stores too much, sometimes I really screw myself over ordering everything online. I'll have to plan a trip to our local BRU to sit in a few chairs and see how they feel.
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I want a City Select. But at $530 for the stroller, plus $120 for the second seat and $60 for the car seat adapter, I think DH will shit a brick. 
    Obviously we need a second crib, the toddler kit for DDs crib. I think that's it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Also!! Our rocker/recliner was a LIFESAVER!!!! I'm posting this from mine, while cuddling with DD watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    whiskawhiska member
    Ha I'm not alone - #1 UppaBaby Vista + Mesa. That's why I was asking about coupons the other day because 20% off would really help!

#2 is a rocker/glider. @cait5413 that is a great point and something I've been thinking of lately. Like how am I going to decide on one unless I can take a 10lb potato sack to BRU and sit there for 2 hours lol
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    @whiska Hahaha, our BRU is right across from Wegmans, now I want to go buy a sack of potatoes before I try them out!!
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Definitely a double stroller!
  • Options
    I think my top pick would be a Dock-A-Tot since we didn't have one with my first.

We saved our momaroo and have a car seat, so pretty much we are ready for the baby to come any day now....  :D
  • Options
    @angetralala That is such a good idea! I love chair and a halves SO much, but I didn't think about looking into one as a rocker. (I'm actually sleeping on one tonight because I threw my back out and it's the only thing I can get comfortable in.) Totally adding this to my list.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm expecting baby #3 and we got the Baby Jogger City Select double when I was pregnant with DS2. We have since added the glider board. So now we are all set with the bells and whistles, but I will say I definitely recommend it for 2+ moms, sooooo many configurations. 

There are a few items that we want to add to our list for baby #3. Any other STM+ that have experience with any of these, please weigh in lol.

1. The owlet. Seriously I should have enjoyed those nights when baby was sleeping an extra stretch, instead I would jolt awake and go make sure they were still breathing. I'm hoping this can help me with that.

2. The kiinde breast milk/bottle system. Just seems like a cool concept I'd like to try. 

3. A new high chair. After two little boys, ours is thrashed and I want one withOUT cloth this time. Thinking the ingenuity easy clean one.

4. Milk snob nursing cover. Have y'all seen these from shark tank? I think I'll love one lol 

I already purchased a Britax infant car seat, the ones I had (and passed down to DS2) are expired. I've been loving Britax with my two boys so I stuck with it for baby girl.

I know you asked for the #1 thing....I got a little carried away. I apologize. 
  • Options
    ngarciabyu i hear milk snob is having a seconds/grab bag sale.  You don't get to pick your design, but the covers are like 50%

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @ngarciabyu now I've added the high chair and kiinde to my list :) 
  • Options
    @Tennis11785 aw man I got so excited when I just read that. Looks like they are sold out though :(
  • Options
    @ngarciabyu I don't have experience with the owlet, but in one of the mom groups I'm in, the people said they wish they never would've bought it. It only works if baby is perfectly still, so there were tons of false of alarms and it ended up causing more anxiety than not!

Another thing I don't have experience with, but a couple of my friends have used kiinde and loved it!

As for high chairs, I gotta say that the best choice I ever made was buying the high chair from Ikea. It's only $25 (with the cushion). The tray is kind of hard to get off, but not a big deal. It's so low maintenance that I can just throw it in the shower to hose off. I wanted something a little cuter, so I found an Etsy shop that sells silicone mats and cloth covers for the cushion, but you don't need to. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ngarciabyu So excited you mentioned that high chair, I was really having trouble choosing one because they all seemed so unremarkable. That Ingenuity Smartclean one looks awesome!
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Call me crazy, but I'm loving the Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair. It's super cute and they can use it for a long time and not get my nice chairs all gross. 
  • Options
    @ngarciabyu
    I have heard the same about the Owlet as @vvitchhazel -lots of false alarms. My cousin had the Angelcare--it goes under the mattress. I think she liked it. It notices if the baby STOPS moving, whereas the Owlet needs them to be pretty still (which they aren't) https://www.amazon.com/Angelcare-Movement-Sound-Monitor-White/dp/B00GU07FLQ?th=1

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @breezybee we have the Tripp trapped and love it. We'll be getting another one for this one! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We will use everything from DD but we'll now need another crib, video monitor, infant seat and double stroller. I would not of survived without my RNP or my comfy rocker/ glider. DD is 2 this month and we use it every night. Not sure how she'll feel about giving up her chair. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    whiskawhiska member
    I was thinking of getting the Angelcare movement monitor or the Snuza.

My sister had the Angelcare with my two nephews and it worked great.  I'm just reticent though because all the reviews say they're crap with tons of false alarms, and the new ones with the touch pad and video monitor have a lot of bugs.  But like - if it actually worked well for us and wasn't buggy then I would love that system.

Then the Snuza reviews are overwhelmingly positive, but we'd have to buy a different sound or video monitor system.  Something I'll have to research more.
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart