October 2017 Moms

FTM Check-In / 6-27

Hey there first time moms!! I hope everyone is doing well and having a good week so far!

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: Do you have family traditions or a bucket list of things to do with baby as he/she grows up?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: FTM Check-In / 6-27

• How far along are you?
    25w + 5D

Passed the GD test and to my surprise, had iron levels in a normal range. I'm usually on the low side of iron and thought this pregnancy would push me to iron supplements. Thankfully the iron in the prenatal, food, and focusing on vitamin c intake has helped. 

Rants/raves? 
    someone finally got up for me on the subway! yay! 

Anyone using a belly bandit? 

GTKY: Do you have family traditions or a bucket list of things to do with baby as he/she grows up?

• How far along are you?  25+6

Insomnia, more indigestion than before, and my ankles get swollen/tired more often than not.

It's been a while so I can't remember?  I had my glucose test a few weeks ago and that went fine.  I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow afternoon.

Rants/raves? 
    I'm feeling huge and I'm getting tired quicker-no bueno!

Nope!

DH and I sorta started a tradition of doing something outdoorsy on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day (biking, running, hiking, kayaking, etc).  I would like to continue this with our LO once she is born.  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • winterechowinterecho member
    edited June 2017
    How far along are you?
    24w4d
    Last night I threw up  :( hasn't happened in a while and this one was pretty bad
    Nope, gotta wait 2 more weeks
    Rants/raves
    @cram314 Nobody has gotten up for me on the subway yet, so the hunt for a seat in the mornings continues
    Not really but I deff want baby to be baptized and I'll try speaking exclusively in Spanish to the baby so he can grow up bilingual. It'll be hard cuz hubby only speaks English
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @winterecho - I'm the first stop on the Q on the UES so thankfully I can usually get a seat on my way to work. I take the 6 from midtown on the way home and that is a beast. 
  • How far along are you? 26 weeks

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? My stomach (Skin, muscles, ligaments) have started hurting more often. Hopefully just growing pains! If it continues I will call the doctor.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? No Appointments.

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Recommended breast pumps?

GTKY: Do you have family traditions or a bucket list of things to do with baby as he/she grows up? We go on a whole family trip every year. (parents, siblings, nieces & nephews)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @winterecho That is AWESOME that your baby gets the chance to not only learn English, but also Spanish! Kids are so lucky to have at least one parent that can speak a different language!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @nhoover88 can't really go wrong with Medela Pump In Style... but I'm going with Spectra this time based on others opinions
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ForwardnBackward Thank you!! I have a friend that has a Medela Pump In Style, but only used it once or twice and decided not to go the BF route. She has offered to give it to me and I will have to purchase all new parts for it. Is that safe? I would love to have 2 pumps...One for home & one for work. If the Medela is safe, I am considering purchasing the Spectra S1 through my insurance because it's rechargeable & a hospital grade.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @nhoover88 I'm going to get a second pump from my BFF, so I have one at home and one at work.  I've read that you can get a new accessories kit and do a thorough cleaning and be safe, so that's my plan.  It's one of those things that I'll do with a trusted friend, but not with a stranger.  

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @cram314 I'm the first stop on the 4 in Brooklyn but the platform can get crowded before the train even arrives
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers