Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk & Questions Thread 6/26

Re: Chart Stalk & Questions Thread 6/26

• @doxiemoxie212 Actually I think your phrasing is fine because they seem like different but related questions!
  • @garnetandgoldgrace here's my chart full of dips. Just so you know you're not alone  :s I hate hate when it does this cause every time it's 'down' I worry for the next 24hrs that it'll just keep going down hill 

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Loading the player...
  • I posted this question in the IF thread, but I'll post it here too in case some people don't check that. Does anyone have any non-plastic, freezer-safe food storage products you can recommend? 
  • @beanship LunchBots Stainless Steel containers are freezer safe I do believe 

• @catlady1215 -- holy dips!! So you are currently 8DPO??
    Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @garnetandgoldgrace my chart almost always has big dips in it by the way (in spoiler) 

• @beanship I would look into glass containers with bpa free lids. Maybe check out reuseit.com or something similar. they have a lot of products that are environmentally friendly and will post in the description what the products are made of. (My initial thought was Pyrex, but I'm not sure what those lids are made of and there has been some debate over the years about the quality/ safety of their products in extreme temperature changes) 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @garnetandgoldgrace yup, well 9 today. and it went back upwards today. so I have atleast 24 hours to not stress about the downward slope lol.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Question! Do Clomid cycles make your LPs 14 days? I normally have 14-16 day LPs, but when the RE scheduled my beta, she scheduled it for DPO 14. I feel like this is too early based on my normal LP range, but she said on a Clomid cycle if I haven't gotten AF by DPO 14 I should have a beta. (If this is BS, it wouldn't be the first time my RE said something that I found out was probably BS.) With some searching I am seeing a lot of people saying Clomid extended their LPs (many to 16 days when they're normally at around 12), but not made them shorter. I don't want to go in for a beta if it's completely unnecessary and I just needed to wait 1 or 2 more days for AF. I'm paying for everything OOP and it will also increase my anxiety to get blood taken for that so early just to get a doctor-initiated BFN... 
  • @vflux33, my RE told me that clomid could change any number of things about my cycle and LP was one of the things she mentioned. She said we will schedule a blood draw for 14DPO no matter what, but I will likely cancel it unless I get a BFP at home before that because DNW to pay $200* to be told I'm not pregnant. I can get that for $2 at home. 

*thats a made up number. I have no idea what the actual cost would be. 
  • @vflux33 (or anyone), were you ovulating on your own before and if so did it affect your O day? 
  • @LazyCrane Thank you! Like I mentioned my RE has said questionable things in the past so it's good to know that this sounds normal. But yeah, like I said, I'm with you on the unneeded blood draw thing. 
  • @LazyCrane I was O'ing on my own without clomid, but O day ranged from CD 17-42. I never got a +OPK on clomid before triggering on CD 14, but my guess is given the monitoring appointment that I would have O'd early without the trigger (although since my cycles range so widely I guess I can't be sure). I do think it makes a lot of people O earlier than normal. 
  • adiratadirat member
    @vflux33 I agree with @lazycrane. I was going to do letrozole but I imagine it's the same effect. RE said letrozole most likely would lengthen my LP. 

• So, a big day TMI alert on this one (and yes, I'm calling my doctor soon):

I'm having the weirdest AF right now, and wondered if anyone has seen this before too. Usually I have heavy to medium flow for 3-4 days, but it's tapering off after 2 this cycle. That's fine, things change, but I'm also getting this really dry, clumpy, spongy, dark red discharge instead of real bleeding. I was on progesterone suppositories from 2dpo to 14dpo, then AF came 16dpo. I am almost certain I got a yeast infection (first one in my life), with itching starting 14 or 15 dpo. No discharge though. I took monistat on CD1, then the next day started getting this really weird dry discharge. Has anyone taken monistat before and had a similar experience? I can't figure out if it's the progesterone, the yeast infection, the monistat, it something else.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • vflux33 said:
    @LazyCrane I was O'ing on my own without clomid, but O day ranged from CD 17-42. I never got a +OPK on clomid before triggering on CD 14, but my guess is given the monitoring appointment that I would have O'd early without the trigger (although since my cycles range so widely I guess I can't be sure). I do think it makes a lot of people O earlier than normal. 
    I have a monitoring appointment tomorrow, so maybe I'll get a better idea of when to expect that earlier would be nice, but I don't want to get too excited about it. 
  • adiratadirat member
    @icecubeinthedesert Clumpy and spongy is probably the progesterone. Was it crinone? I was on crinone for the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy and it got all clumpy and gross so I had to manually clean out my canal every couple days. The texture was like a soft, spongy, pebbly styrofoam. Definitely call your doc but it sounds like it could be the residue from the suppositories mixing with your period in a gross way. That stuff is super gross...sorry for tmi but there's really no other way to describe it...

• @adirat, my progesterone was compounded, and it was in a sorry of waxy pill. I think it's supposed to melt at body temperature. I would periodically have some clumps of it before my period, but it wasn't spongy. I also didn't see this my last cycle when I was also on progesterone, so I'm leaning towards the monistat suppository?

TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

• adiratadirat member
    @icecubeinthedesert Yeah if it's new this cycle and didn't happen in a previous progesterone cycle, it may not be the culprit. Monistat could be. Let me know what your doc says...now I'm curious. But of course really hoping it's nothing <3 

• @adirat, the office replied that it's likely that the meds disrupted my flow, but didn't directly say it was the monistat being the clumpy part. They didn't think it was worrisome enough to come in unless the itching returns. Then they will give me some prescription meds or have me do a 7 day treatment instead of the one day I used. At least the itching is gone, and hopefully this clears up soon I guess.

TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

• @lbeach5885 I started out with wondfos and they seemed to work. The only thing is, I hate having to not drink as much water during the days I'm using them, since your urine has to be more concentrated. My RE recommended the digi ones. Just not the advanced. So I'll use wondfos for a few days and when they start getting darker I switch to the digis. It seems to work!

@beanship I know a few women who have started taking EPO and then after it messed with their cycles, they stopped. Good thinking to call the Dr to see what he has to see. Also- I am new to PCOS, but I read that women with it should avoid caffeine? So of course I've had none the last few days.  :'( I'm not sure if caffeine free green tea does the same thing? I'll look into it.
    also- can I ask how you decided on your screen name? Whenever I see it I think of the Book, Ender's Game.
  • Well, that was a quick dr google. Polyphenols and hypozanthine are the important ingredients. And caffeine free works fine!
  • adiratadirat member
    @icecubeinthedesert I hope it's all over now! Glad to hear they weren't concerned.

• I have a question re: evening primrose oil. Is it something other than the specific type of omega-6 (gamma linolenic acid, aka GLA) in EPO that impacts cervical fluid/uterine contractions/whatever? I'm asking because my vegan Omega 3-6-9 supplement contains flaxseed, borage and EPO. I've always taken this because I'm vegetarian, but all the talk about not taking EPO after ovulation has me freaked out - but will switching to a different form of GLA have the same effect...? Am I overthinking this? 
  • @beanship That's a sweet way to get your name! 
    And im glad you knew about the book!
  • Hi, I enjoyed reading through this thread lots of good information. I have a question about the way FF tracks CM and CM in general I guess. I had what I thought was watery CM on CD8 and if I put that in FF it says CD8, CD9, and CD10 were fertile days even though I recorded sticky CM on days 9-16. I had what I thought was a mix of sticky and egg white on CD11 and CD12. It was sticky but there was some that could be stretched without breaking. I recorded it as sticky but with a note that there were the stretchy pieces. I haven't had a positive OPK but I didn't start testing until CD11. Is it possible I O'd sometime between CD8 and CD11? FF says I O'd last month on CD17 but I was only temping then and not tracking CM. My temp dipped low on CD9 but I temped an hour early. I just started temping last month as well. I'm just kind of confused about how this all works. Thoughts?
  • @multifariousmermaid In order for us to help figure out if you already O'd, I would suggest posting a pic of your chart.  As for watery CM, that is the hardest for me to decipher personally because I can't ever seem to quite figure out if it's CM or just the general moisture from my vagina.   However, I do O fairly early (around CD10) so it could be possible that I get very little watery CM

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Here is my chart with watery marked on CD8
  • @multifariousmermaid did you temp all of last month? If so, was FF able to pinpoint O? (I'm curious if it has any historical data to work from or is still flying blind this month)
  • @multifariousmermaid I don't think you O'd yet because there isn't a sustained temp shift that I can see in your chart.  I would just continue to POAS, temp and check CM.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • I only started temping on the 14th of last month. That same day I received a positive OPK but FF told me I didn't O until the 17th. I think it's still kind of flying blind... 
  • @multifariousmermaid I agree with @lulu1180 but out of curiosity what were your supposed post O temps last month? Like what range/what temp was your cover line? 
  • Here is last month's chart. I bought my thermometer off Amazon it had 4 stars and is called one step? Thanks for the CM guide. I haven't had any dry or crumbly CM it's all be pretty moist and somewhat like cottage cheese in texture? Lol eew but on the watery day it was definitely all water and super watery. The 2 days with the stretchy stuff was along with the cottage cheese stuff...
  • If you've got cottage cheese stuff you might have a yeast infection. I don't think that's normal.
  • I guess cottage cheese isn't the best way to describe it. I definitely do not have a yeast infection. There's a picture I found of sticky CM that looks like mine when I was looking at how to tell the difference of types.  Here's a pic 
  • edited June 2017
    Deleted pic to save eyes! Dont know how to use a spoiler oopsy