August 2017 Moms
Options

Pre term labor?

Hi ladies! I am a STM and I am trying not to be paranoid but I have just felt "off" the last couple of days. Yesterday I had super achy hips/pelvis, BH contractions when I would walk, pain when I walked, etc.. today I have been pooping (sorry tmi) a lot and I keep getting diarrhea cramps. My lower back has also been hurting and feeling crampy. Am I just being paranoid?! What gives?! 

Re: Pre term labor?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the help ladies
  • Options
    These last few weeks are always the hardest, because all of what you mentioned are symptoms of PTL,  but also totally normal 3rd trimester symptoms.  I would totally call your OB and ask to get checked out.  Better safe than sorry,  and that's why they get paid the big bucks. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    NxyNxy member
    Thanks for the help ladies
    Anytime  :#
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree! And that's why I hate calling because I don't want to sound dumb or worry about nothing! 
  • Options
    Your doctor shouldn't make you feel dumb for calling with your concerns. If they make you feel that way you need a new doctor. 
  • Options
    Your doctor shouldn't make you feel dumb for calling with your concerns. If they make you feel that way you need a new doctor. 
    You're right! She is an amazing midwife, I just hate calling lol. But I did call, just to be on the safe side! 
  • Options
    If you are having more than 6 contractions in an hour that don't stop when you empty your bladder, drink water, and lay down on your left side, then you need to call L&D. Period like cramping and diarrhea are possible signs of PTL.  But for real, no one on this board can tell you if you are experiencing PTL.