February 2018 Moms

STM+ Check-in 06.28

How far along are you? 

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: 

GTKY: What is your ideal family size? Do you want more babies after this pregnancy?
Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
***TW***
MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
Began RPL testing 07/2014
BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM+ Check-in 06.28

• How far along are you? 
    8w 1d

DS nearing 4 and DD nearing 2.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  
    Nope. Still looking for a bigger car. Haha!

As I get farther I just can't wait to tell my kids about the baby! Especially DS

We just got a puppy a few weeks ago, the puppy stage is exhausting! Especially when pregnant. I'm starting to think that was a crazy choice lol. 

GTKY: What is your ideal family size? Do you want more babies after this pregnancy?
    5! I once wanted a huge family (4-6 kids!) uhhh no. That changed so fast after my first! Lol. We will100% be done after this one! I'm excited to start that new phase of life

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 6+3 

DS is one on Saturday!

Currently I'm most concerned about managing pregnancy with another baby on the outside this time! Morning sickness has already hit and it was awful last time, but I can't spend the evening miserable on the couch this time... Plus I don't want to miss anything with DS due to feeling crappy. 

I think I said this last time, but I'm really excited for them to be so close in age. I'm curious to see whether we'll have a little brother or sister! 

GTKY: Ideally, I would like at least 3, but I'm kind of hoping for 4 or 5. Both DH and I were middles of three, and I liked that size family growing up, though I always thought more siblings would be fun!

Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    7w 2d

almost 4.5 and almost 2.5

just trying to figure out where to put the guest bed since the guest room is about to be taken over by the nursery haha

im also excited to tell my kids (mostly the older one) she is going to be ecstatic

ugh, thought we were going to be able to use the same infant seat since they dont expire for 6 years and when this little one is born my oldest would of used it 5 years ago so it would of been perfect timing. well turns out it is 6 years from the date of manufacture, which was 18 months before my first was even born, so it expires in october. grrrr :( 

this will be the end, so just trying to enjoy every moment of pregnancy as much as i can :)
    Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 5w 6d

DS is 17.5 months old 

My biggest concern is childcare costs. Initially, I want to wait until next year to conceive so we could be out of debt other than our house. I'm also nervous how he will feel about sharing me. He will be 2 in January. 

I'm excited to see my son interact with this baby. I can't wait to see my husband, too. He had no experience with babies before our son. His confidence will be so much higher this time around. He wants to soak up the cuddle time this time around, haha. 

I'm so much more excited and less overwhelmed with this pregnancy. 

This is a tough question for me. I'd like to be a foster parent one day and possibly adopt if the opportunity arose. Ideally, we'd like to have 3 kids. 
  • @brash717 I just found out I have the same issue with the infant seat!  I might be able to use mine for a few months… But, it's not even worth it at that point. I'm not a fan of starting with convertible seats so looks like this LO will get a new one. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 7 + 4

DD is 10.5 months

My biggest concern is DD feeling neglected when this baby comes. 

Im excited for these two to be so close in age. I hope they become best buds. 

We are done after this baby. I will be 33 once this baby is born and DH jokes that we only have a three bedroom house. 

• valdezkipvaldezkip member
    edited June 2017
    How far along are you? 7w 4d

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? DD is 1.5 years

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now? I'm 150% concerned about keeping up with my toddler while exhaustion from the 1st trimester has set in.  All I want to do is go home and not move on the couch.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: Getting a new baby to cuddle and watch grow!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Has anyone seen the reports about mother mortality in this country?  I guess it's not really high but it's higher then it should be.  Anyone have any thoughts?

GTKY: What is your ideal family size? Do you want more babies after this pregnancy? We're taking it as we go.  I think one more is definitely a possibility. 
  • How far along are you?

7 weeks today

DD 2 and DS 2 months 

Not really.  Just realizing in the last little bit that we will need to buy a van because I really doubt that we can fit three car seats in a row in our station wagon. So that's  probably not going to be cheap. ... lol 

Super thankful to be able to stay home with me kiddos.  Also thankful that being home means I can rest when needed. This first trimester fatigue is kicking my butt already! 

Hubby and I were told that we would not be able to conceive children naturally. We were told that the hubby's sperm was not forms properly. We were given a less than 1% chance. We have now conceive naturally for the third time. We are so thrilled  to be expecting a third time and are excited for however many children the Lord chooses to bless us with! 
     I am from a family of 9 kids and hubby is from a family of 4 kids,  so we've always hoped for at least 4 or 5. :) 
  • How far along are you? 
    8 weeks
    5, 3, 2, and 9 months
    Not sure how my oldest will react to the news. She's been going through a bit of a jealousy kick recently which is strange for her so I'm nervous that she might not be very happy about this, especially if baby is another boy.
    None recently

if all goes well with this pregnancy than this will be our last. 5 kids seems like the perfect number for me

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• How far along are you? 5w1d

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)?  Theo is almost 2

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  A little concerned about the cost of 2 kids in daycare, but it will all work out.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I had my 3rd beta today and haven't gotten the result yet, but I feel really good about this pregnancy and am starting to let myself really look forward to seeing T be a big brother and enjoying a newborn again.

GTKY: What is your ideal family size? Do you want more babies after this pregnancy? Ideally, I would want 3 kids. But I have a long term goal of adopting one day, so this second baby will probably be my last pregnancy.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @julievdm12 We just took the plunge and got a van  :'(

How far along are you? 
    8+6
    DD is 4 and DS is 15 months
    I'm so sick now and am being the most boring mom ever. Don't worry, DD informed me that I'm "super not fun". 
    My kids are starting to play together and it's adorable.
    So much vomit
  • I get cut off on every post. Grrrr too tired to retype. Essentially, we're done after this one... #3
  • How far along are you? 
    9 + 2

17 months 

Just since we are in lake season and spend most of our summer there I've been thinking about how I'm going to manage sleeping arrangements when there is another baby. My son was a terrible sleeper and still isn't great, so I have no idea how having a baby in the same room as him will work, especially if this baby is also a terrible sleeper. I envision them waking each other up all night long...

My son has been really cute around babies the last few days and I'm really looking forward to seeing him as a big brother 

Everything with this pregnancy happening sooner/more intense than the first. Worse morning sickness/nausea, already having to pee all the time and having heartburn (both which didn't happen last time until third trimester), and ohhhh the emotions!!! I'm crying every day over the smallest things!

I used to want 4, then I nannied 2 and started to think maybe 4 was too much. Now I can't imagine this being the last time I'm pregnant/have a newborn/breastfeed, so I'm 95% sure I want a third, and I'd go from there. My family is 3, DH is 4 kind of split into two age groups. 
  • How far along are you? 
    Around 6ish weeks (still haven't had an appointment)

18 months today

Holy tantrum.  I can't help her do anything or she screams and throws herself to the floor in a fit of rage.  

I was just on vacation with my friend's kids who are 2 years apart and they play so nicely together.  I'm really looking forward to seeing my kids play together. I'm also leaning towards being team green again so we will have another delivery room surprise. 

Currently thinking about switching OBGYNs so my appointments and hospital are closer (in town vs. driving 45 minutes).  The hospital I would be delivering at is in a college town and super small which makes me nervous.  But it would be infinitely easier to schedule appointments.  

No more babies, I am D-O-N-E.  I hate feeling like crap all the time - that feeling of being hungry but wanting nothing to eat - I'm so over it.  
  • @Starynightsky24 What kind of puppy??  I brought home a puppy when I was pregnant the first time.  Oh what a mistake that was, hahaha.  I mean he's great most of the time but for a while there I was really questioning my sanity.  
  • @julievdm12 We just took the plunge and got a van  :'(

How far along are you? 
    8+6
    DD is 4 and DS is 15 months
    I'm so sick now and am being the most boring mom ever. Don't worry, DD informed me that I'm "super not fun". 
    My kids are starting to play together and it's adorable.
    So much vomit
    Sorry you're so sick! Not nice at all....

and good for you guys! What kind did you get? I'm dreading the bulkiness of it, but super looking forward to the extra room. We visit family on weekends a lot (like overnight and stuff) and by the time we pack everything, the station wagon feels so cramped.... 
  • @julievdm12 We got a Kia Sedona. It was actually pretty affordable. I'm almost sad to say I really like it haha. I was always in the "never-van" camp. It's r ally roomy and will make the whole 3 car seat situation much easier.

• RSB1982 said:
    @Starynightsky24 What kind of puppy??  I brought home a puppy when I was pregnant the first time.  Oh what a mistake that was, hahaha.  I mean he's great most of the time but for a while there I was really questioning my sanity.  
    She's a husky/shepherd mix. She's so sweet but I just don't have the energy to make sure she's not peeing on the carpet or chewing on all the things. 

Thankfully she loves the outdoors, so  she has been spending most of her time in the backyard with the kids while I sit and watch. Thank goodness for good weather! 

We had already committed to the puppy before I found out I was pregnant, or I won't lie… I  may not have taking on the challenge 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    8w4d but according to US yesterday 7w3d. OB didn't adjust due date so I'm confused. 

9 year old step son and 2 year old DS 

DS has just hit the no phase and testing my patience at every turn. Between him and nausea all I do is take deep breathes. Lol. 

My step son is here for 3 weeks (we only get him once a year because we are across country) and the love between these boys is amazing to watch. 

My OB is sending me to a high risk doctor because I have rheumatoid arthritis and tested positive for some antibodies. I have another 3 weeks of stressing until I see him. Thought I was past it after seeing my little nugget yesterday. 

We always thought 3 of our own and 4 with my stepson. We will see how this pregnancy goes but after the last couple of days this may be our last. 
  • How far along are you? 
    5+1
    10mo
    Concerned about feeling as horrible as I did last time and not being able to take care of DD as well.
    Just can't wait to have another baby in my arms. DD is going to rock being a sister.

Ideally we would have 5 kids. DH is leaning towards 4. This is my second so definitely more to come. We could possibly adopt as well a little down the road.
  • RSainiRSaini member
    How far along are you? 
    6+5

DS 14 months

I feel like my son can tell another baby is on the way because he is extra clingy and sucking up more and more...i dont mind the extra hugs and kisses though lol

I am happy to be on this baby journey again and adding to my family. 

I feel like everything is worse this time around - I am extra tired, have zero motivation to do anything, The bloating is really bad and the gas that comes along with it doesn't help.

My ideal family size is a family of 4 but I wouldn't mind another baby. If financially I am able to afford another baby I wouldn't be totally against it. 
  • How far along are you? 
    6 + 5

DD will be 3 in September

Yelling.  :(  I think this is something she picked up at daycare because her teacher mentioned she speaks up now and doesn't let the other kids take things from her. I hate that she brings it home too. We are trying to get her to stop yelling when she is mad and instead tell us "Hey! I'm mad because..." Her yelling has really cut down the past few weeks at home so I feel like we are making progress.

I'm just trying to enjoy every day with my DD right now as my only. I realize that next summer when I'm home from school (I'm a teacher) I'll have two, so I'm trying to give her a little extra one-on-one attention.

Eagerly anticipating our first ultrasound. It was supposed to be at 8 weeks, but DH and I are going on a weekend getaway so I moved it to the following week--which is also our anniversary. I'm excited to see baby and make sure everything looks good.

Growing up it was just my brother and I so I always wanted to have a big family. My dad had 2 siblings, my mom had 3, and my husband has 4. However, financially, I realize 2 kids will be a lot easier for us. So, I think this is it for us. :) 

• How far along are you? 
    6w5d

DD1: 2.5; DD2: 1

DD1 is pretty trying. Likes testing bounds. Normal two year old stuff. 

my kids arent being crazy today and are playing together, so that's a win

i. Am. Exhausted. 

we ideally want four kids. 2 girls and 2 boys would be awesome, but whatever jesus wants to give us. 

• soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited June 2017
    How far along are you? 
    6w4d.

12.5, 10.5, would-be 8.5, 7.5, and 2.5. 

Nope. 

I'm mostly just anxious to find out the sex. My son really likes the idea of a little brother, and my older two are fine with either, though they like talking baby girl names.

Not at the moment. 

I always wanted a large family. If all goes well, this will be our last baby. Closing up shop. I want my body back. I want my new lifted bigger boobies that I was *this* close to having done some years back and have been wanting for a while, but this nursing thing prevents that. So maybe in a few years. When I add up the cumulative time I will have nursed, assuming the next baby nurses for at least 18 months, that's 105+ months. Between what will be six pregnancies, nursing five toddlers, weight loss, weight gain, that's a lot of change.

So, yeah, I'm definitely done after this baby. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• How far along are you? 5 weeks plus a few days 

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? 8, 3 (well almost turns 3 in August), 16 months 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  I am a stay at home mom. Our house is 3 bedrooms/2 bath but it's paid off. It's too small by most people's standards I am sure. Not sure what we are going to do in the long run--maybe an addition or buy another house? I think I can still stay sane a few years since the the little kids will still be so young. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM:  I have my soon to be 3 year old enrolled in preschool for the fall. I think that is going to help him learn some structure and really help me out.  I think he is going to be excited for another little friend and hopefully he is going to be a big helper by February.

GTKY: What is your ideal family size? Do you want more babies after this pregnancy? I thought it was 5--lol. Now it's 6. I guess everyone will at least have a partner for amusement park rides. We won't be having any more after this one. My husband really wanted a 4th almost right after our 3rd but I believe he is on board for a vasectomy after hopefully a healthy baby and delivery this time. 
    SAHM to 3 kids- DD 8, DS 3, DS 1. Expecting one more!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    7w6d
    DS will be 5 in August. 
    With my son being 5 when the baby is born I worry that he will miss the attention he had as an only child. But I can only hope he will adore his sibling and it won't be as much an issue as I imagine. 
    We have been ttc for nearly 2 years so hearing the heartbeat this week with our son there was such a joyful thing. 
    Low level nausea multiple times a day. With my son, I had MS where I threw up daily from 8 weeks to 18 weeks. I'm nearing that window and just waiting for a repeat. 
    We are done after this. even if we wanted more, I don't think I have it in me to get back in the world of transfers that could fail/end in chemical. This was our 4th transfer and it really takes a toll on you after a while. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
  • How far along are you? 
    8w

5.5 and 3.5

I'm concerned how #1 is going to react to the baby. He's sensitive and I'm really the only one that can make him feel better. He wanted nothing to do with #2 when he was born and I'm afraid he will be that way again

I think once the shock of the new baby wears off they will both be very helpful and excellent big brothers.

Our ideal family was 4 but this baby changed that.  Guess it's 5 now.  No more babies after this for me.  I'm 41 and I'm getting my tubes tied during my C-section.
  • How far along are you?
    4 weeks and 4 or 5 days I can't remember, my siggy at the bottom will remind me once I post this

Olivia is 16 months old

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?   Mostly just the lifting and still being able to do everything I need to for DD and not harming the little one inside

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM:  I am so happy to see my little Olivia as a big sister!! It took me 6 months to get pregnant with her and so I was so worried about not being able to get pregnant again. It took hardly any time at all so I am just so happy.

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Husband has really stepped up since learning the news :)

GTKY: What is your ideal family size? Do you want more babies after this pregnancy? I would like 3 children. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you? 
    8+6. 
    DS1 with be 8 in September, DS2 just turned 6 and DD just turned 3.

DH and I had always said we wanted 3. But during and after my 3rd pregnancy I couldn't get behind having my tubes tied.  I was 28 and that seemed young.  And I spent the last 3 years wanting another baby.  Although I was finally getting to where I was starting to agree with DH that we were done and looking into the procedure when bam I missed my period and here we go again.  I do think after this one though that we will be done.  We would have to buy a bigger house and maybe a school van in order to continue having kids.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks today!

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? N is 4. G is 3. P is 1.5.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?   Getting my H a bigger car! I drive a van so I have room but he has a truck because we have a camper, so we need to find an SUV that can fit all 6 of us and tow our camper!

I love that my children are old enough to kind of understand that there is a baby growing in mommy's belly and that they have their own preference of having another brother or another sister. 

Sick of the judgement from others...yes were having a 4th child. Get over it! Not your decision!

I have always wanted a big family so I think 4 kids is perfect. No, we are done after this babe is born! I am learning that being pregnant with small children on the outside is TOUGH. 

• How far along are you? 
    7w
    DS 18 months on the 5th

I feel like a terrible mother considering I have no energy and feel nauseous all the time. This passed weekend I spent most of my time on the couch while DS watched cartoons and played in the living room.  I could tell he was bored but he was so sweet and patient with me. 

I deliver babies on the daily, so I have major baby fever and can't wait to have a newborn of my own to cuddle all the time! 

I got to see the heartbeat this week, 124 bpm!

I'm not sure, we always talked about just having two kids, but here's our dilemma: we still have two healthy perfect embryos frozen.  It feels wrong for us to discard them.  And I don't think I feel like this pregnancy is it for me...so I guess we will see after this one is born and what our life is like!

• How far along are you? 
    6+2
    How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? Terrible 2 year old boy 

Having enough energy 
    Seeing him become a big brother
    So sick. Just want my next ultrasound to come and be good so i can let everyone know why i am so sick lol 
    GTKY: What is your ideal family size? Do you want more babies after this pregnancy? I would like at least 1 more.