January 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6/26

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/26

• @KatieEl Congrats on closing - so exciting! 
    @missblaze I'm pretty sure you should win an award. That's to stink'n cute! 
    @Tlnman87 I love the egg idea! We got 11 chicks this spring and are loving it! Can't wait until they start laying! 

Re: Announcing.
    Here's our dilemma. We're going camping next weekend with a group of friends we go with every year. We always have a blast; I'm not even considering backing out. HOWEVER, I'll be 10wks+. The bloat is oh, so real. So is the waves of nausea, insomnia (hence me posting at midnight -ugh!), constant peeing (that's going to be a blast in the middle of the night, sleeping in a tent!), etc. I'm not having my first appt and US until the following Tues and wasn't planning on telling anyone until the next weekend where we are planning to tell both our families at once bc they will be here for a bday party. 
    Any advice? I really don't want to tell before the first appt but how am I going to hide this thurs - sun with people who know me super well??? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Mudge85 Love it!!

@GraceUponGrace09 Anyway you can tell them youre on antibiotics or some other medicine? Not sure if youre a drinker but you could blame just about everything on that. Saying it makes you nauseated and not feeling well. Hell Id blame bloat on it too, who's to say medicine wont bloat you? Could even say you have to drink more water while taking the medicine and it makes you pee a lot. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @GraceUponGrace09 Thank you! I can't take all the credit - got the idea from Pinterest (of course).

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @Mudge85 so cute!
    @koennia1217 I was coming here to ask if anyone watched the PLL finale! What did you think? I was super confused and disappointed.
  • @mudge85 So cure! Your husband's face is the best part!  :D 
    @livingoffpbjs Good idea! I was thinking of somehow casually mentioning it was the time of the month, hence the bloating and peeing. Idk!
  • @GraceUponGrace09, we went on an annual camping trip with friends not long after we found out we were expecting DD1. Everyone was completely clueless. No one had any inkling that anything was different or that I wasn't actually drinking. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @schaze honostly it's was way out there for me but that's PLL. I think there's been so many times where I thought the answer was so insane but the show kept going after that so I was always ready for a better answer. For this to be the absolute end I was a little disappointed. I want morrrreeee and I'm sad. 
  • @koennia1217 @schaze I was so sure it was Paige!  :D 
  • @arzrocks yes! One of my theories was it was all of their exs- like thy brought a lot of them back this season, for apparently no reason. Well except to throw us off. Lol
  • @graceupongrace09 hope you feel well when camping! I do think it would be okay just to tell people you're trying and waiting for news. Not sure if that would work with that group, but I had to do that at some point because abstaining from drinking just got so hard to justify. People were actually pretty good about wrapping up the topic quickly. No matter what, just wishing you limited MS while you're living it up in the great outdoors.

DH and I are heading to Italy and Germany. Boarding shortly. Very excited to be there (despite no wine, cheese, or raw veggies) but nervous about the long flight. My PGAL internal alarms are going nuts. And sadly my Counsyl results should be back tomorrow and I probably won't hear back until after the 4th due to travel and limited cell service. Gah!

@burnsmommy27 what a score on the insurance! Yay!

hope you all have lovely 4ths - I will likely be absent for a few days.
  • @GraceUponGrace09 I've fake drank a handful times early in this pregnancy- you could do mixed drinks sans alcohol, fill up an empty beer bottle with water or just have DH drink your too and switch when he's empty! Good luck!
  • @GraceUponGrace09 I'm not good at keeping those kinds of secrets. I hate even the tiniest white lie. I would probably tell my friends but stress the fact that it is early and that you haven't had the chance to tell your family yet. I've told a few friends that I have seen in person bc of my bloat and nausea. I just figured if I denied it they might see through it. You should do whatever you are most comfortable with. 
  • @EmilyLove25 seriously! you go before me I expect a DM so I can warn my midwife! ;)
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • geshemgeshem member
    edited June 2017
    What are the chances?????

When we told my sister a few weeks ago, she accidentally gave away to us that she was expecting too, and due within a week of us (now it's been adjusted to Jan 13, 3 days before us).

Then... tonight my DH's sister told us that she is expecting too - and due Jan 13!!

We're very happy for them of course, and I've been loving being able to talk to and commiserate with my sister about everything, but DH is very frustrated that "we've been scooped twice" and now both sets of grandparents will have to split their time between the newborns. It does mean our baby will have two cousins exactly the same age, which hopefully he/she will think is cool rather than annoying!

But still, what are the chances??? We can't believe it.

ETA: This is the first child for all of us, after several years of marriage/being together, though both sets of grandparents have several grandchildren already.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    @geshem, that is exciting for your baby to have cousins his/her age. I have two cousins that we were all born 4 months apart and are really close. Do y'all live close together that it might allow the grandparents to help out at both places?
  • @geshem I think that sounds like a blast! Fun for you and fun for your baby as it grows up. Just try to keep from comparing pregnancy, birthing experiences, babies, etc. I know what your DH means about sharing the grandparents tho! Both my and DH's parents were a HUGE help around the time DS was born! 
  • @geshem I see what your DH means, but having close cousins is awesome. My birthday is Jan 7, and I have girl cousins both on my mom's side who were born Jan 19 (by the same doctor in the same hospital room!) and Feb 9. Now the Jan 19 cousin is having her first in October.
    Hope the timing and geography work out so you all get some grandparent help in the newborn period. It does suck to get "scooped" on both fronts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @geshem, how exciting to have cousins the same age! That's be awesome as the years go by. 

You might be surprised by your desire- or lack thereof- for help. With my first I really preferred some more time alone, just the three of us, as we figured things out. I got so sick of the grandparents being around. With my second I was much more receptive; I wanted to make sure DD1 was getting enough attention that she didn't resent DD2. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @geshem yay that's awesome news. Me and my SIL both had our babies within 7 weeks of each other. It is fun to go through the pregnancy together.

Like previous poster mentioned try really hard not to compare everything. MIL and SIL hurt my feels many times comparing the babies, apparently I had "the grumpy baby who never smiles". So put your foot down if stuff starts happening that hurts your feelings. 

They are 11 and 12 months old now and are so cute playing together.
  • @geshem that is seriously crazy! The odds are staggering, I’d think! 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @geshem I wish either DD or this baby had cousins their ages! So fun.

I'm off this weekend so I was hoping to have family time, but I guess DH is going frisbee golfing tonight and regular golfing tomorrow. Ugh.
  • My bras have been torture lately, and I finally re-measured today. New measurement is at 36H, from the 34G I usually wear. Combination of weight gain and pregnancy boobs I figure, lol.

I can't afford to buy new bras for several weeks anyway, but I couldn't go any longer without knowing.

(Also for my brief bravangelizing, I personally swear by this calculator: https://brasizecalculator.tk YMMV, but I've seen it work for loads more women than it doesn't, so if your bras are hell, it's worth checking out. :) )
  • geshemgeshem member
    @kelk5 and @bainidhedubI am hoping it will be a nice thing for them. My sister grew up with a cousin close in age/geography, and they were very close growing up. We live pretty near my sister, so that set of grandparents will be able to go back and forth easily enough, and not terribly far from his sister (~4hr drive).
    @GraceUponGrace09 and @burnsmommy27 It has been great so far being able to talk about it with my sister, hopefully it continues to be great. Yes, I hope there isn't too much comparing of milestones (oh my baby can walk now, hasn't yours yet? etc.) :(
    @BelhurstBride You make a good point. I think I will want some help/grandparent excitement, but maybe not 100% focus. Still it feels just slightly disappointing that we won't be the only ones having our first baby that week. My mother did promise to stay with us for a little while (assuming that's what we wanted) after our baby is born, but that might have to change depending on circumstances with the other new grandchild (she doesn't know about that one yet).
    The only way this could be even less likely is if we were all actually due on the same day. Oh and by the way, these sisters are about 4-8 years older than us - I definitely don't begrudge them having their first babies, and I'm very very happy for them - but it's so ridiculously improbable!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers