July 2017 Moms

Can they induce you early due to hydronephrosis?

Hi ladies,

I'm 36 weeks pregnant (will make 37 weeks Sunday) and I have been in the hospital twice and that I have mild hydronephrosis - basically kidney swelling/fluid around kidney/urine backing up into kidney due to baby blocking tube that attaches bladder & kidney. I'm in miserable pain..nothing helps except Narco and I hate taking it, but I really have no choice when these "attacks" happen as I like to call it. I was just wondering what is standard protocol for this? Do they sometimes induce you early due to this or is this something that they just make you deal with until you deliver? I don't mean to sound selfish at all, but...this pain is just unbearable. I can't find much info about this on the internet which is weird since I've been told that it's kinda common in pregnancy! 

Re: Can they induce you early due to hydronephrosis?

• oheliza44 said:
    Sounds like the person you need to ask is your doctor, not us. Best of luck to you.
    Yes, I plan on asking him Friday when I go for my ultrasound...I was just seeing if anyone else had dealt with this before and what the outcome for them was. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think you've posted here before - excuse me if you have - but in the months I've been here I've not seen anyone say they've had this problem. 

Good luck!
  • @ginger1228 You're correct. I have not posted here before, only lurked - I could usually find answers to my questions by searching, but I can't seem to find much info about this. Thank you! 
  • @jonilwc - have you tried the third tri board? The 1, 2, 3 trimester boards aren't usually as active as BMB but someone might have info there. 
  • I never heard of this before, but I can understand your anxiety and desire to want an answer. I hope you don't get too many attacks and that you can endure until you see your doctor. Some insurance companies have hotlines where you can ask medical questions, perhaps look into that.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker