Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 6/27

2»

Re: TWW Tuesday 6/27

• millpemillpe member
    *Lurking from WTO*

Just jumping in to say that caramel rolls are way better than cinnamon rolls. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @mamasaurus12415 - just plain and we will put a raisin in a few of them and if you get one with a raisin then it represents good luck for the year. ITs the only time i like raisins, unlike @kiki75 and @hedgepig

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • Loading the player...
  • **lurking**

@pebbledam re Tylenol - I have never found Tylenol on its own very successful at treating headaches, but you might try a dose with a little caffeine (green tea might work if you are avoiding coffee) as Excedrin works pretty well for headaches and that's all Excedrin is - a good dose of Tylenol and a bunch of caffeine. I usually find, absent Excedrin, Aspirin to work better for headaches *but* you may have reasons to avoid Aspirin in TWW. Sometimes I get migraines and the only way to fix them is to lie down in a dark room, I hope you fair better than that. 
  • @vflux33 yes! DH grew up in NYC, so most kids in his class were Jewish and didn't have Santa. I don't even know how the kids with santas parents convinced them Santa is real. Like, how do you convince a kid Santa is real if they're the only one they know with Santa? DH's family all hate Jewish food (they hate fish and cream cheese - they all get bagels with butter...sigh) so they don't even have those fun traditions! 

I'm curious in general about the LP vs BFP situation. Like, my LP is 15-16 days, and TW when I got a positive last time it wasnt until 16 dpo, BUT shouldn't a person turn a positive like 2-3 days after implantation? And 13-14 dpo is super late for implantation. In retrospect, I was using digital tests at the time... and maybe FF just wants folks to be late before testing because, duh, if you're late you're probs KU? 
  • @looeeze: Long story short, I was woken up 3 times that night so I finally just switched beds at 2:00 to sleep in a different room. In my sleep stupor I managed to drop my thermometer behind the bed. I literally had to move the solid wood bed frame about a foot and a half to reach it. It took me a while to go back to sleep so to make up for the loss of sleep I pushed my temp time back 45 minutes. Between the time difference and my middle-of-the-night heavy lifting, I think it was off  :D I don't know why that would make it lower, but it just isn't consistent with the rest of my temps. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• vflux33vflux33 member
    edited June 2017
    @doxiemoxie212 I just can't with Jews who don't eat bagels, lox, and cream cheese. What??? Oh wait I guess if he's a vegetarian that makes sense. By 7 years old I was like "this lox is too thick and orange, where's the real lox?" 

As for the LP thing, I don't know, but I assume it's because maybe the HCG is there but hasn't increased enough to be picked up by a test. And it doesn't make sense to me why people with longer LPs wouldn't get a BFP till later anyway. Are we sure that's a thing? If it is can someone explain that to me because I don't get it at all. Is the theory that long LP'ers get later implantation? I thought the long LP was more of a progesterone thing. 
  • @vflux33 a) no one else in his family is veg so it doesn't explain anything lol b) I agree about the LP/BFP thing. I've been trying to find something about it online and am failing. Maybe let's ask in chart stalk? 
  • @notthefather Oh, that sounds like a struggle. If it was me, I'd make a note in my chart and check the "sleep deprived" box on FF as long as I temped after 3 hours of sleep. Others might discard it; I'm hesitant to do that because I only have a few months of charting under my belt and want to mess with my data as little as possible. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Yeah I'd def be curious about that. 
  • **Lurking from TWO**

Just wanted to say, SO MUCH YES, to @mdfarmchick's meme. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @mdfarmchick When in November are you going? Where's your favorite place to stay? We're doing Port Orleans Riverside this year! And the Christmas decorations make that already magical place much more magical! I love it. Not to mention, that first week in December is one of the least busy times to go.  ;)
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    DD 6/9/15
    TTC #2 with PCOS since 10/16

July 2017 Siggy Challenge- Animals Eating Summer Foods

• @mamasaurus12415 This year we are doing the second week of November ((I think it's around the 10th)), but we are doing Disneyland since it's much closer for us. I've done Disneyland at Christmas once before and then Disney at Christmas the other times. We usually have done FL on our Disney trips, so I'm enjoying our limited time at Disneyland--it's too expensive to go when we don't live as close eventually. :smile:

Honestly, I loved our stay at Port Orleans a few years ago but my favorite place to stay so far has been Art of Animation. Kidani Village was really fun when we got to stay there but the theming just isn't my favorite. Are you getting a Princess room at Port Orleans? I've always wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge or The Grand Floridian. Someday I will stay at The Grand Floridian. Haha. Do you check out the other hotel lobby decorations when you go? ((Sorry. Huge Disney nerd.))
  • @mdfarmchick I've never been to Disneyland! I'd love to go someday. I'm in MA so that's a haul for us.

I've also never done Art of Animation or Kidani Village! Last year we were supposed to stay in a villa in Kidani Village, but they were renovating so we decided to switch. We stayed at Saratoga Springs and honestly, I wasn't in love with it. The only thing I liked was that it was a short walk to Disney Springs. We've stayed in Port Orleans French Quarter too and I love the vibe there lol. I don't think we have a princess room, but I have to call them and sort some things out anyway so maybe I can ask for one.  :D I'd LOVE to stay at the Grand Floridian. We did a Disney Vacation Club tour and we saw a model of the rooms and bathrooms and it's beautiful. I haven't looked around in any other lobbies other than where we've stayed so far, but now I have that as an idea for this year!
    DD 6/9/15

• @mamasaurus12415 I'm just going to casually mention that there is a gigantic, you can walk inside of it, gingerbread Victorian house in the lobby of the Grand Floridian every year that I would love to see in person. Haha! ((Also, Kidani Village wasn't my favorite theming, but it was cool to see giraffes every morning in the way to breakfast and Jamba Juice is my favorite there!))
    Interesting about Saratoga Springs. We had the option to stay there but I opted for Art of Animation because the bus rides were so much better to everywhere except Magic Kingdom. It is a good location, doesn't share buses with another route and the theming there is amazing. I LOVE the Finding Nemo pool. 
  • Month/cycle: 18/14 

CD/DPO: 22/6

Timing: -2, -1, 0

Testing: CD 14

R/R: Trying very hard not to think about it. Not symptom spotting. Not getting excited. Just completely pretending that I'm not hinging my last hope on this last cycle for the year! It's going pretty well so far, resisting the google urge. A lot of things are similar to last cycle so I'm able to brush it off. Only thing that's different is a lot of creamy CM. And heartburn. But as we all know, 6 dpo is way to early for symptoms! So I'm not thinking about it. Ha ha.

CS/Q: Nothing out of the ordinary.

GTKY: When I was a kid, we had family traditions. Friday we ordered pizza and watched our favorite T.V. show. We always went to an amusement park every summer. Christmas Eve we opened a gift not because my siblings and I wanted to particularly, but because my mom couldn't wait. We had dinner at the table and prayed over the meal. We carved pumpkins on newspapers on the kitchen floor for Halloween, and we colored eggs for Easter. I loved all of those things. When my parents divorced it was gone, and I fought to maintain some of the traditions. I still do. My husband is not a traditional kind of guy. He doesn't care about holidays. I can't wait to have kids to share it with.
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• @mdfarmchick That sounds amazing and I'm definitely gonna have to drag DH there to check I think out.  :D The theming of Saratoga Springs just wasn't what I'm into and honestly, our villa was a little outdated. I must say though, that we ate one night at their table service restaurant (not the grille one) and they were exceptional with my overtired 18mo.
    DD 6/9/15

• @Mythril: that broke my heart  :(

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Thank you for the input @looeeze! I already have it marked as sleep deprived. I'll probably just leave it. It shouldn't matter anymore anyway. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• **Lurking from WTO**
    @hedgepig --making homemade cinnamon rolls is a holiday tradition for me too!  I loved your suggestion of adding orange zest...I will totally try that soon!
    @notthefather --yes! Pioneer woman All the way!  I love that the recipe makes 7 pans, so you can freeze some or pass some out to friends
  • @garnetandgoldgrace - Growing up we played Trouble, Sorry, and Monopoly on NYE. I have a dane/mastiff mix and she is just the sweetest dog. I'm not sure I'll ever get another dane, though.
    @hedgepig, @kiki75 - NOOOOO! NO RAISINS! :D
    @notthefather - I really don't like removing temps unless it seems necessary.
    @Zamora_spin - Even with caffeine, Tylenol doesn't work for my headaches. The only thing that really gets rid of a migraine for me is Maxalt. I took Excedrin when I got home from work this morning and that helped.
    @Mythril - I'm sorry that your traditions fell apart after your parents' divorce. How old were you then?

Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    @Mythril Good to see you. FX so stinking hard for you.  <3

As for the rest of you, it turned into quite the day and I didn't make it back for full replies. I'll just leave y'all with this

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • thisnthat314thisnthat314 member
    edited June 2017
    Month/cycle:  3/3

CD/DPO:25/11

Timing:0,-1,-3

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: broke down and did. Neg but boy can I stare a line into a stark negative. Its a talent really...

R/R: if my period comes I'm going online and buying a thermometer. I just need to do it. If anyone has suggestions on brands let me know

CS/Q: naw

GTKY: What's your favorite family tradition? This question makes me sad because we always went to my dads house and he made a huge branch Christmas morning... but this past January he moved to Florida so I guess that tradition is out the window  :'(
    edit to add : christmas morning
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    @thisnthat314 Most of us use Mabis. It's available from Amazon for about $9. Hope you don't need it, though.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @pebbledam -- I get it. Big dogs can be so much work... especially when it comes to cleaning. It's why I am hesitant to raise another service dog until we have a bigger back yard 
    Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @notthefather I didn't mean to break your heart!

@Kiki75 Thanks! :)

@pebbledam I was 9 when they told us they were getting a divorce, and they finalized it on my 10th birthday. It didn't really bother me so much at the time, I was a chill go-with-the-flow kid. Wasn't until I was a teenager that everything kind of fell apart. But I'm back together again, so I think it's fine. :D
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• @garnetandgoldgrace - *TW* My Dane mix was just diagnosed with osteosarcoma. She's 4. I don't know that I can go through this again. *TW*
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @looeeze Sorry for the slow response on the recipe... I had to get on my computer to get it. This is the recipe that I've used forever, but I also sometimes use the one out of the King Arthur Flour cookbook now too. Try them!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @pebbledam -- I had to google that and just reading the description made my heart drop. I am SO sor
    Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @hedgepig woweeee! Thanks a ton :)