TTC After a Loss
Options

TTC after D&e TW

my husband and I had planned to start TTC this summer. It got pregnant a bit early in February. It was a rough start, a lot of morning sickness. I did not have that my first pregnancy. I wasn't as excited as we were a bit caught off guard.
Time passed and I began to feel better and get excited for the pregnancy! I spotted at 11 & 14 weeks but all was normal. My husband and I had intercourse at 16 weeks, I developed at UTI and bacterial vaginitis with more bleeding. The bleeding never stopped and my water broke at 20 weeks. I had a D&e. 
I feel guilt for not being excited in the beginning, deep sadness and emptiness. I feel worse than I imagined. We were so excited for a baby girl (we have a boy) and now I'll never get to see the little face I watched on the ultrasound... 
the only thing I currently find peace in is that we will try again. Can anyone relate?
I spoke to the doctor while I was out of it after the D&e and I do not remember the conversation. 
Can anyone offer hope or advice as to how long they waited to try again? When they got their period? How long it took to get pregnant? And how their pregnancy was?  I understand these are all questions I should ask the dr and I will but I have been finding solice here and greatly appreciate all of your stories. 

*also if anyone can share how to change my username 
DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow

Re: TTC after D&e TW

• Options
    First off, sorry for your loss. :( It sounds like a very traumatic way to lose a child. I hope you can find support here.

Secondly, I'm not going to be the success story you want to read about, but I will give you the information that I have. I have no living children. My first pregnancy ended with a D&E at 8.5 weeks. It was a suspected molar pregnancy, which is why I had to have a D&E but it tested fine to be just a missed miscarriage (phew). I got my period 5 weeks later (I usually have a 35-37 day cycle, so AF returned 'on time' for me). It took me 7 cycles that felt like an eternity to get KU again. I started spotting at 5 weeks with the second PG and lost it through a natural MC. Then it was a few more cycles and I got PG the third time, but it was a quick CP. I barely got to get excited for a few days and lost it. After that we were benched for several months while going through RPL testing. That all came back clear so we tried again, and it took us a few cycles to get KU, just to end up with another CP. We are currently benched while under going more RPL testing with a different RE.

You'll need to talk to your OB at your follow-up appointment to find out how long you need to be benched, personally. Since you were a bit further along, it could change how long you need to wait to TTCAL.

Also, in the upper right corner of the screen are little icons that look like a person and a star, etc. You should be able to go into your preferences/settings and change your username through there.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    I have no good advice or even a personal story because my loss was recent, too.  I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry for what you've been through and I hope you not only find good answers to your questions, but that you also get to enjoy a new and healthy pregnancy soon.