Trying to Get Pregnant

D&E story TW

shri929shri929 member
edited June 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
my husband and I had planned to start TTC this summer. It got pregnant a bit early in February. It was a rough start, a lot of morning sickness. I did not have that my first pregnancy. I wasn't as excited as we were a bit caught off guard.
Time passed and I began to feel better and get excited for the pregnancy! I spotted at 11 & 14 weeks but all was normal. My husband and I had intercourse at 16 weeks, I developed at UTI and bacterial vaginitis with more bleeding. The bleeding never stopped and my water broke at 20 weeks. I had a D&e. 
I feel guilt for not being excited in the beginning, deep sadness and emptiness. I feel worse than I imagined. We were so excited for a baby girl (we have a boy) and now I'll never get to see the little face I watched on the ultrasound... 
the only thing I currently find peace in is that we will try again. Can anyone relate?
I spoke to the doctor while I was out of it after the D&e and I do not remember the conversation. 
Can anyone offer hope or advice as to how long they waited to try again? When they got their period? How long it took to get pregnant? And how their pregnancy was?  I understand these are all questions o shoukd ask the dr and I will but I have been finding splice here and greatly appreciate all of your stories. 
DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow

Re: D&E story TW

• SOLICE not slice 
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • edited June 2017
    @Knottie1458315846 Welcome to TTGP.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm glad you're planning on asking your doctor about these questions.  Some doctors recommend different things for this, so even if you see someone wait more or less time than your Dr recommends still just follow his/her instructions.

Wishing you the best in your journey moving forward.  I hope you get involved in the community here.  Check out the Newbie thread, intro, etc.  It's such a great support system!

ETA - I would also suggest changing your name as soon as you get a chance.  To do so go back to The Knot and change it from there.  It's really hard to recognize you, tag you, when you have a username like that. Also please add "TW"  aka trigger warning to your thread title here since it discusses loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • looeezelooeeze member
    edited June 2017
    First: I'm so sorry for your loss. This board is for women trying to get pregnant, not for women who have been pregnant, so your question would probably be better suited to one of the loss boards here or maybe perhaps here. There's also a TTCAL weekly thread here in TTGP that you're welcome to join once you're ready to TTC again. I'm sorry that I don't have any better advice to offer you, and I hope you find what you're looking for.
  • @Knottie1458315846 First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss. That must be very hard. I'm not the best with comforting words, but I really hope you find some solace. 

That said, this board is primarily composed of women who are still trying to get pregnant, many with their first. We do have a lot of ladies who have had early losses (myself included) and a few who have had later term losses. You might find more women who have similar experiences to yours on one of the loss boards than here on TTGP. 

I definitely recommend talking with your doctor about how long you may be prescribed to be on pelvic rest. If/when you're ready to start TTC again, this is a great board! Please check out the pinned threads at the top which have a lot of valuable information, intro in the weekly newbie thread, and join us in the WTO/TWW threads. We also have a weekly TTC after loss thread which might be something you'd like to join. 

Finally, just a suggestion - you might want to change your username from "Knottie____" to something else because it's really hard for people to tag you with that username (there are SO many knotties! lol). I think you have to go back on The Knot to change it, and then log in and out for it to take effect.

Again, sorry for your loss, I hope you're able to move forward, and if/when you're ready to start TTC, join us! :) 
  • purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited June 2017
    @Knottie1458315846 I'm so sorry for your loss. I've never been pregnant, so I don't have a story to share with you, but I'm sending you many internet hugs since it sounds like you're going through a tough time. And thank you for adding that TW to your post title. It was very considerate, and we all appreciate it. :)  
  • Thank you all, I can't figure out how to change my username?? I appreciate all of the suggestions. I'm still getting familiar with the different boards and acronyms 
  • I've never had to change mine... hopefully someone else will comment with instructions! 
  • Thank you all, I can't figure out how to change my username?? I appreciate all of the suggestions. I'm still getting familiar with the different boards and acronyms 
    You have to go back to the knot website (not the bump) and edit in your preferences there.  It's dumb.
  • @Knottie1458315846 - I'm so sorry for your loss. <3   **TW** I had an early MC, and I was completely unprepared for how terrible I would feel about it. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. **end TW**

If you would like, join us in the TTCAL weekly thread. That's the best place on this board to talk about loss with other ladies that have gone through similar things. Here's the link for this week's thread:
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12711488/ttcal-check-in-week-of-6-26/p1

• Thank you!
  • @Knottie1458315846 I'm so sorry for your loss. Please do join us in the thread and boards mentioned. I went through a loss recently and many of your feelings are familiar to me and will be to the other loss moms as well. 
  • So sorry for your loss- I can relate. Check out the TTCAL board too- they were such a comfort to me when I went through it twice in 2013.  <3