August 2017 Moms

Tuesday ticker mommas!

How far along are you & how big is baby?    

Upcoming appointments?   

Symptoms?  

Cravings?  

Rants/Raves/Questions?   

GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy? Your least favorite? 

Re: Tuesday ticker mommas!

• tova24tova24 member
    How far along are you & how big is baby?    
    34 weeks today! Baby is as big as a basketball hoop.
    Upcoming appointments?   
    I have my 34 week appointment on Friday. I have a long list of questions for my OB (hey, I'm getting my money's worth!) and want to get my ionized calcium levels checked. 

Symptoms?  
    Super tired, still throwing up, muscular pain around my pelvis. I'm also pretty grouchy!
    Cravings?  
    Watermelon! It's so good. I ate a whole one the other day. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Question: when do you put your "go bag" in the car? I feel like nothing has been predictable with this pregnancy and just rather keep it in the car. Follow up question: it's super hot in Texas, will my bags be ok in the trunk?

GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy? Your least favorite? 
    Favorite part of this pregnancy has been seeing the ultrasounds and watching him grow! Least favorite part has been the nonstop puking. At first I had an irrational fear that I would choke on my vomit and die alone in my bathroom/ my dog would eat me after he realized I wasn't going to feed him. So glad that hasn't happened!

• How far along are you & how big is baby?    
    34 weeks. Baby feels huge! But I'll find out a close size Thursday at ultrasound.
    Upcoming appointments?   Thursday growth scan

Symptoms?  Nausea is back. And horrific leg cramps still. Exhaustion.

Cravings?  Nothing specific

Rants/Raves/Questions? Those of you that baptize as infants...who are you using as sponsors? We are kinda stuck because we don't have many options.

GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy? Your least favorite? Favorite part has been the kicks. She is super active. Least favorite is the constant nausea.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?    34 weeks! For some reason this feels like a big milestone, but its not . . . just 6 more weeks. 

Upcoming appointments?   nope, I somehow got ahead, and so I had my 34 week one last week, so I go in for 36 weeks when Im actually 36 weeks. 

Symptoms?  Heartburn is nuts, and the swelling in my feet is annoying, but its manageable.  I just have to make sure they are up enough during the day. 

Cravings?  ice cream, all the time! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?   My shower is in 2 weeks, and stuff is coming off the registry, which is fun. My mom is stressing about the shower, and I dont know why.  She wont tell me, or ask for help, so I have to try and defuse when I can, even though I dont know how. 

GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy? Your least favorite?  The kicks! I always wondered what they felt like, and there really isnt anything like them.  My least favorite is the heartburn and swelling.  I am not enjoying waking up about to throw up on stomach acid, and having to keep my feet elevated all the time.  I really just want those things to go back to normal! 

@tova24 I would say, either have them clearly labeled in your house, and have a family member bring them, or leave them in your car.  I am planning to have mine packed and probably in the nursery so we can just go grab them when we need.  But I know that as of 37.5 weeks Ill be exclusively WFH, and we wont be going too far from home, so we should be all set to go grab them when its time. 

@belmont1785 Im sorry you have been sick for the majority of this pregnancy!
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @tova24 like others have mentioned, I might just leave them in the house. Have them close to the front door. You truthfully won't need much until Landon is born anyway. Do you have someone that will be coming to the hospital with you? You could make sure they know where the bags are in the event you're not home when you go into labor.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • tova24tova24 member
    @aehogan90 and @littlebug2010 I don't really have a person who is going to the hospital with me. My close friend who lives here is also pregnant (our due dates are 1 day apart) and I don't think she'll be a dependable choice  :/
  • Oh @tova24, Im sorry! I wish I could be there to help (but considering we have the same due date, that might not be the best plan!). 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @tova24 I'm so sorry.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @tova24 you can keep the bag in the car as long as nothing in there could melt (beauty/self care products). In reality, the hospital will have most of those too if you are ok using a brand you don't probably know. 

@belmont1785 DD's sponsors/Godparents (depending on what your denomination calls them) are my sister and DH's cousin. It's pretty typica in my immediate and extended family that siblings are chosen. DH is an only child. For this one, it'll be my brother and who knows otherwise. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• kvh22kvh22 member
    @belmont1785 in my family, our godparents were our parents siblings except for my sister's godmother which was a close family friend at the time who we grew apart from. DH's godparents were close neighbors that his parents were and still are extremely close with so friends can be a good idea if you think you'll stay close.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Thanks for restarting this, @belmont1785!

How far along? // 32 weeks & baby is the size of a squash/cucumber (doubtful; I feel like she's way bigger)

Appointments? // Just had my 32 week appointment this evening! All is well :)

Symptoms? // Oh gosh, what isn't a symptom at this point. Heartburn, restless legs, insomnia, stretch marks, being emotional, back aches, general discomfort

Cravings? // Chocolate, as always (as I sit here eating a Milky Way in my epsom salt bath) and fast food---esp McDonald's and Wendy's 

Rants/Raves/Questions? // Mainly just not being able to sleep. I'd say I get 3-4 hours of sleep a night. I'm super thankful that my "job" (teaching one college class & Beautycounter on the side) allows for a serious morning nap, but I'd reaaalllllyy rather just get a normal 8 hours a night. It's starting to make me a wee bit batty. 

GTKY:
    Favorite: kicks! For sure. It's amazing to feel her being so active. It'll be weird when she's outside my body and I don't feel them anymore!
    Least Favorite: oddly, how insecure I am about my stretch marks. I've never had any, and I have really fair skin so these are super purple and really stand out. I guess I'm just surprised at how insecure they make me.

• For our DD we used my sister and my dh's only brother. I have 3 other siblings that I would like to use for this babe but two of them live far away and may not be able to make it for baptism (I've already asked the pastor and he won't do a private service). My other one is only 15 and has down syndrome so not really the appropriate age and I don't think he would quite grasp what it means (even though in the future we'd use him as an honorary one in addition to someone else if we have another child).

I feel so lame/sad saying this but we also don't have a lot of close friends. Not close enough that I feel comfortable asking them to be sponsors/Godparents.

We may just have to use the same people over again which seems odd but I don't see any other choice.