February 2018 Moms
Options

Anxiety & Pregnancy

How does everyone handle their anxiety? Specifically dying/worry of having medical conditions?

Re: Anxiety & Pregnancy

• Options
    I am on Zoloft for this pregnancy. And I have monthly therapy sessions. I have a long history of depression and anxiety though. I let worry get the best of me last time and ended up being hospitalized for PPD and PPA. If there is anything I can stress enough to women with horrible anxiety and worry while pregnant, talk to your doctor about it ASAP. Don't wait like I did. I didn't enjoy my last pregnancy at all because of it. And I missed out on bonding with my daughter those first few months. 

• Options
    There's a thread called "How do you handle the worry?" a few posts down where many have already answered this question. 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as you @meatball37 I've been on and off medication for years. Decided to try other alternatives when pregnant with DD3 but it was the biggest mistake. I ended up back on my meds during my second tri. I now know the signs of when I should bring it up to my doctors. Thanks for encouraging others to talk about it, I also agree that it is an exceptionally important topic. Also adding, prenatal anxiety and depression is very real. @momma-and-babyk hope you can talk to your doctor about any issues you are having. The hardest part is that first step. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16