January 2018 Moms

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Big 'ole TW to the Bump's desktop site.  It is so full of bugs and issues I can barely read a couple posts on a thread before the site crashes or locks or generally freaks out. :|

Jan '18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Loading the player...
  • @scatteringashes Same! I'm strictly on mobile and have no idea if someone tags or quotes me. Annoying! 
  • @huskymomma94 with boy number three on the way I am right there with you, and ready to rage blackout at the next person who implies I'm disappointed. People suck.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @KatieEl  It's awful. Having three little boys will be so amazing!!! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Shanski70 that's a good response, I probably will use it! I seriously cannot believe how rude people are. 
  • @gusgus14 it's the worst. Even When they don't say anything but you see them staring. Ugh. I also had a co-worker that would rub my stomach every time she saw me while saying "don't you hate it when people do that?" Um yes. Do not touch me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @huskymomma94  and @KatieEl That really annoys me for you! Having ANY mix of sexes of children (i.e. 2 boys, a boy and a girl, 3 girls, 5 boys) is a unique experience! There is no way for anyone to say one arrangement is better/the best… you know what? I’ll have a boy and a girl, but I will not know what it is like to raise two sisters or two brothers and see that special bond. 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @gusgus14 another good response is "nope! That's the chipotle I had for lunch!" I get the bloat hardcore around 12-14 weeks and it's definitely not baby. 
  • I'm totally on the same page as you about the having a girl comments. I also have 2 boys and I am pregnant with my third and will be happy with either. I'm so sick of the "you need a girl" comments. Actually had someone tell me it better be a girl this time and if it's not I need to keep trying till I get it right. It makes me not even want to tell people the sex once I find out. 
  • People are crazy. I realized during my first pregnancy that pregnancy is one time in your life where people literally think they can say and do whatever they want to you. It's so disrespectful. 

My girlfriend had 2 boys and when she was pregnant with her 3rd she just told people they weren't finding out the sex just because they didn't want to hear people's insane comments if they were having another boy. 
  • @EmilyLove25 I flipping love reading internet drama...I'm headed there now!

Jan '18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @Cantw82bamom I agree people are crazy. I had forgotten about all the unwanted comments and touches. I remember after DD had her 6 week shots I took her into my work for people who are close to me to see. Some chicken didn't even walks up to me takes DD and says here let me show you how to make her stop crying. Um hell no stranger give me my child back.

*** heading over to March to lurk the drama***
  • @EmilyLove25 woah, that makes me super thankful for our month group!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmilyLove25 stupid mobile bump isn't giving me the option of March 18 yet.... now I'll have to wait for the drama :neutral:
  • I can't believe people are so rude about other people's bodies. Nobody has said anything to me (yet) but definitely using some of the comebacks mentioned if it happens.
  • We can always count on you to keep us informed of the drama on other boards, @EmilyLove25! I'll have to go check it out!
  • Oh boy thanks @EmilyLove25
    Both their intro threads were shut down
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can relate to the boy/girl comments. Every person except for my mom has said: It's a boy this time. I am really excited for either option. My sister and I are so close and have a special bond, but knowing what it's like to be a boy mom would be special too. Either way, I'm thrilled.

What's not cool is: DH's extended family commenting (for the last 5 years) that he is the last of the family name and we need a boy to carry it on. Not our problem.

• edited June 2017
    @EmilyLove25 Alas, by the time I was at my computer and able to get there, it was all scrubbed pretty clean. 

That said, I seem to have found a cached version without the TOU scrubbing to see the drama because I am a bad person. If anyone else wants to enjoy other people's drama. You can't see all the replies, but it does have the post that points to the poster's other threads. They're all pretty cleaned up, though, so mostly, as far as I'm able to see, she's just been kinda clueless?

Edited to clarify: her post history has been cleaned, except for her initial posts in her own discussions, so the decisions by the powers that be to delete everything involved makes it look like she's been clueless rather than malicious/shitty.
  • Thanks for the drama @EmilyLove25 & @scatteringashes !  It will give me some entertainment tonight.  I'm glad that our board isn't like that but sometimes it's so hard to look away from other people's trainwrecks.

I'm with @scatteringashes & @GraceUponGrace09 .  I hardly Bump on mobile anymore because it won't tell me which threads have been updated or if I have any notifications.

@huskymomma94 - I'll be a FTM but I totally get you.  So far we've gotten lots of boy comments - DH & I don't care either way, but I can't help but feel like if it's a girl that everyone else will be disappointed.

@gusgus14 - Gross.  I haven't told work yet, so I'm just waiting for one of the old biddies in my office to make a comment about my weight (or my diet - luckily the frequent urination usually sticks to the hours I'm at home).  I don't know why people feel like they have the right to comment on other people's bodies like that.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @WildMagelet I did recently discover that the "new" icon doesn't show up when I first load up the board, but will if I immediately hit the refresh button in the corner. So that helps me keep up with threads I'm on, a bit. I'm very rarely at my computer these days, so it's mobile or bust.
  • kelk5kelk5 member
    @Dani0329 that is frustrating about your DH's extended family. You should just tell them that if it's a girl she can choose to carry on the family name if she wants to, it doesn't require a male.
  • @kelk5 That's a great response! Putting it in my pocket, thank you!

• Same with me, @scatteringashes, I always have to refresh.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• EagsEags member
    @EmilyLove25 Alas, by the time I was at my computer and able to get there, it was all scrubbed pretty clean. 

That said, I seem to have found a cached version without the TOU scrubbing to see the drama because I am a bad person. If anyone else wants to enjoy other people's drama. You can't see all the replies, but it does have the post that points to the poster's other threads. They're all pretty cleaned up, though, so mostly, as far as I'm able to see, she's just been kinda clueless?

Edited to clarify: her post history has been cleaned, except for her initial posts in her own discussions, so the decisions by the powers that be to delete everything involved makes it look like she's been clueless rather than malicious/shitty.
    This may be an UO rather than calling it a TW, but I liked the old bump better for this exact reason. Why "clean" the post to make it look like she's just clueless and everyone is just being oh-so-mean to her?? 
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • edited June 2017
    @eags Having not been here before this board (I was on BabyCenter with my son and that place is a dumpster fire, lol), I don't know when that change came. I get that unmoderated communities get ugly, but it seems like a bit too much oversight. 

That said, after thinking in it -- other posters had a "Removed for ToU Violations" on them, whereas her posts are just gone. Is it possible that she deleted them to give that impression? The internet drama thickens, lol.
  • Anyone care to fill in those of us who missed the original? The admin-scrubbed thread doesn't make a lot of sense with only like 5 posts left intact...

And here I was JUST thinking that we're so drama-free so far, compared to D17.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• I didnt catch everything, I caught some. Im sure someone else knows more. But it looked like someone who was in the TTGP forum basically bragged about their positive preg test in the TTGP forum. I think I missed some other things too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh I missed it too! My app didn't update until today showing the March group and now I can't see anything. 
  • By the time I looked at thier intro threads it was mostly scrubbed and deleted. From what I gathered she was super rude to the TTGP group and then she made a new account. Not sure how the girls figured out she made a new account. Or maybe she just changed her SN.
  • LemmyRNLemmyRN member
    edited June 2017
    I didnt catch everything, I caught some. Im sure someone else knows more. But it looked like someone who was in the TTGP forum basically bragged about their positive preg test in the TTGP forum. I think I missed some other things too.
    From what I gathered in the TTGP it wasn't just a brag, it was a smug F you all... way worse. 
    ETA
    and seeing how no one got banned, there must've been some sympathy for the flames 
  • @LemmyRN Yes, I know I mustve missed quite a bit because people were saying it was terrible and hateful

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It looked like 1 person got banned sadly :(
  • Man, I was going to read it yesterday and then forget. I missed all of the drama!
  • @cyanope Me too! I was disappointed. I was looking for some entertainment.