Post your random thoughts here. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/26

• Loading the player...
  • @bridge-and-wall Happy birthday!! I hope you get a nap when you get home at least!

• @bridge-and-wall happy birthday!
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• Random question from a FTM (forgive me if this is really stupid...) if I think I'm in the beginning stages of labor and not in too much pain is it safe to drive myself home from work? Since I plan on working right up to the end I'm wondering what I'll do if I go into labor at work. If I leave my car here overnight it will get towed. I think, if I have time, the best thing to do would be to drive home and have my SO meet me there to take me to the hospital. Home is about a 30-60 min drive from work, depending on traffic. Is that a terrible plan? 

Happy bday @bridge-and-wall!!
  • @jenn622-2 When I thought I went into labor with DS, I wanted to drive to the hospital because it was only 15 minutes away, but my work wouldn't let me drive myself, they said my husband had to come get me, so you might not have a choice, I think it's a liability thing on their part.
  • @kaylaakosua great minds. I just bought a wrap this morning, too. What did you get?
  • kaylaakosuakaylaakosua member
    edited June 2017
    @lilpoots Girasol Soul Rebel Azarafan Diamond Weave. I've been trying to replace my Girasol Marley RS but found this instead. Bonus! I am going to convert my current Marley (size 5) into two RS and sell one, basically breaking even!    What did you get? 

Picture found on Google

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @kaylaakosua I love the colors and that diamond weave is gorgeous. Is it a base size wrap or a shortie? Do you have someone local to convert it or do you know how? 

I purchased a loom state Smitten Gertie Cretaceous in orange. It is a 6, which is slightly larger than my base. It is a limited weave to support funding for mitochondrial disease and I got it from BWOAB. Hoping to sell my handwoven to break even, because I never use it.
  • @Rhubarb7216 glad you're getting back to your job and I'm so happy for you that your previa/bleeding has resolved. I hope everything goes really well for you from here on out. Was your preterm labor risk, because of issues with your cervix?
  • @lilpoots  It's my base size 5. I'm not a fan of shorties as I love my double hammocks. For my Marley there is someone "local" ( She's 2 hrs away) and trusted in the Canadian babywearing world (sewfunky). I'm getting rid of my Natibaby as I probably will not need a wool wrap in Texas. I still have my Oscha linen, but I prefer handwoven more than machine woven. I guess people were complaining about Cultural appropriation with the Marley, so Risaroo and Girasol did an exclusive Soul rebel and part of the profits went to a Jamaican Association. I don't agree with the CA as Giras are Handwoven in Guatemala for fair trade and these "Rasta" colours represent most African nations ( which is why I love them, I'm half Ghanaian) and Jamaica uses them to show history to the Motherland. Buttttt I'm just glad it went to a good cause and now i have one :)   *sorry for the long post* I'l post in babywearing about this 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @lilpoots yes I was diagnosed with a short cerivx at 18 weeks and have been on vaginal progesterone since then. Fortunately the progesterone worked really well for me and my cervical length not only stopped shortening, but actually got longer. I'm still below the normal length, but it's been stable for awhile now. Even though it's stable, I'm still at higher risk for preterm labor so have to be extra aware of potentially concerning symptoms.
  • @jena333-2
    I actually asked this in my birth class since I'm working up until 5 days before my due date so totally possible I'll go into labor there. The instructor said that since early labor tends to be fairly long, especially for first time mom's, that she'd say it was probably a fine thing to do so long as it was something you were comfortable with.
    That said, my husband will be off work at the end of August so he shot the idea and said he would pick me up. 
  • I got sooooooooooooo sunburned on my belly this weekend. I'm so mad at myself cause I'm usually so good about sunscreen for me and everybody else in my family. I put sunscreen on twice! I don't know what happened. Boooo. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @jena333-2 this is something that you will be able to determine at the time. With my oldest I went into labor 3 weeks early while working in a factory. At lunch my contractions were 3 minutes apart. So I left work and had to stop and pay a couple things but one of the ladies I worked with was freaking out and had her mom drive me. I would have been fine but it was nice to have someone with me too. Needless to say I got to the hospital and my daughter was born 4 hours later. Lol. My son's labor was completely different. Just have a backup plan if you can't drive and trust your instincts. If you are not comfortable then don't drive!!
  • @jena333-2 I have never had a vaginal birth or even gone into regular labor, but I'm planning on working up until I go into labor or my due date. If labor starts at work, I plan to drive myself to the hospital or to my house depending on contractions. 
  • lilpoots said:
    @jena333-2 I have never had a vaginal birth or even gone into regular labor, but I'm planning on working up until I go into labor or my due date. If labor starts at work, I plan to drive myself to the hospital or to my house depending on contractions. 
    Same here. I plan to work on up until either my due date or I go into labor. For me work is closer to the L&D ward (only 20 minutes away instead of 40 miles), so I will probably drive myself providing I am able. Otherwise I would have to wait an hour for DH or our LO's godfather to drive the hour into town to pick me up and take me to the hospital. There is no way I am taking a $5k ambulance ride to the L&D ward from work. Company policy is to call an ambulance at my work, but I will be PRC.
  • Thank you ladies for your feedback on this!! Hopefully when it's game time I'll have a better idea!
  • ColoradoHikerColoradoHiker member
    edited June 2017
    @jenn622-2 It really depends!  I had a membrane sweep with DS1 and started having contractions before I made it to my car.  However, the MW said I would probably have them, and they would either taper off, or lead to full labor (which it did).  The early contractions were more like cramps, so it really wasn't a big deal, but I also lived less than 2 miles from the hospital.

Is there a grocery store, Target, Lowes, something like that, close to work where you could potentially drop your car off, and have someone from work drive you to the hospital if need be?  Or then have your DH meet you where you park your car?  Is your hospital closer to work or home?  The truth is, FTMs *usually* have plenty of time to get it together once the contractions become timeable.  Since you're working until you go into labor, however, I do recommend having your hospital bag in the car with you, especially if your hospital is closer to work than home.  The only thing is that you could be having contractions for hours before you can be admitted to the hospital, so there's a lot of factors involved.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Rhubarb7216 So glad you got to go back to work. I didn't realize you were in the Boston area. I used to live in downtown Boston. Went to grad school there. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @bridge-and-wall yup I'm a Massachusetts native! Where did you go to grad school?
  • I'm having a similar dilemma about what to do if I go in to labor at work, complicated by the fact I take public transportation to get to work. I work in the city and my hospital (and OB's office is in the building next door) is much more accessible to my office than home - I can get there from the office in 10-15 min on subway or could even walk and be there in 20 minutes (ok let's be honest if in labor I'd probably take a cab). From home I could be there in 20-25 min without traffic, but in rush hour traffic it could take an hour. If I go into labor at work, I don't want to go straight to the hospital because I'd rather wait until contractions are closer together, but I don't really want to stay at the office while I'm in labor. So I'm trying to figure out if I should just go home as soon as contractions start so I can labor at home until contractions are closer together. However, to get home I have to take a commuter train and the idea of my water breaking on the train is horrifying! Driving to work as I get closer to my due date isn't really an option because my office doesn't have any parking and the public garages near by are ridiculously expensive. Hopefully I'll just go into labor when I'm already home and don't need to worry about this...
  • @Rhubarb7216 Are there any relatively cheap hotels nearby?  I realize laboring in a hotel is sub-optimal, but if there's one close to the hospital, it may work.  Also, you can ask with L&D (when you do a tour, maybe) if they have rooms available in Triage if you go there while in early labor, and it's not quite time for you to be admitted, but going back home is too far/ middle of rush hour, etc.  A lot of times they will encourage you to walk around the hospital, too.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @jenn622-2 I was worried about this my whole first pregnancy. My job was an hour away without traffic. My OB made it seem like it was no big deal I was so far away. I ended up being induced so it didn't matter, but I was very nervous about driving so far. 
  • @Rhubarb7216 I went to Emerson. Lived right on Boston Common for 2 years. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @jenn622-2, I drove myself to my doctor the morning I  delivered thinking that what I was experiencing was back pain. It turned out that I was in labor and 5 centimeters dialated. The nurse actually put me in a wheelchair and walked me the two blocks to the hospital since she did not want me behind the wheel any longer. We left my car at the doctor's office, and I can't remember if it sat overnight or what happened.  I'm keeping the faith that these logistics, which I tend to stress over, will work themselves out once again.
  • @Rhubarb7216 I'm a Boston native too (but now live in CA) and definitely agree getting on the subway/commuter rail is not the way to go!! Maybe go get a mani/pedi until its game time and just relax in their chairs? Haha.
  • @Rhubarb7216 @jenn622-2 @bridge-and-wall Hooray for Massachusetts love! I moved here for undergrad back in 2002 and never went back to NY, except for summer after freshman year. Husband is a Boston native and now our baby will be too :)
  • jena333-2 said:
    I was SUPER confused as to what people were talking about, and why they were tagging me. But I guess my name is pretty close to @jenn622-2 :P
    I'm sorry, one of you is gonna have to fix your name. That's way too similar!!  :D

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Guys, my toddler acted like a toddler today and I am exhausted.
  • Damn these kettle cooked salt and vinegar chips and their deliciousness. 
  • Omg @jena333-2 I'm embarrassed. I swear it is that weird -2 that confuses me.