TTC after 35
Options

Intro - *TW child mentioned

nitnat007nitnat007 member
edited June 2017 in TTC after 35
Hi Ladies, 
So, thought I would finally introduce myself here, although I have been lurking for a while and posted a few times in the general "Trying to get pregnant board".

About us: I am currently 36 (37 in August) and trying to conceive my first. My SO is 35, and has a DS from a previous marriage that is 8, and who is with us most of the time. I love him dearly, we bonded immediately and I treat him as if he were mine.  But as much as I love him, the longing to have one of my own is very much apparent. So, considering my age, and my SO's impending deployment in January (he is in the Navy and will be gone for 6 months), we finally made the decision to just start trying and see what happens. It is all very scary and exciting for me, as I am sure it is for every one of you here. There is also a lot of pressure from my mom to deliver more grand-kids, so we are currently not sharing this journey with anyone else. At the moment I don't feel like the constant questioning would be helpful. 

What am I doing tc: I just had my IUD removed last month and hopeful that my cycle will fall into place quite quickly as I did have some indication of menstruating while still having the IUD. If calculations are correct, I am currently on my TWW and AF should appear some time next week (CD 24/DPO 11). I did use OPK's and had some positives earlier in the month. Also using FF and a few others, charting all the things. And as of today, temping as well. 

From what I have read through lurking, you are all a very positive and supportive group and I look forward to getting to know you all better in the comping weeks. 

PS - Its Friday ladies, act accordingly! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Re: Intro - *TW child mentioned

• Options
    welcome! ttc can be very scary but it is so helpful when you find a wonderful group to share the journey is (as we have here) 

i totally get the pressure from family... it's just my sister and I - and she plans on not having children.... i would love to have at least two but i feel like time is running out so i would happy with just one healthy baby :) 

hopefully your stay is not too long :) 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    @harleyquinn0621 thank you! I am sure it is the same fear for everyone, my worst fear is just that it is too late for me now. I have one older sister, that has two kids (daughter 22 and son 18), and both her and my mom had their kids when they were so, so young. I chose to wait because I wanted to be with the right partner first. He just took so long to find me lol....sigh 

Hope you get that one healthy baby soon! :smile: 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome. Sometimes life is funny and we don't find our partners until later. DH and I were both 36 when we got married. Hope your stay here is short.
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    @amberruka thank you! Life is as they say, "a journey". We joke about it and tell him it's his fault because he was too stubborn to stop and ask for directions. Otherwise he would have found me sooner. GL to you too and enjoy your Sunday! 
  • Options
    Yes to finding the right partner later then you expected to!

Good luck!