July 2016 Moms

Unpopular Opinion

Re: Unpopular Opinion

• @LDSJM123 I couldnt get into it either! I also couldn't get into House of Cards after Season 2.

I dislike donuts, everyone goes nuts for them at the office. They always look good, but I just don't like them. 

• Loading the player...
  • I hate OITNB too!! It seems like thay show stuff just to be crude, not to aid the story.
    I dislike most donuts, I only like chocolate or homemade cinnamon/sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• @FTM53 I know. Or like something small for diapers and wipes or something maybe. But she's team green. She even created a registry with things like another monitor, another pack n play, another single stroller, exersaucer. Our friend told her off a bit last night at dinner. Apparently, she donated a bunch of things expecting to get new ones at the baby shower. 
  • I'm in the same boat @dachshundmomma.  My husband is on the guest bedroom right now and has been for about 6 months.  My mom told me it's not good for our marriage.  F that.  It works for us for now.

i dislike hosting parties.  I get too anxious about it!
  • We've spent a lot of this year sleeping in separate areas of the house, DH sleeps on the couch when he has trouble sleeping or when the baby is having a rough week of sleep and I need to get up a lot. It works for us too, I don't think it has any negative affect on our marriage and it's much better when we can get sleep that way! No judgement here! 

Mine is similar in that we rarely eat dinner together. Or at the table. Both of our families were good about eating together at the table growing up, but honestly I never felt like it was this big bonding time like other families seemed to consider dinner to be. Game nights or activities were much better for bonding in our family. Part of that might have been that my family was pretty quiet and we were a bit surly as teens, lol. Anyways, around here dinner is our unwind time and we tend to eat wherever we want and usually in separate places unless I specifically plan a nice dinner to eat together, like grilling out or celebrating. It is good for us, and then we usually hang out afterwards and talk or watch a movie or something once we've all had some good time to relax. I don't think it's an indication that a family is not close or is not taking time for each other if they don't necessarily choose to eat together all the time. Maybe that will change when our kids are older, but for now this works just fine for us! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • We don't do CIO. I'll let them fuss for a minute or two, but if they are actually crying I go in to soothe them right away. But, they rarely cry in their beds unless they're actually upset or hungry, which makes it easier to not do CIO. 
  • @austinjl @DachshundMomma
    We cosleep most of the time and SO sleeps in our spare room when he works the late or early shift which is 90% of the time. It mostly works for us but I do miss cuddling with my husband. We're on a mission to get Will into his crib because my mom will be watching him when I go back to work in a couple weeks and refuses to to sleep. But I refuse to let him CIO. We're making huge strides from not being able to put him down at all to him doing most naps and 2-3 hour stretches in the crib at night.  
  • It helps me know that we aren't the only ones who sleep separate. I figure were both getting a night of sleep so we aren't cranky (hypothetically). I too miss cuddling my husband but I equally hate walking between rooms 10x a night half asleep lol  
  • I hate restaurant high chairs.  They're horrible.  The straps are gunky and disgusting and so incredibly short.  S is a week shy of 1 and the straps this weekend were INCHES short of being able to buckle.  Who came up with those??
  • FTM53FTM53 member
    edited June 2017
    @mnkenned I'm with you on the me time. I stopped working in April and have kept DS in daycare. I'm not strict about it and will keep him home anytime, but I actually have a clean home, All laundry is done, Errands are taken care of quickly, I usually get a little nap, good wholesome meals are ready when DH gets home and I'm not cranky and physically/emotionally exhausted. And DS is happier, too. I initially tried to keep him home, but he was miserable and crying going in and out of the car for errands and having to play by himself while I folded laundry/cooked/cleaned. Both DH and DS are very high demand of my mental/physical/emotional energy and I LOVE it, but I need the recharge time or I'm awful. I've also gotten to take over things at home like day to day finances so DH can relax and have time with DS, too
  • FTM53FTM53 member
    @TiffRox81Its super nice and convenient, but you get a lot of mom shade, too. I feel like I'm always explaining that I'm waiting on my contract job to start and if I take him out loose his spot and have to go back on the 4 month waiting list 
  • I hate restaurant high chairs.  They're horrible.  The straps are gunky and disgusting and so incredibly short.  S is a week shy of 1 and the straps this weekend were INCHES short of being able to buckle.  Who came up with those??
    Me too! Look into Phil & Teds Lobster chair. We take that thing everywhere.
  • FTM53 said:
    @TiffRox81Its super nice and convenient, but you get a lot of mom shade, too. I feel like I'm always explaining that I'm waiting on my contract job to start and if I take him out loose his spot and have to go back on the 4 month waiting list 

Not going to lie, I was going to ask if you were a SAHM, and he went full time (which....I may have been judging and totally jealous of at the same time), or if it was a drop in thing a couple days a week.

I totally forgot you talking about the wait list for daycare and the contract job. It's a pretty good job too right? 
  • My kid will not keep headbands (or sunglasses) on to save her life.  Not even seconds after I put one on her she is pulling it off and strangling herself.  Bummer.