January 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments: week of 6/26

Who has appointments this week? Check in here!
DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Weekly Appointments: week of 6/26

• Yay I finally get to post that we have our first appointment this week. I can't wait to see what they say and hopefully meet LO, I'm elated. My last experience with an ultrasound was awful. So I'm looking forward to this tomorrow. Scared but excited. If I'm truly at 12 weeks..what should I expect tomorrow? Me being a FTM and actually getting past 8 weeks I don't know what we're up against tomorrow assuming everything goes well.

Thanks for the input.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have our dating u/s and genetic screening on Friday! Can't wait to see this little peanut!
  • I have an appt with my OB on Friday! The nurse I spoke to last week mentioned having a Doppler scan, but since it's my first appointment with her, I'm hoping that she will want to do an ultrasound to check on the 2 beans... :smiley:
  • I have my NT scan/ultrasound and Counsyl testing on Wednesday.  I've been a wreck waiting for this appt- so I'm so glad it's finally almost here.  I turn 40 on Sunday- so the best gift would be to get the results back with everything all good! (But I know the Counsyl results take about a week :(...)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Technically not an appointment, but I finally got around to doing my pregnancy blood panel today.  I probably will get yelled at my appointment next week for not getting it done sooner, but at least I got it done before next week's appointment lol!
  • Tomorrow having a 12 week visit. Ultrasound first followed by appointment with my ob. Can't wait!! Got my counsyl testing back today and all is normal! Woot!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I should HOPEFULLY get my Informaseq results by Friday (or Monday at the lastest) and I also have my NT scan Friday afternoon. REALLY looking forward to Friday  :)
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• NT Scan tomorrow morning and 12 week (and first with my OB) appointment Thursday afternoon. So excited that this week is finally here!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had my NT scan today and it went well! Baby was moving and everything seemed on track. HR of 157 bpm. Paired with the MaternIT results, I feel like we are in a good spot so far. Also happy that my cervix measurements were okay after several LEEPs when I was younger. All in all, a good day although I'm still waiting for my Counsyl panel results. Really liked my US tech and after waiting for this new doctor for two hours (mine is on vacay), I'm grateful I have who I do as well. I will also find out about toxoplasmosis on Wednesday - heading to Italy for a wedding and my OB wanted me to know if I could have fresh fruits or vegetables or not.

wishing everyone great appointments this week. Especially those of you who will get a peek at LO for the first time!  <3
  • Next u/s and f/u appointment on Wednesday!  I guess I'll finally get to ask about the testing my CNM wants me to do since nobody's bothered to return any of my phone calls.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• EagsEags member
    Heard LO's heartbeat again at my 12w appointment - 163! I'm calling girl based off the old wive's tale   ;)
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Had U/S w/ MFM today & NT test - got to see both babies being very active! All looks good so far! :)
  • I have an appointment tomorrow with my OB, hoping to get an ultrasound. I've been having some pain in my stomach since before getting pregnant, and especially during certain positions when we'd DTD. I used to get cyst occasionally so I'd like to see if they can see if there is something going on in there. And also see the babe. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ladies... I had my apt today. The OB was so cold and rude to me. I cried after she left my room, and I cried in my car and just said I want to go back to my old OB. So I am. I loved her. She's kind but honest. But I need some kindness, I can't handle the coldness from my OB. I originally moved to a different OB because my husbands insurance covers more if I deliver at Vanderbilt Hospital, and my OB doesn't deliver there, but today I looked up the approximate cost for a c-section at both hospitals and I'll happily pay to see my old OB and pay the extra money to be happy before I get to the hospital part.

Also, that OB I saw today is putting me in touch with a genetics counselor because I want to do the screenings. Is it totally bad that I still see them and do that part with them still, even though I know I'm never returning for an OB visit? I don't want to wait another 6 weeks to find out its healthy and a boy or a girl. I'm so horrible, right? Whatever, I'm paying them still. haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supercoolstephy I'm so sorry you had an awful experience. Some OBs shouldn't be in practice if they have no bedside manner. Ugh. Anyway, I switched practices but kept all of my other appointments (genetics, MFM) until I was fully switched over to the new place. I am not returning to my old provider.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @supercoolstephy hugs. Having a bad OB is worse than having any other kind of bad doctor IMO. I don't have experience, but I would think you'd be fine making the switch and keeping your other screening appointments.
  • ***TW*** (x-post to FTM Thread)

Had my follow-up today at 11 weeks 4 days.  Fetus is showing a cystic hygroma on the back of the neck.  DH has been quiet and I feel devastated and overwhelmed.  We waited 2 years for our BFP & just told our families this weekend.  We've been referred to the Level 3 in our area for a follow-up high-def U/S & consultation and are currently waiting on the genetic test results.  I should get a call from the Level 3 tomorrow to schedule that appointment.  I know I'll be classified as high risk at this point and am coming to terms with not delivering at the hospital we'd chosen and the probability of a cesarean.  I'm trying not to focus on it too much.  There are too many potential causes and too many potential outcomes for me to mentally process right now (from resolving itself on its own to fetal death).  I might lurk a bit more than usual the next few weeks until I find my center again.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• I'm so sorry @WildMagelet. Sending you and your family love. Hopefully genetic testing comes back normal and the cyst resolves on it's own.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @WildMagelet I'm very sorry. I did a little reading because I didn't know what that was. I'm praying that it will resolve on its own soon. My thoughts will be with you and your DH. Hugs
  • edited June 2017
    Oh @WildMagelet so many hugs. You'll be in my thoughts.
  • Thank you, ladies.  Fingers crossed the testing comes back clear, it resolves itself on its own, and one day today will just be a faint unhappy memory.

@missblaze @burnsmommy27 @schaze
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• @WildMagelet what a lot to take in.  I'm so sorry, and I'll be praying for you.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Oh no @WildMagelet I'm so sorry you are going through this. 
  • @WildMagelet you and baby will be in my prayers! 
  • @WildMagelet best wishes for you and baby! Praying for the best outcome for you all. 
  • Our BMB is the best. ❤️  Thanks, ladies.

@KatieEl @Cantw82bamom @clearlyclara @trudytudy
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• Oh @WildMagelet, I'm so sorry to hear about your news. It must have been very hard to hear. Prayers that the cyst resolves, and like someone else said, that this all becomes a distant memory. I'm praying for you and DH.
  • @WildMagelet I'm so sorry you are going through this! The unknown is so hard! I'll be praying for you. Keep us updated as much as you feel up to. Hugs!!
  •  Fingers crossed the testing comes back clear, it resolves itself on its own, and one day today will just be a faint unhappy memory.

I have read on this and it it completely possible to resolve on its own by 20 to 27 weeks if no genetics issue. Plzz don't stress yourself, and u being positive will help even more in such situation. Take care dear.

• @supercoolstephy I think you are totally smart to go with your old OB… and I do not think there is anything wrong with seeing the genetics counselor at either place!

@WildMagelet  Hugs and hugs.

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @WildMagelet like PPs I hope this resolves and becomes a distant memory. Sending you thoughts, prayers and patient vibes as you wait for follow up. Please update us as much as you are able ❤
  • I have my first appointment with my OBGYN tomorrow morning, and i'm slightly terrified. I don't know if it's cause i'm afraid that she's going to give us bad news (it's not the NT scan tomorrow; i think she's just going to use a doppler - though i want an ultrasound so i can see the two of them and be reassured that all is well!) or if she might get upset at me cause i've actually lost about 10 pounds in the last few weeks from how bad the nausea has been, or whatnot. I *am* a little nervous about how much weight she is going to advise that I gain since this is a multiple pregnancy, but at the same time i know it's for the good of the babies so it's not that big of a deal. :smile:

i'm a FTM so this is now all uncharted territory for me...lol :lol:
  • @caseyw8784 for the weight, try not to worry! I lost 10 pounds in 1st tri with DD due to the nausea and my OB wasn't concerned. Best of luck tomorrow!

AFM.. getting just a little nervous about our scan tomorrow. I haven't really had time to think about it and now it's hitting me that we finally get to see this bean tomorrow. 
  • I'm starting to worry that DH won't be able to make it to the NT scan next week... It's gotta be next week because that's my week 12, so it's on the 6th. But DH is a professional fireworks technician so it's a *slightly* busy week for him. He's leaving Sunday for a show Tuesday and will be home Wednesday afternoon *if* there's no rain delay. If there is weather they'll have to shoot Wednesday night, clean up Thursday morning, and then do the couple hour drive home, so he probably would miss the 2:30 appointment. But Friday and Saturday they have another show, close to home but still an all day gig. Ughh. It'll probably be fine, they've only had to rain delay once in the 5 years they've done this event...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @bainidhedub FX there's no rain. 
  • NT scan today and baby boy was active and everything looked great but he's measuring 10 days ahead from my LMP so my new due date is January 8th. I'm went from 11w1d to 12w4d. I'll take it !
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• @WildMagelet hugs and prayers for your little one!

I had our NT Scan on Wednesday and everything looked good. I was told the doctors would read it the next day and that no news was good news. I go back in 2 weeks for the second blood draw. We also had our OB intake appointment Wednesday morning and discussed family histories and pregnancy. Did hit a ton of traffic so we were late, but that means we have the post OB intake and ultrasound again on July 11th. So happy for so many pictures!
  • Went for my NT scan on Wednesday, and neither baby was in the right position for measurements, so they decided not to do it. Period. Since I'm getting the blood test, they figured that was good enough. I'm kind of disappointed, but I guess that's how it goes?
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)