January 2018 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change: 6/27

If you're due 1/2, 1/9, 1/16, 1/23 or 1/30 this thread is for you!

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: Do you think your SO will be getting you a push present? If so, what do you want?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change: 6/27

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    13 weeks! Baby is the size of a peach.

2. How are you feeling?
    I've been feeling great. Just pretty crampy at night. A lot of back aches and indigestion.

No appointments, but we got our Harmony results yesterday and IT'S A GIRL!!! All genetics results were great!

None that I can think of. So excited to find out it's a girl so I can finally start looking at nursery stuff!

5. GTKY: Do you think your SO will be getting you a push present? If so, what do you want?
    I told DH I just wanted a big box of tacos from Taco Bell after labor. Haha I doubt we will do an actual push present though.
  • missblazemissblaze member
    edited June 2017

No longer a Tuesday gal, but I just had to jump in here. I think the idea of a push present is so bizarre. I know a lot of women that have gotten gifts, but to me, it just seems strange.

ETA: It makes it seem like a business transaction. It seems like you're being "paid" for a service provided. Makes me feel icky. LOL.  

ETA#2: That doesn't mean some of you ladies shouldn't enjoy getting gifts if that is your thing. ;)

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Loading the player...
  • @missblaze Haha I know a girl who has 3 boys and I think her husband has bought her a Louis every time she's had a kid. I'm just thinking "birthing this child is gonna be expensive enough!" I'm just hoping for a box of tacos and maybe paying someone to clean my house while I'm in the hospital haha ;)
  • @whitta1218 Tacos and house cleaning are great! And make things easier after having a baby lol. I wouldn't consider DH getting take out and having the house cleaned a push present lol. It's just taking care of his wife. ;)

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

•  
    13 weeks! I got a couple little peaches!

2. How are you feeling?
    Still nausea, still fatigue.  Nipple vasospasms are serious business.  (Partly due to having reduction surgery a few years back, but some STMs may be in the same boat.) Every time I think the nausea is getting better, it swings the other way.

NT scan tomorrow!

Today I ate breakfast without wanting to gag! Yay!  It's supposed to be getting better soon, right?  I can almost see 2nd tri from here.

I don't think either of us has ever heard of that, tbh.  I have a few different love languages, but "gifting" is absolutely not one of them (for me, or for my wife), so I don't think a gift will occur to us.  If anything, she'll sneak a bagel piled with lox into the hospital as soon as I'm allowed solid foods. (I'm avoiding smoked meat now, but I really, really miss lox.)

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

9 weeks, the size of a cherry.

2. How are you feeling?
    Tired and nauseous and tired :)

Nope.  Next appointment is July 14.

Looking forward to my NT Scan on July 21.  They've been able to tell the gender with both my previous pregnancies, so getting my hopes up that they'll be able to do the same.

He did surprise me with diamond studs about a month before I delivered DD, although it was technically a Christmas gift.  I wouldn't mind getting them upgraded a bit, but I doubt we'll have spare money to waste on that ;) I am most looking forward to popping a bottle of champagne when I get home and enjoying the bubbly again.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

12 weeks, size of a plum:)

2. How are you feeling?
    Back and forth. But mostly good.

Just another hospital tour today.

Not this time.

Probably not. I would love a good bottle of wine though!

• geshemgeshem member
    11, size of a lime

2. How are you feeling?
    Mostly good, though I almost fainted today. Definite RLP all of a sudden in the last day or so. Bad headaches when I traveled by airplane over the weekend.

No, I am having trouble finding an OB to see me away from my regular one, since I'm away from home for the summer :(

None right now.

Never heard of such a thing. I don't know, but probably not, my SO isn't really into giving physical gifts.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

10, size of a Lego person

2. How are you feeling?
    Fine, just tired

No, my 1st was last week and I almost fainted when they drew blood. Not fun!

The bloat is here : ( I had to use the rubber band trick on my pants today. So the awkward stage where I don't look pregnant, just fat & bloated, has arrived, ugh!

No, we're spending a lot of money now with a new house, etc. So all I need from DH is his help and comfort with my pp tears : ( not looking forward to those early weeks!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Lizbeth86 I have always fainted when giving blood! I was so nervous about being pregnant because all of the blood people say you have to give. I took a small bottle of orange juice with me to sip on the whole time (to keep my sugar up) and the nurse gave me something to fan myself with. I fanned myself and talked to her and it helped a ton! Never lost my color.
  • @Lizbeth86 I have always fainted when giving blood! I was so nervous about being pregnant because all of the blood people say you have to give. I took a small bottle of orange juice with me to sip on the whole time (to keep my sugar up) and the nurse gave me something to fan myself with. I fanned myself and talked to her and it helped a ton! Never lost my color.
    Ugh I'm sorry you go through that, it was an awful feeling : (

In my case I was just really stupid and unprepared. I went to the gym in the morning and worked half day before going to my appt. Work was so hectic that i didn't drink enough water after working out, and I got out of work too late to eat lunch before my appt. I didn't even realize all this until she started taking my blood and asked me if I'd eaten and drank enough water. Stupid me, lesson learned!