Infertility

Help!! Think I started BCP at the wrong time for FET!

Hello ladies! Background: I've had two losses and am going in for my third FET cycle.

I think I've messed up on this one... After my second miscarriage, I had to wait for the miscarriage bleed (i.e. first period), then I would start the next FET cycle once my second period came.

The miscarriage bleed came and went, and then I waited and waited for my second period so I could call in for first day of menses and start BCP. Well, I spotted a little after 1.5 months or so, called the nurse, and she said to wait. So then, and this is where I messed up, I had some more spotting 2 weeks later, and fed up of waiting, I just called her and said I didn't quite have full flow, but that I was bleeding (I really just had spotting).

So, I was advised to start taking BCP, and now 14 days into taking it, I've been bleeding old brown blood (sorry, TMI), and I have quite bad period cramps for the last 4 days.

The bottom line is - I'm really worried that I started taking the BCP at the wrong time, and that my whole FET is going to be a blow. I have my baseline appointment on 6/29, but how will they be absolutely sure that my lining is OK to start a FET? And does it matter if I didn't really have my period when I called it in?

Needless to say, I feel like a complete idiot. I should have just waited, but, after 2 failed cycles I was frustrated having waited for 2 months without a proper period. :(

Has anyone ever done this? I'm so scared that they're going to transfer the embryo and it's not even going to be the right time for it! Gah.

Re: Help!! Think I started BCP at the wrong time for FET!

• edited June 2017
    At your baseline appointment they will be able to check things by the lining thickness and your ovaries..but i would tell them your not sure you had AF just so you are not wasting time and money..
  • Right. At what baseline appt they will be able to see if the lining is thicker than what they expect it to be. 
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! I just got a full-on period so I'll definitely be telling them!
  • It'll be just fine.  Bodies are weird.  This is why they check! (((Hugs)))  so sorry it's been such a long drawn out process for you right now.  Fx 3rd time's the charm!!! ❤