January 2018 Moms

Hypnobabies

Has anyone gone through labor and delivers using hypnobabies? Recommendations? I'm due Jan 12, going for a VBAC. I had an extremely traumatic labor last time, an induction gone wrong. It was more agony than I thought I could have lived through. I'm terrified for labor this time around. Looking at hypnobabies as a possibility if it works! 

Re: Hypnobabies

• I had a friend that used this method. I think it went well for her. She had her baby in a birthing center and everything turned out well for her. I think she might've also used a doula. Are you considering a doula? I had med free births two times, good results and outcomes but I don't even want to think about it again.
  • I didn't use hypnobabies, but I read Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth. I highly recommend it to anyone who is going to have a baby! It has a lot of really good breathing techniques and it helped me get through an induction completely Med free with my DS. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I used Hypnobabies last time. I ended up with a C-section because LO was breech, but let me tell you, it worked. I labored up to 7cm before they took me back and I didn't even feel like I was in labor. I was laughing, talking up until I walked myself into the OR. I'll be doing Hypnobabies again, and I'll be using a doula.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Is hypnobabies a class or is there a book you can read? I read Ina May's book last time prepared to do natural childbirth, however, I had to be induced with pitocin (ouuuchhh) and had a long labor so I ended up getting an epidural. I'm really hoping to go natural this time and found an OB who fully supports this so I think I'm in good hands. I hated my labor experience last time, I had so many interventions and the Dr kept pressuring me to have a c-section. So glad I didn't cave on that part. 

Sorry this was long! 
  • @sbishop426 There are classes, doulas who specialize in Hypnobabies, and there is a home study course. I did the home study course last time. I'm going to be doing a live class this time. The home study course has a number of CDs that you listen to according to a specific schedule. Listening to them regularly is essential because it trains your body to respond to the hypnosis.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I used hypnobabies and I absolutely loved it, they do a lot of fear clearing and affirmations which might be especially good for you!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • I think I need this! 
  • I need to check this out! I'm not mentally okay with giving birth, and I think this would help me out. 
  • Thanks ladies! I'm not using a doula, but I do have a midwife and she is awesome. I'm going to look further into the hynobabies. For those of you who used it, when do you suggest you start the CDs?
  • @aisy-daisy The home study course has recommendations for when to start. It's a scheduled program. You can do the affirmations throughout pregnancy though.

Pregnancy Ticker