January 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6/26

Sorry for the late start ladies! Just got back from DD's Dr appt.

What's on your mind this week?

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/26

• My parents started trying to come up with their grandparent names yesterday since this will be their first grandchild...They are excited about "Lolli and Pop" my DH cringed at the thought, we are both hoping they are kidding lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @TInman87 - my mom's name is Marilyn, and her nickname is Mimi...and she told us within 10 minutes of us announcing the pregnancy to them that she wants to be called that. My dad, however, has no clue what he wants to be called yet. :lol:
    FTR, I kind of think "Lolli and Pop" are kind of cute :wink:
  • Im picking what my child is calling my parents lol. My Mom said they will be "Grammy" and "Grandaddy" (thats what i use to call my Grandparents when I was litte) but I dont like it. Plus I have already taught my dogs that when I say "Wanna go to Grandma and Grandpas" they know its my parents. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was decently productive at work this morning but now my motivation has pretty much disappeared and I'm so tempted to take PM PTO. A nice long nap with my pups sounds so wonderful right now. On the other hand, if I take too many random afternoons off it will make next year's PTO a little tight.
  • Kids are gonna call their grandparents whatever they want/you call them. My dad had a minor identity crisis when I was pregnant with my son and decided he wanted to be called "Dajoe" - as in Dad plus the beginning of his last name. Yeah, not humoring that one. I say Grandpa bc that's what I grew up saying, and when Thing 1 started talking it first sounded like "Bumpa" but now it's pretty much just Grandpa.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• For anyone who was asking and hasn't bought yet, Zulilly has pregnancy sleep pillows on sale today. 
  • I'm all for the classic Grandpa and Grandma. That's how I addressed my grandparents. My MIL often uses Mimi since the other grandchild started calling her that. I just ignore it and have my kids refer to her as grandma. My FIL goes by Papa with the other grandchild. Which I also ignore. Sometimes I refer to my H as Papa since Papa means dad to me. I don't like Mimi and Papa bc it sounds too close to mommy and well... Papa. Plus I wonder if when my kids are older will they feel silly saying Mimi? 
  • My MIL and FIL are Nana and Papa and my parents are Nonnie and Poppy. Each side has 3 grandkids already and they kind of call the grandparents different variations of those names at different times. 

@caseyw8784 I'm from the Boston area too!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My random is I pulled out my maternity clothes from last time and so psyched to start wearing some of them again soon! Not that I really NEED to, but they're soooo comfy! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @EmilyLove25 its beautiful! Congratulations!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @EmilyLove25 - your house is beautiful! i love that style! (and your dog is a beauty as well, and looks so happy! :wink: )
  • Congrats @EmilyLove25!
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Congratulations @EmilyLove25! That house is gorgeous.
  • @WildMagelet The Into the Woods announcement is really well done and cute! Good job! :smile:
  • @EmilyLove25 beautiful home! Congrats to you and your family. I love the greenery out front - makes it seem like an oasis somehow.

@WildMagelet those sound like such sweet, heartfelt responses! Heartwarming!

@kelk5 I can relate. DH can't stop touching me. I love it (most of the time) and wish I felt well enough to enjoy! 
  • @gilsam1 - Thanks!  Apparently she was so thrilled with it she put it on display with the framed photo of our last u/s  :D

@libbberty - It really was!  It was a great day!
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @EmilyLove25 Gorgeous home! So happy for you guys!
  • @EmilyLove25  adorable home!! I have always loved that style!! Congrats!!

@kelk5 hey I get it!! My DH has never been the touchy feely type, and right now he can't keep his hands of me. All this time I had it in my head that he is just trying to make me feel good, but reading your post has me thinking otherwise now! 

On the same note, DH kissed my belly good night last night :)
  • Does anyone happen to know when the cutoff for flying is? My boss is looking at sending me to a conference in Boston in mid-September, so I will be 22 weeks by then. It's a 1.5 hour flight versus a 7 hour train ride or drive, so if this works out I'd definitely rather fly.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @bainidhedub Im flying to Florida in November. I think different airlines have different rules. Most I think are ok with you flying up to 35 weeks if its a healthy normal pregnancy. Some airlines ask for a doctors note. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @WildMagelet your announcement is too adorable! 
  • Shanski70Shanski70 member
    edited June 2017

@bainidhedub last pregnancy I flew to Hawaii the week of Thanksgiving and I was due February 1st.  Just check with your healthcare provider (they will have a better idea if it will be safe for you and will probably send you with your medical records JUST IN CASE).

@KatieEl good luck with your moves! :)

On the topic of grandparent names, my mom wanted something "unique" so self selected Momsie as what she wants DD and #2 to call her.  I just absolutely cannot get on board with it.  I haven't even acknowledged the name when she says it or tells her friends in front of me that is what she wants to be called.  I think it is so awful on a lot of levels.

My weekly random is that we had a meeting at work today and I learned that the part of my job that I really don't like has been SIGNIFICANTLY reduced.  What used to take our entire department almost the entire summer to handle has been trimmed down to about 2 solid weeks of work.  #winning :)

Jan '18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Oh my god I have been aversion to coffee for ages, and today I had some for coffee and I'm in such a more chill mood this morning. 
  • Thanks @livingoffpbjs and @Shanski70 - I saw something about cruises restricting at 22 weeks and got worried!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @bainidhedub I just looked this up bc my in-laws want us all to go to AZ the first week of Jan and I'm really hoping I can blame the airline for not allowing me. I read 36 weeks most places but depends on the airline and your OB.
    We haven't told them about the pregnancy yet and my EDD based on my LMP is 1/31 but won't be surprised if it gets pushed back a little at my first US. But I can totally see my MIL being like, ok, let's do Christmas then. Still.not.ok!
  • @libbberty Those were my exact thoughts this morning when I saw that! 
  • Congrats, @EmilyLove25! Your home is beautiful!
  • @scatteringashes I drank my first cup of coffee in a month this morning. It was glorious and gave me the shakes  :D
  • @EmilyLove25 OMG, your house is gorgeous! So happy for you! Congrats! 

@WildMagelet You have no idea how happy it makes me that you used a musical theater reference as your announcement. Much approve. :)
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Shanski70  Nothing like unexpected good news!

@KatieEl  good luck with moving! I’m dreading it and trying to put it off, lol.

@WildMagelet Totally beautiful announcement! Also, I love Into the Woods (the musical) and when I am pregnant (or emotional) the song “No One is Alone” makes me cry very hard… any parent to be should listen to it!

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @schaze @Peepster @EmilyLove25 - Thanks ladies!  Into the Woods is one of my favorite musicals.  I was ecstatic when they announced they were making a movie.  Before they pushed it back for a Christmas release, it was originally supposed to be released in the U.S. on my birthday.  I used to make the jokes about getting a "Moment" with Chris Pine In the Woods for my birthday.  That's the one production I would make a point to return to community theatre for if it came up locally, make me a stepsister, or a stagehand I don't care - I want to be a part of it, although at this point The Baker's Wife would be a dream role.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• I love that house, @EmilyLove25!