August 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 6/26

This is for people with due dates 8/7, 8/14, 8/21, and 8/28

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or cravings this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY:  If you could be any Disney character, who would you be? Why?

Re: Monday Ticker Change 6/26

• How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby?  A fanny pack

Upcoming appointments this week? Not til July 18th! My appt last week went well and I haven't gained more weight (only 0.2lbs) so it shows that my diet change after the glucose test is working. 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Just a lot more back pain lately!

Rants/Raves/Questions?  It was so hot in the PNW this past weekend and the no air conditioning + pregnancy = terrible. I barely slept last night because of the heat and I woke up to a text from my mom saying that my grandma isn't doing too well. So, my week isn't starting off too great. Hopefully it improves and Grandma gets some good news at the doctor today. 

GTKY: If you could be any Disney character, who would you be? Why? Ariel. Being a mermaid would be so cool haha

• How far along are you? 34 weeks

How big is baby? Butternut Squash

Any upcoming appointments this week? None

Any new symptoms or cravings this week? My contractions haven't come back for over a week now! I'm very happy about that and the negative FFN test result.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I feel like the due date is so close yet so far away. Far away when I think about being pregnant for 5 more weeks, but super close when I think about having a newborn in 5 weeks! Time to get the car seat installed and start thinking about packing hospital bags because otherwise I will keep putting it off :)

GTKY:  If you could be any Disney character, who would you be? Why? Minnie Mouse. She's always so happy and giggling like life is perfect lol

• Loading the player...
  • @mokay19 no AC? God bless you. Hope you have other ways of staying cool! And I hope you get some good news regarding your grandma.

@middy411 yay for no contractions in over a week!

How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? Asparagus 

Any upcoming appointments this week? Just had my 32 wk appt this am, all is well. I asked to make my next appt in 3 wks instead of 2 so I can actually be on schedule for the bi-weekly ones instead of a week early.

Any new symptoms or cravings this week? I had really bad foot pain in the right ball of my foot for about a week. Ice and calf/foot stretches helped, but it took forever to feel better. Also feeling super big/full if I eat a regular sized meal. Gonna try smaller meals a day but right now I'm varying between feeling so hungry and feeling so full.

Rants/Raves/Questions? My insurance won't send my breast pump until 30 days before my due date as per their policy. I feel like everyone else gets theirs so much earlier and that 30 days is cutting it close!

GTKY:  If you could be any Disney character, who would you be? Why? I agree with Ariel, minus the whole "no voice in exchange for legs" thing. 

• kvh22kvh22 member
    @mokay19 glad your diet is going well but sorry to hear about your grandma!

@middy411 34 weeks was when I was planning to have my hospital bag ready by, too! You have a couple more weeks on me but I agree that it seems so close and so far.

How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby? I stopped keeping track. 

Any upcoming appointments this week? Regular appointment on Friday. Seeing a new OB at the practice (mine is on vacation but also excited to see others in the practice in case they delivery the baby).

Any new symptoms or cravings this week? Pelvic pain is so bad.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm not planning on getting a wipe warmer but should I get a wipe dispenser? Or do you usually just have the plastic package out? That's fine with me :)

GTKY:  If you could be any Disney character, who would you be? Why? I loved the girl in Brave. I'm a sucker for a good love story (Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book) so I do enjoy the classics but I just thought she was super strong and independent whereas a lot of the other princesses are helpless and saved by the prince. Plus I have red hair that can get a bit unruly ;)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @mokay19 I hope everything is ok with your grandma T&P

@szwill86 my insurance won't send my pump until the baby arrives... super annoying! I was on different insurance with DD1 and got my pump at like 28 weeks. Luckily I have that one if I need it before the new one comes in.

@kvh22 I STILL use my wipe warmer for my 15 month old. It definitely kept her from crying during middle of the night diaper changes in the beginning. I know that's on every single list of "do not need" or "waste of money" but my daughter loves the warm wipes and makes a shocked/pained face whenever we use cold ones haha. If I didn't use a wipe warmer I would just use them out of the pack.
  • @kvh22 I know I've said the wipe warmer is a waste. Maybe it was the one we had, but it dried out the wipes and the reservoir for water to remoisten was super tiny and I was refilling it multiple times a day. Ain't nobody got time for that.  We use the boxes, but usually when you buy a giant box of wipes refills, it comes with the box. We wound up with several so we have several through or the house. Huggies also sometimes includes a travel clutch that is really nice.
  • middy411middy411 member
    edited June 2017
    I have the Munchkin wipe warmer and I have never added water to it nor have my wipes ever dried out. I buy the large refill packs of the Huggies naturals wipes and they are a bit more moist to begin with. Never had trouble with the other brands we tried either though.